Melbourne Football

Jason culina.

MTP

Has apperently played his last game for sydney FC after a spat with Frank Farina on the training pitch.

Source - Brenton Speed

SIGN HIM UP!!!!

Wow really??? were there any more details on the matter?? He's to good of a player to simply just let go over a training spat. So much for professional athletes lol

All speculation. I was rebuked pre-season for saying we should give him a go - apparently his knees aren't up to it.

I would still like to see him at our club, Dutch midfielder or not. Culina is a quality midfielder, can play either defesively or more in attack. He has a pass that can open up a defence which I believe is something we need. And he scores goals.

Are his knees up to it?

He'd be an injury risk, but is a class act and as Peter noted above can play anywhere in midfield. You'd think seriously about signing him thats for sure, if you could be confidnet he was still the player he used to be.

Bizarre story though. Am shocked that a couple of pros would have a fall out like that. Anyone been watching the Scum games and knows how Culina was travelling?

Would be great to get Jason at the club he is a great professional and after a long lay off with a career ending injury he was able to come back and make an instant impact for Sydney FC. He would put heaps of pressure on Thommo and we all no he needs it.

Sign him for now and next season...

All speculation. I was rebuked pre-season for saying we should give him a go - apparently his knees aren't up to it.

I would still like to see him at our club, Dutch midfielder or not. Culina is a quality midfielder, can play either defesively or more in attack. He has a pass that can open up a defence which I believe is something we need. And he scores goals.

Are his knees up to it?

Yes, I remember a certain Awesome Poster, putting his professional opinion on the line... :droy:

• Like 1

Are his knees up to it?

Yes, I remember a certain Awesome Poster, putting his professional opinion on the line... :droy:

Hahahahahahahaha

The signing of Culina would not take the place of one of our younger players, it would be a straight replacement for Thomson. Imagine Culina and Germano in central midfielder both tackle, both win there own ball, both create and both score, then add N. Kelma in front ...

Now that gives me much more confidence than what we currently have with Thomson there... Do you agree???

• Like 1

The signing of Culina would not take the place of one of our younger players, it would be a straight replacement for Thomson. Imagine Culina and Germano in central midfielder both tackle, both win there own ball, both create and both score, then add N. Kelma in front ...

Now that gives me much more confidence than what we currently have with Thomson there... Do you agree???

I think we will play similar to that but with Marcel at DM, along with a Kalmar/Fred and Germano/Thompson Culina would have been an option until we made the 3 month marquee signing, he would still add though and be better in this combination than most of Thompson