Melbourne Football

One Melburnian At a Time!

Melburnian

Everyone with a twitter please tweet @robtraf (my dad) to get a membership! Myself and the onemelburnian twitter need a little more push. He his already set on buying a full year one next season but need the numbers now! Thanks in advance :D Even Scott Munn sent him a nudge!

Edited by heartrate

Is there any advertising that is around for use at a local level to build numbers? We could have people who would be willing to be contacted by people who would like to go to a match but dont know anyone - ie local membership officers.

I am willing do this and will try to put a notice up in the local shopping strip.

Is there any advertising that is around for use at a local level to build numbers? We could have people who would be willing to be contacted by people who would like to go to a match but dont know anyone - ie local membership officers.

I am willing do this and will try to put a notice up in the local shopping strip.

This is well needed and gives both a face and community engagement that heart is about. They're hopeful of getting numbers through the clinics, etc.

Did you know that the heart bus takes kids to excursions and the like?

Ideal if you're a local coach at a kids club, etc.

We can certainly drum up interest in this manner but the moment is building up that #OneMelburnian at a time.

This is well needed and gives both a face and community engagement that heart is about. They're hopeful of getting numbers through the clinics, etc.

Did you know that the heart bus takes kids to excursions and the like?

Ideal if you're a local coach at a kids club, etc.

We can certainly drum up interest in this manner but the moment is building up that #OneMelburnian at a time.

would be nice to have a Melbourne Heart tram ect floating around the CBD, or two dont know the costs but seems smart imo.

Also i have a chance to convert 3 or so maybe for guys to Heart for next season at the Sydney game, big biscuits, i will post it somewhere else but we need a BIG active support, i think alot of the Euro snobs ect might be surprised by the atmosphere that the Yarra create and how good it is to get involved, maybe something can be done to get teh second bay going when it is so busy at a big game like this?

I thought of this too. I'd be happy to drop a flyer in letter-boxes say a couple of weeks before next season, advertising the club and membership rates etc. It's not hard to do a few streets in your local suburb but needs a bit of organization.

All fans have a responsibility to create an atmosphere at our home games, not just a limited, designated area of the Yarra end.

Yside can lead, but everyone must follow.

I agree, i was meaning that it has been hard when i sit in the second bay with friends when half of it is sitting is all, if we can get the whole second bay standing and singing next to the main bay

Why dont you just stand in the main bay then?

i generally get to games late due to work and either travelling from Ballarat or Geelong last game i was standing in the bay next door upfront as the main bay was full when i arrived, the front couple of rows do get standing but after that less people get involved. i was just saying we should try and get as large and area active as possible with so many new fans experiencing a game for the first time when ADP is here.

Love the idea... Clubs like AFC Wimbeldon proved that this CAN work with dedication (even after the failed bastard millionaire owners packed up and went to Milton Keynes)...I wouldn't change anything about the proposal except for adding one requirement...

...ALL YARRASIDERS MUST WEAR COLOURS (CAPO TOO)...NO MORE OF THIS 'BUTTONED TO THE THROAT DESIGNER SHIRT SHIT! (THAT's WHAT IT IS...SHIT!! - DON"T CALL YOURSELF ANYTHING, IF YOU DON'T WEAR THE COLOURS THAT MAKE YOU A TRUE YARRASIDER!) Apart from that gripe, happy to work with anybody who sees the true merit in this idea.

• Like 1

Love the idea... Clubs like AFC Wimbeldon proved that this CAN work with dedication (even after the failed bastard millionaire owners packed up and went to Milton Keynes)...I wouldn't change anything about the proposal except for adding one requirement...

...ALL YARRASIDERS MUST WEAR COLOURS (CAPO TOO)...NO MORE OF THIS 'BUTTONED TO THE THROAT DESIGNER SHIRT SHIT! (THAT's WHAT IT IS...SHIT!! - DON"T CALL YOURSELF ANYTHING, IF YOU DON'T WEAR THE COLOURS THAT MAKE YOU A TRUE YARRASIDER!) Apart from that gripe, happy to work with anybody who sees the true merit in this idea.

....... Awaiting heated response from crew at Imp. Good luck. I suspect you may have poked the dragon.

Thank you and well done to everyone who took part in this campaign, it certainly made a difference number wise but more importantly i think brought our supporters together.

It must continue and we must take this culture of bringing one friend or family member to the club whenever we can. Always have to take the opportunities and keep our eyes and ears on alert for opportunities.

