Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

brent mcgrath is the man, I believe this to be the case personally.. lets say it hasn't gone to plan as well as our club would have liked, still think we have him

in other words. we were a fall back if there was no other euro offers, which he seems to have received....

• Like 1

brent mcgrath is the man, I believe this to be the case personally.. lets say it hasn't gone to plan as well as our club would have liked, still think we have him

in other words. we were a fall back if there was no other euro offers, which he seems to have received....

Certainly sounds like it...

Playing large portion of the season in the A-League > starting less than half a season's worth of games in a slightly stronger Euro league (only using the Danish league as an example), especially in a World Cup year where playing regularly is everything.

What is it with football players? I know there is probably a lot more to it but it seems as if we had a handshake agreement with only some formalities to complete. Seems to have happened a number of times with us when players get greedy/agents shop them around to increase their value because they are about to sign! It is pathetic, we got stiffed with Luca$h and Garcia also.

If this is the way he is going to treat our club then I would nearly rather Hoffman up front (probably not but you get my point). The thing that frustrates me too is he will talk some dribble in the press conference about how he likes our project etc which is a crock of shit! 

Let's get this straight. McGrath was mentioned in a tweet from SoccerStoppageTime in the context that we were in "deep conversations" with him. There was also a comment from JD that we'd had contact but that nothing had come of it. Finally, Michael Lynch stated in an on-line article that McGrath was to start training with us on Tuesday of this week - i.e. 20th August. However, the latter statement was quickly deleted from the article, even though it still comes up on a Google search. All this fed into the posts by InMyHeart that we were going to announce a signing today.

I for one have not seen any confirmation at all that McGrath has been anywhere near MHFC recently. So we certainly shouldn't be bagging him.

All we should be concerned about is that time is marching on and we don't appear to have yet signed that all important central striker. That's the real issue.

Let's get this straight. McGrath was mentioned in a tweet from SoccerStoppageTime in the context that we were in "deep conversations" with him. There was also a comment from JD that we'd had contact but that nothing had come of it. Finally, Michael Lynch stated in an on-line article that McGrath was to start training with us on Tuesday of this week - i.e. 20th August. However, the latter statement was quickly deleted from the article, even though it still comes up on a Google search. All this fed into the posts by InMyHeart that we were going to announce a signing today.

I for one have not seen any confirmation at all that McGrath has been anywhere near MHFC recently. So we certainly shouldn't be bagging him.

All we should be concerned about is that time is marching on and we don't appear to have yet signed that all important central striker. That's the real issue.

Agree with all that, but confident that the club will sign a quality striker. They havent dissapointed me yet so hopefully that continues

Thanks for bringing it up!!! We all love to make assumptions, however no one knows the truth unless its brought out into the media. Lets hope we sign a descent striker who can seriously contribute 10+ goals for the team.

Yeah so true...

Ronaldo

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/melbourne-heart-chases-ronaldo-coup/story-e6frf9if-1225917693729

You well know it's been made clear that if we had Aad de Mos, Ronaldo would have been a very real possibility.