Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Thanks possiblygeorge for keeping us up to date with information three months old. Joe hart? Seriously? Gimme a break. I heard pele was gonna come out of retirement.

ffs. i cant comment here any moe without getting a smart ass answer.  :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be a problem if you commented things of relevance or logic.

others are talking about thiery henry and aguero, as soon as i mention someone its irrelevant? at least who i mentioned we were somewhat 'linked' with.

No, those are irrelevant too.

But they aren't complaining when they receive smart ass answers.  ;)

Id prefer to have my ass fucked by repeatedly having fireworks shot into it

I've noticed you've been commenting a lot lately about how you'd rather have your ass fucked by various tools and items as opposed to certain things happening to Heart, not sure if super committed supporter or closet homo  :lol:

• Like 5

can't see Gareth Barry anywhere other than the EPL next season. He's had a brilliant season at Everton and will have a lot of clubs interested in his services at the end of the year.

He's still got a few years left at EPL level and should be inline for a gig at the World Cup with England. Moving to the A-League probably wouldn't even be on his radar.

Forget all this bullshit we hear about players going overseas because they want to test themselves in Europe etc. The real reason is with our low salary caps they can't make serious money in Australia.

The odds are very high that our super wealthy overseas owners will want to make a huge statement and raise the bar for the A League with their marquee signings.

So we will likely get an overseas marquee who is NOT at the end of his career and looking to play a season or two in the A league for good money before retiring.

Similarly, for our Australian marquee we will most likely go after a Socceroo regular who is at the peak of his game and NOT someone looking to play a season or two in the A League and then retire.

Money talks.

Transfer fees will also not be an issue. 

Edited by Parrot

Rumours have already started by media saying that Gareth Barry to be the marque signing.

Not a chance. He'll stay in the EPL, may even move to Arsenal, and would certainly be looking for more cash than Heart can offer

You forget who we're owned by now.

if HSV relegated please try Van der Vaart

if WBA relegated please try Sessegnon

I wouldn't be so certain VDV would leave Hamburg if they were relegated. He loves the club and it would be highly possible he would stay to try and get them back up.

still worth a try

Yeah definitely. Was just saying that he's a bit different than your typical footballer of today. He still shows some loyalty. But yeah, most others wouldn't if their team got relegated.

Edited by Pete Heartspur

I wouldn't be so certain VDV would leave Hamburg if they were relegated. He loves the club and it would be highly possible he would stay to try and get them back up.

Yes, I agree

But like d13 said worth a try

signing VDV or Sessegnon to A-league is making a huge statement by city

Yes, I agree

But like d13 said worth a try

signing VDV or Sessegnon to A-league is making a huge statement by city

I think a loyal player may be a perfect target. It may mean he commits for more than just the oil money.