I maintain, we the fans can help make this club the biggest in the land. We have to keep pushing every day to get people along.

We will commence this with some other initiatives I have up my sleeve in the off season. Try and get existing members and new members signed up as quick as possible so we can embark on launching a bid to get 12,000 members for next year.

Start spreading this around within our fan base. Lets make a massive push

Again, thank you to everyone who took part and for those who helped me spread the message, Alex especially, thanks!

Cheers!

• Like 3

I picked up my 3 game flexi about an hour before kick off,because i was too cheap to pay the $10.00 for postage :lol:

Anyway my point is there was a huge box of membership envelopes for pick up,when i got to the tent.Well done to everyone involved in the one Melburnian at a time push.

The win made for a great day,because my old man came to his first HAL game ever and said he`d be back

One idea for memberships is to do what Fremantle have done with my membership and sent everybody their membership packs for the upcoming year with card and all, and then the card is activated once you pay online for it. It could be enough to tip a few people over the edge who are 50/50...especially with so many 3/5 game members.

Then perhaps there can be a bit more concentration on the people that haven't re-signed, such as personal calls from the players/staff to convince them.

• Like 3

Thank you and well done to everyone who took part in this campaign, it certainly made a difference number wise but more importantly i think brought our supporters together.

It must continue and we must take this culture of bringing one friend or family member to the club whenever we can. Always have to take the opportunities and keep our eyes and ears on alert for opportunities.

I maintain, we the fans can help make this club the biggest in the land. We have to keep pushing every day to get people along.

We will commence this with some other initiatives I have up my sleeve in the off season. Try and get existing members and new members signed up as quick as possible so we can embark on launching a bid to get 12,000 members for next year.

Start spreading this around within our fan base. Lets make a massive push

Again, thank you to everyone who took part and for those who helped me spread the message, Alex especially, thanks!

Cheers!

Thanks mate!.. Was great to have someone else with the exact same idea to amplify effectiveness. Job well done; Only the first few steps have been taken on this long (and fruitful) road.

Thank you all who have contributed and continue to feed the seed that has been planted in the future culture of the club.

• 2 weeks later...

A good friend of mine moved to Germany a year ago. She is visiting Melbourne this month. She will be at the Western Sydney game  :up: 

Of course, it helped that she was already a Heart fan haha. Incidentally, her next-door neighbour (in Australia) is marrying Adrian Leijer...

Have tried to get people down for Adelaide game, but this whole 7:30pm Monday night thing is a killer, will be bringing at least 2 more to Western Sydney though.

Incidentally, her next-door neighbour (in Australia) is marrying Adrian Leijer...

I knew there was something I didn't like about her!

Looking forward to Monday, but new people are only interested in my circle anyway, in WSW.

All credit to them, they have become that popular and their fans have a reputation as one some want to see aside from the game. No shame in saying their whole experience at Gosford was something I never thought I'd see in this country.

So anyway, yeah, hopefully finally my work mates are also attending that game.

Looking forward to Monday, but new people are only interested in my circle anyway, in WSW.All credit to them, they have become that popular and their fans have a reputation as one some want to see aside from the game. No shame in saying their whole experience at Gosford was something I never thought I'd see in this country.So anyway, yeah, hopefully finally my work mates are also attending that game.

Was great to see your whole crew at the pub without you pre Sydney home game. They are clearly hooked and great to see they no longer need the push! More of this!

Because of the stupid timeslot and weather forcast, we're probably gonna get 6000 to this game on Monday and everyone (non-Heart fans) will be complaining that Heart is not sustainable.

However having said that, the three game membership seems to have been a hit with most people choosing the last three home games to attend, ADP FC, AUFC and the NRMAIWSW FC so hopefully there'll be at least 7.5k there on Monday night.**

** Hopefully not many of the extra fans who were at the SFC game watched Heart's last round performance against the Nix.

Looking forward to Monday, but new people are only interested in my circle anyway, in WSW.All credit to them, they have become that popular and their fans have a reputation as one some want to see aside from the game. No shame in saying their whole experience at Gosford was something I never thought I'd see in this country.So anyway, yeah, hopefully finally my work mates are also attending that game.

Was great to see your whole crew at the pub without you pre Sydney home game. They are clearly hooked and great to see they no longer need the push! More of this!

Yeah they are hooked now. It helps they made friendships with others so they will go every week regardless.

This is what One Melburnian was all about. Bringing new people, but forming relationships and becoming passionate members.