Melbourne Football

One Melburnian At a Time!

Melburnian

TBH I like the idea mate but it looks bleak us having 15,000 members

Should have read 12,000 members mate, sorry late and I am tired. Even still, nothing is impossible. I have a few more ideas I will be doing in the off season to try and establish more support. For now, let's do this simple thing through each other.

• Like 1

Speaking to a Heart supporter at work today, well yesterday now, he asked about the game against Brisbane. He went on to comment that "there weren't many there", to which I replied "that was because you weren't".

He went on to add that he should get along to a game and I agreed.

Now to make it happen.

• Like 2

The only way to grow is through the fans. I don't mind rugby, but I don't go to rebels or storm games. They advertise. I know they exist, but I don't go. It's never been something I have considered and feel I'm lacking in my life. That's how a lot of football fans are. There us foundation fans that wanted something and went out looking for it, but for a lot of people have never had a club before and aren't lacking one locally even though they like the game.

The club can advertise as much as they want. A few people will come a long, but most won't make the effort. US fans have to drag people along. Show them what we have and make them have the same feelings and make them feel like they need to be part of the club. That's the only way we are going to grow long term. The club has to be introduced on a personal level. Only the fans can do that.

What happens when you want to go somewhere but no you don't know anyone to go with? You ask a mate,

Round one me and a friend decided this is it this season we went to really start going to melbourne heart games, after being on lookers for 2 seasons basically.

Then slowly but surely friends came along who would otherwise not go unless they had the support and company of their mates.

We stand at 15 members in the space of 4 months. I have been to all Melbourne games except Wellington

The sad thing is none of us are members nor anyone of us active participants.

I'm getting a membership next season definitely and most likely at the tent in the coming weeks.

I tend to lead the group as the organized one and am really happy we can sit in bay 18 now, and I hope this leads to, slowly but surely, becoming regulars in the active area!

Edited by InMyHeart

What happens when you want to go somewhere but no you don't know anyone to go with? You ask a mate,

Round one me and a friend decided this is it this season we went to really start going to melbourne heart games, after being on lookers for 2 seasons basically.

Then slowly but surely friends came along who would otherwise not go unless they had the support and company of their mates.

We stand at 15 members in the space of 4 months. I have been to all Melbourne games except Wellington

The sad thing is none of us are members nor anyone of us active participants.

I'm getting a membership next season definitely and most likely at the tent in the coming weeks.

I tend to lead the group as the organized one and am really happy we can sit in bay 18 now, and I hope this leads to, slowly but surely, becoming regulars in the active area!

I congratulate you on being able to bring so many new people to our club.

With memberships being so cheap it makes sense to take up the option as it is now cheaper than match day tickets.

You have made the first step, but I really encourage you to become a member and then have your mates follow through. This will build our club.

If you and your mates are around before the Adelaide game mate, would love to meet up! If you can get to the Imperial it would be great!

The Adelaide game I will be at the Imperial by 3pm. Create the buzz in the city that day. Will work on getting some more people to it today.

im an active member now and next season i have about 4-5 of my mates buying active memberships so ya i guess thats a start for next season :)

I gather concession members? $60 for the remainder of the season mate? Members this season, more likely members next season.

I am going to try and organise a member only event for the pre season too, so get members signe up!

Speaking to a Heart supporter at work today, well yesterday now, he asked about the game against Brisbane. He went on to comment that "there weren't many there", to which I replied "that was because you weren't".

He went on to add that he should get along to a game and I agreed.

Now to make it happen.

Easy, bring him to the Adelaide game. Shout him dinner before the game at the Imperial, did you know members get a discount on meals and drinks?

Introduce him to the other heart fans doing the same. He will come and come back again! Tell him he is better off spending $80 for the rest of the season than $25 for one game! Go membership tent and sign him up!!!!

Simple. :D

I'm not sure I can go to Adelaide game will the tent be available at the next Home game after Adelaide or even on feb 2?

Tent always available but your best bet is to ring the club on the number provided! Get on it mate! Whatever home game your coming to send me a message and we can meet up!

Always keen to meet Heart fans! Good stuff mate!

Really love the enthusiasm towards the club here. I have been and always will be looking to bring people to games. The club is on the rise guys, People power is the best way.

Enthusiasm and passion of our fans will make this club what we want it to be!

Can we crack 11,000 for the Adelaide game? Not impossible if we get behind it!

Edited by Melburnian

Really love the enthusiasm towards the club here. I have been and always will be looking to bring people to games. The club is on the rise guys, People power is the best way.

Enthusiasm and passion of our fans will make this club what we want it to be!

Can we crack 11,000 for the Adelaide game? Not impossible if we get behind it!

As you have mentioned 1 fan at a time every new member/supporter counts.

im an active member now and next season i have about 4-5 of my mates buying active memberships so ya i guess thats a start for next season :)

I gather concession members? $60 for the remainder of the season mate? Members this season, more likely members next season.

I am going to try and organise a member only event for the pre season too, so get members signe up!

well we all want active memberships so ya

Melburnian, gotta say, your passion and positivity is a huge relief from how dull and negative this forum was only a month ago. The board has a much more enthusiastic vibe already and a couple of wins on the trot helps.

Massive kudos.

• Like 1

Melburnian, gotta say, your passion and positivity is a huge relief from how dull and negative this forum was only a month ago. The board has a much more enthusiastic vibe already and a couple of wins on the trot helps.

Massive kudos.

I wanted the fans to show passion. Something was not right at the club. Look at the figures, it's not good enough.

So I wanted to stir things up and now, I want fans to take responsibility for their club. We can make this club the biggest in the land.

I with the help of others will try and reach every member to take part in the campaign, One Melburnian at a time. It is through us we will grow.

Keep an eye out for it, more importantly take part by bringing along someone to the club and trying to get them to be members, as well as alerting other Heart fans about this.

Time to stand up is now as fans of this club. More to come.

Thanks for the compliments but it isn't about me. It's about all Heart fans making a difference. Every single one of us needs to pull in the same direction and take part.

I won't rest till this club is achieving what it deserves. I hope I'm not alone. Really needs all of us to do this.

• Like 3