Melbourne Football

Victorian NPL & State Leagues

Ando

SL5 Semi Final result:

Dandenong South 1 - Eltham Redbacks 6

Eltham go through to play Keilor Wolves in the final next Saturday.

I didn't go to the game, had something else on, but in any case was ill so just veged at home.  From Redbacks facebook page:

It was a really great display tonight. The score doesn't reflect the quality of the match - Dandy South played well. They just had to face a 0-3 score at half-time (inc. own goal) and they changed things up which created some holes and Eltham managed to exploit them. Some really great players in that Dandenong team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Can confirm that city have signed 16 year old Steven Lechowicz to play in their NPL u20's side. Played 3 years with the national training centre (Vic state team) and also has experience from playing senior games with Pascoe Vale during pre season, was his local club before starting his NTC journey I'm pretty sure. Plays the role as a centre back

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Football Chaos paid a trip to Eltham on the weekend.

Here is the link to his vision:

Don't read further if you are worried about "spoilers"

Went down to the club watch that one.  Probably wasn't our best game, but 1 vs 2 and we won (though probably should have won more comfortably- for one thing the captain's red card- he'd count himself lucky not to get dropped for that I'd say).  Anyway makes us 13 points clear with 5 games to go.  

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 1

Not a bad standard if I may say so. For a moment you had me thinking that you were either the bloke who was sent off or the nippy centre-forward...

if only.

Yeah they are a good side to watch.

#9 abboud Dib has scored over 100 goals between the cup & league in these last 2 seasons. He's got serious pace and no one as this level can deal with him.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Sunshine George Cross to partner with Swindon Town

One of the most significant partnerships for an NPL Victoria has been announced with NPL2 side, Sunshine George Cross, declaring they’ve formed a partnership with English Football League One side Swindon Town.

This partnership with Swindon – a former team of Socceroo Massimo Luongo – was confirmed by Sunshine’s Technical Director, Sean Gale, who recently returned from his trip to England in which he met and negotiated with the club’s staff.

“Last October I set up a meeting them (Swindon) and another club while visiting the UK. I went down and met them around 10am and didn’t leave until around 2pm,” Gale told MFootball.

“Elements of coach education fallen onto certain setups, and how they structure their programs from their youth, and mirror elements throughout that program”.

Gale has said the support has been strong from players, coaches, supporters and members for the new partnership.

“The board have been receptive since I’ve come in because not everybody knows of the team; they’re not the highest profile team. It’s a team that goes through their youth development quickly.”

Gale also said the Swindon Town partnership is going to be a year-by-year process, but hopes it to be a long program.

“Long term, we want to open up a pathway where players here, we can give them a chance to trial over at Swindon Town. We want to build players for our senior team, if they have aspirations we want to build them into the A-League or overseas.”

Gale also said he wants to organise coaches and players in the off-season to spend some time over in England.

“We’re building a three year plan – maybe not this year – but maybe next year take over some coaches and players.

“I want to take over a development squad this year.”

http://www.mfootball.com.au/sunshine-george-cross-to-partner-with-swindon-town/

• 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I was told some shit went down at the souths vs visitors game. Anyone know what happened?

Look at my facebook timeline

But basically:  From what i heard, melbourne victory guys tried to steal south's banners. They got caught in the act and a fight broke out (4 guys against the whole terrace) and from then on i witnessed 50 odd victory guys jump the fences and across the field and there was just a massive brawl that went on for about 5 minutes which i didnt manage to record, only just when it finished and them (victory) legging it

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Every time these fuckwits do something like this it makes me more happy and proud to be a part of our club and supporter group. 

Club is rotten to the core. Will be interesting because I know how hard city come down on anyone who tries this nonsense, can almost guarantee that the tards won't be down hard enough on this and misbehaviour at the npl will become an issue

14 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Club is rotten to the core. Will be interesting because I know how hard city come down on anyone who tries this nonsense, can almost guarantee that the tards won't be down hard enough on this and misbehaviour at the npl will become an issue

As in club management coming down hard on this? 

5 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Makes sense given their CEO was in charge of a club during a time of systematic doping within it.  

Edited by Dylan

9 hours ago, Young Polak said:

Look at my facebook timeline

But basically:  From what i heard, melbourne victory guys tried to steal south's banners. They got caught in the act and a fight broke out (4 guys against the whole terrace) and from then on i witnessed 50 odd victory guys jump the fences and across the field and there was just a massive brawl that went on for about 5 minutes which i didnt manage to record, only just when it finished and them (victory) legging it

Just watched it. What a fucking shit club. Everything about it is shit.