Melbourne Football

Round 23 | 2:30pm Sunday, March 3rd | Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin

Jimmy

Well thats this season done

Uhhhh...yep!! :mellow:

Surely not srs. We're 1 point outside the top 6 with 4 games left?

The two home games left are against 1st and 3rd and we have 2 away games left against last year's Champions and last year's Premiers. We might get 1 point against Adelaide and 1 point against WSW - expect nothing from the away games...which means we will not be getting back into the top 6, hence our season is over!

• Like 2

everyone involved in that performance should have their ticket home torn up and be made to fossick along the shores of NZ for scraps to build a raft that the cunts can build and then paddle home.

Only thing that could make this day better is watching the Visitard fan protest.

• Like 1

Another away game, another away game performance from those 11 impostors Who are they, they aren't the same guys we see at AAMI Park. It looks like 11 extras from the set of walking Dead wearing Heart shirts - mindless, aimless. No pressing, no structure, little meaningful possession, little meaningful ball retention, poor final passes, not one serious attempt on goal for the whole match. As I said, just a routine away performance

zombie-walkers-456-113012.jpg

Heart attacks during any away game.....

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

They better half the price of membership for next season. Because Heart have only played half of this season and I've seen no signs that they'll play more than half of next season. Away form has been unjustifiably pathetic.

I've held back from criticizing the team hoping they'd turn it around, but they've squandered chance after chance, and today the best chance they'll get, to win on the road. Unprofessional and lackluster from all: the players, the coaches and management a little bit.

Supporters should be real annoyed after today.

I can't remember the last time I have been left so deflated by a team. Losing in 2008 afl grand final was easier.

A team with a fill in coach, played 3 times in 7 days and sits bottom of the ladder bullied us for 90mins.

What makes everything worse is that of those non members from 13k last week, none will bother signing up for next year. I wouldn't put myself through supporting us if I was a fence sitter.

Everyone associated with the club should hang their head in shame

Well thats this season done

Uhhhh...yep!! :mellow:

Surely not srs. We're 1 point outside the top 6 with 4 games left?

2 home games left, one against WSW, in all honesty, we have no chance against them. The other, adelaide, should win. But we have two away games which if we cant beat Wellington in the situation they are in. We have no chance to get any points.

So that gets us to 30 points which I dont think is enough

It's got to be psychological. No way can this happen week in week out to the extent it has this season. They are mentally weak away from home and it's going to be detrimental in the long-run unless rectified soon. Don't deserve to make finals if the team can only perform to an acceptable standard 50% of the time.

They better half the price of membership for next season. Because Heart have only played half of this season and I've seen no signs that they'll play more than half of next season. Away form has been unjustifiably pathetic.

Agreed. It's doing more than anything else to stifle growth in memberships and attendances. And IMO it's harmful in the longer term. Losing isn't the issue for me, it just seems that there is absolutely no fight there - we are submitting without a whimper.

We've heard plenty of excuses, and no doubt JA will come up with some more today.

But I'm fed up with the excuses. We have to make some changes in the squad, that's for sure.

It's got to be psychological. No way can this happen week in week out to the extent it has this season. They are mentally weak away from home and it's going to be detrimental in the long-run unless rectified soon. Don't deserve to make finals if the team can only perform to an acceptable standard 50% of the time.

I think that it is psychological. No way JA is telling them to play out of position for 90 minutes, to not press for 90 minutes, to pass so poorly. The team needs a sports psychologist.

The other part of the problem is the lack of quality players and the small size of the list, out of form players can't be dropped as there are no better options. That bit is the Board's responsibility

Edited by belaguttman

Anyone else think that since Eli has come back, he thinks he is better than the league

He looks like he doesn't give a shit and is trying fucking impossible shit or standing offside

He has given us nothing since coming back and I'd be dropping him next week

But JA wont

• Like 4

Anyone else think that since Eli has come back, he thinks he is better than the league

He looks like he doesn't give a shit and is trying fucking impossible shit or standing offside

Tbh this is the babalj I have always seen. Rediculous amount of potential but not the world class player that everyone seems to think he is.