Melbourne Football

'Munn signs Aussie based in Europe.'

MHFC19

Soooo....are we any closer in knowing who Scott signed???

Perhaps he didn't sign anyone. Perhaps there wasn't any intent that he would. Perhaps we're all putting two and two together and getting five.

Just think that the most important thing for us right now is to make sure we have a PLAN for our playing squad. No point in plugging gaps for the remaining few matches of this season and ending up with an unbalanced squad. The last thing we want is more Grays, Macallisters, Hoffmans etc. hanging around and taking up senior squad places. We need the right balance of ages and preferred playing positions and some idea of succession planning so that we get consistency in our playing style and build team understanding, so that we can have a tilt at the Premiership next season and into the future. Have we put the same starting XI on the park for two successive matches this season? I doubt it. No wonder we stumble around in the lower half of the table.

• Like 1

Gray released, frees up a VISA spot...

No brainer.....someone needs to get their head kicked in for contemplating using such a spot on the roster for a player who was squatting flies in the VPL. He is a CB but only played one game after impressing during a two bit tournament in Hawaii last year. I thought I read that he had impressed JA during that tournament and that is why he got signed. But then didn't JA say during the fan forum that it was not his decision to sign him and that he is not A-League standard?

Gray released, frees up a VISA spot...

No brainer.....someone needs to get their head kicked in for contemplating using such a spot on the roster for a player who was squatting flies in the VPL. He is a CB but only played one game after impressing during a two bit tournament in Hawaii last year. I thought I read that he had impressed JA during that tournament and that is why he got signed. But then didn't JA say during the fan forum that it was not his decision to sign him and that he is not A-League standard?

Hmm. Not quite what was reported at the time.

http://www.goal.com/...ol-mebrahtu-and

"I watched Steven up and close in Hawaii, where he played with our youth team in a tournament against some excellent opposition, and he played really well. He's a leader by nature and likes to coach on the pitch, which is really important to the the development of our young players and will be valuable to our squad mix this season."

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/a-league/from-green-to-gray-20120929-26slr.html

''I got a phone call last February from my agent, he said 'are you fit'. I said yeah, and he then said 'pack your bags, you are going to Hawaii for a week with Melbourne Heart'. I said 'are you winding me up', and he started laughing down the phone and said he was serious. I met up with the then youth team coach John Aloisi, and we played against two teams over there, Busan and Colorado Rapids. It was mostly Heart youth team players and a few other lads from the VPL like myself.

''At the end John said I had done well and said if he had his choice, he would bring me to the club. I liked him, his coaching and his honesty and manner, but when I went back I wasn't getting my hopes up. After all, he wasn't the first-team coach.

''Lo and behold, a few months later my agent rang and said 'have you seen the papers'. I said no, and then he tells me that John Aloisi is after getting the coaching job at Heart. My heart skipped a beat for a second and I thought there might be a hope here. In fairness to him, 72 hours later he got in contact with my agent, and said he wanted to get me down to train with the first team.''

Edited by jw1739