Melbourne Football

One Melburnian At a Time!

Melburnian

Amazingly with all the bad press was able to sign up yet another new member yesterday.

Lets make a big push to get as many members as possible this week! Please get on twitter/Facebook/ call mates and just do!

Bring people to our home! Show them what we are all about!

And I suppose we can try turning a negative into a positive. If someone comments on the chair breaking, try to get them along to this week's game so they can see what it's really like.

Good work! Try to sign up as members.

I'm talking to more workmates today for he $55 membership. Last chance to do it as three games left.

I'm gonna push this hard this week, club needs members not walk ins. Members commit to the club. Walk ins most experienced on Saturday night! Not saying yours will be or anyone's, but we have to create a membership based culture!

There are 4 games left at home from what I can tell.

Have a long term #OneMelburnian plan for my younger cousins. Buying them Heart merch is the best place to start.. Did the same with my AFL team and they know the club song back to front. Once it is instilled into their brains they won't consider following other Visitor supporters in my family! So my point is focus on really young people around you, they are the future!

• Like 1

Have a long term #OneMelburnian plan for my younger cousins. Buying them Heart merch is the best place to start.. Did the same with my AFL team and they know the club song back to front. Once it is instilled into their brains they won't consider following other Visitor supporters in my family! So my point is focus on really young people around you, they are the future!

Definitely. It's one we can always do. Beauty of junior memberships is its cheap also and buying merch and player badges etc is awesome.

New more kids hear and toddler gear though. Will talk to club about this.

Great work!

Alex, you're right, 4 home games left!

Speaking of one Melburnian, who here has a membership number less than 1,000?

I'm a bit annoyed that my membership # is over 1,100 when I got my membership the very first day they were available AND even called up and picked my seat a few minutes after the seating plan was revealed.

Anyway, just felt like a rant! lol

I'm a bit annoyed that my membership # is over 1,100 when I got my membership the very first day they were available AND even called up and picked my seat a few minutes after the seating plan was revealed.

direct debit roll overs will be ahead of you mate, not a big issue tbh

Initial membership numbers were based on the pre-membership intent forms people sent in to the club. Me and a couple of members sent ours together and we got consecutive numbers, even though we bought our memberships at different times...

fwiw, pretty sure all the staff at the club are technically members too, and afaik Munt has a single digit foundation membership number.

direct debit roll overs will be ahead of you mate, not a big issue tbh

Escuse moi? Direct Debit roll overs?

I'm a foundation member and renewed the last two seasons...

Yeah my brother (now my wife...not that my brother is now my wife, I had my brother's m'ship transferred to my wife! lol) and I also got consecutive numbers...anyway, not really fussed, slightly annoyed it's not a higher number! hehe

I enter via GATE 7 so that makes me VERY happy :lol:

The first thousand or so probably went to staff, players, directors, sponsors...and the associates and hangers-on of same. Probably didn't bring any cash in either.

It's always been the same. There are officers and then there are the enlisted men...

Read 'Animal Farm.'

I'm member number 430...

I'm member number 430...

Bitch!!! lol

And you're on 99 posts - make the 100th count!! B)

• Like 1

Just wanted to give a mention to bt50 and his crew (who we had only met 20 mins prior) for putting in $5 each for my missus to get a membership for the One Melburnian cause.

Just hope we continue to perform the same as we did yesterday so I can complete the full YS conversion.

• Like 3

Just wanted to give a mention to bt50 and his crew (who we had only met 20 mins prior) for putting in $5 each for my missus to get a membership for the One Melburnian cause.

Just hope we continue to perform the same as we did yesterday so I can complete the full YS conversion.

That is brilliant.

Well done lads. Seriously great thing to hear!

ADP up next... Surely One Melburnian will be working hard for this one?

I even have some "soccer snobs" who are coming to this one because they want to see him play... Little do they know the seed has already been planted in their minds and this is me simply helping them along :)

• Like 2

Great time to push OneMelburnian. With a bigger than normal crowd is the perfect time. A win this weekend will definitely help.

This is the last chance for this push.

This. We NEEEEEED an away win! There's no reason why we can't go on a four-five game winning streak:

Rd20 - Perth (H) - Won

Rd21 - Newcastle (A) - Win

Rd22 - Sydney (H) - Win

Rd23 - WelNix (A) - Win

Rd24 - Adelaide (H) - Win

---------------------------------

Rd25 - Wanderers (H) - Draw or Win - expect a MASSIVE CROWD (if we win the above 4 games) for WSW's first vist

Rd26 - Brisbane (A) - Draw or Win

Rd27 - Mariners (A) - Draw at best

If we can get at least 14 points from the remaining 21 on offer I think would be a great achievement.

It's just a shame that being 11 points behind Adelaide in 4th, we most likely won't get a home final in Week 1!

Attended my first game on Saturday! Obviously pleased with the result, even more impressed with being able to drink proper-strength booze during the game (not the case in all sports grounds, I've discovered to my cost) and the constant, awesome chanting from Yarraside. Was a pleasure.

They used to have half strength drinks at AAMI before 5 or 6pm! Are they still on or has this finally gone?