Melbourne Football

One Melburnian At a Time!

Melburnian

I don't wan't this thing to start kicking on until the current hierarchy at the club are sacked, wouldn't want to flatter their 2012/13 goals with all your hard work late in the season...

It's about the good of the club mate.

Not interested in their lack of work or my hard work, just want this club to succeed. We can't if there is no support.

The club is ours. So lets build it, whoever is employed or not!

• Like 2

I'll have one mate sign up as a member for sure, will be able to bring along another 2 to have a look.

Love everyones enthusiasm, its what we need.

Brilliant! Good stuff!

Melburnian, your initiative gets some publicity in 'Aloisi's Warm-Up', just out.

So I see. Just so you know I didn't organise that, but as long as it reaches all our members it's a good thing!

Need all of us to get behind this! Not my initiative btw, it's a fan initiative. Don't want credit or anything, just want our supporter base to grow!

9,000 by years end. Fire up!

Edited by Melburnian
  • Like 1

She'll come to about 2 or 3 a season, she isn't a massive fan of it though. Gives me an excuse to do something with the boys though so I don't mind.

Will buy her a 3 game membership nonetheless I reckon, will give it to her for her birthday... that'd go down well as a sole present

• Like 1

She'll come to about 2 or 3 a season, she isn't a massive fan of it though. Gives me an excuse to do something with the boys though so I don't mind.

Will buy her a 3 game membership nonetheless I reckon, will give it to her for her birthday... that'd go down well as a sole present

Whatever it takes. :D

Going to buy two for a neighbour and his boy. They tell me they like the sport but never come and I suspect it's financial etc.

Hopefully this free entry option for them will encourage them to come and then, get behind the club. At worst, I'm sure they will come to three games.

• Like 1

Wanted: 9,000 Members

Currently: 6,237 Members

Difference: 2,763 more Members

From what I can see on twitter today there would be a few updated to that total already. I will keep updating this as information comes to hand.

We need 1,400 Members out of over 6,000 to contribute to the #OneMelburnian campaign for this to be a success. Doesn't sound to hard does it.

If you are on twitter, please post the hash tag, congratulate people who say they have signed someone up and use the hash tag, and just promote this. From that total, I have found 4 members today, I see a few others have found a couple each. All we need is members to get on this hype and we will see the benefits!

Fire up and Thank you for putting up with my continual harrassment on this forum!

• Like 1

Fire up and Thank you for putting up with my continual harrassment on this forum!

Keep it up!

The enthusiasm is catching on.

It's addictive. If you're on twitter, mention it on Facebook or work. Never know who might be interested.

Surely our neighbours have see us going/coming to/from the games.

Keep it up!

The enthusiasm is catching on.

It's addictive. If you're on twitter, mention it on Facebook or work. Never know who might be interested.

Surely our neighbours have see us going/coming to/from the games.

Got a couple of work mates interested today when I rang to get my mates their memberships.

Going for the kill tomorrow. Lets hope for two more tomorrow!

From what I can see on twitter today there would be a few updated to that total already. I will keep updating this as information comes to hand.

We need 1,400 Members out of over 6,000 to contribute to the #OneMelburnian campaign for this to be a success. Doesn't sound to hard does it.

If you are on twitter, please post the hash tag, congratulate people who say they have signed someone up and use the hash tag, and just promote this. From that total, I have found 4 members today, I see a few others have found a couple each. All we need is members to get on this hype and we will see the benefits!

I really love the work your doing man, but doesn't this thread sort of symbolise everything thats wrong with this club? The fact that we as fans are being forced to have to garner members for this club, when most of us lead busy lives, seems a bit much considering that surely there is someone working at heart HQ who is payed to do this. What are they doing down there?

It symbolises what's great about the club - the passion and dedication of it's supporters. The club's doing it's thing too IMO (except they've been kinda shit on the pitch). But like people have said before, it takes personal relationships and the feeling of being part of a community to get people on board rather than just advertising and clever marketing. And we've got that feeling of community. That's what a great club should be about - building from the grassroots, it's people, which is all of us, not just some marketing or communications graduate earning $50,000 sitting in an office in Bundoora.

Edit: By the way, I'm sure everyone at the club can do more, and the marketing graduate has an important role too. But seeing how passionate we are about this should energise everyone at the club - from CEO and board members to players.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 1

I'm not being forced. I haven't been asked. I have not spoken to the club about this.

This is off my own thoughts. I think it shows the club has passionate fans that love the club. As I keep saying, we will be around long after the people employed will be at the club. We need to take responsibility as well as the club.

This is not just about bailing the club out, it's about changing the culture. We want to grow the Heart family and be unique. We will have to do that within.

I am not worried about what the people working at the club are doing. I have removed my thoughts from this, what I care about and only focus is, is to get this club to a position of strength.

I know Melbourne. I know this is achievable. But it need the belief of ALL our supporters. Change the mindset. Not what your club can do for you, but what you can do for your club :D

In all seriousness, it's about making an impact as fans.

• Like 1

I really love the work your doing man, but doesn't this thread sort of symbolise everything thats wrong with this club? The fact that we as fans are being forced to have to garner members for this club, when most of us lead busy lives, seems a bit much considering that surely there is someone working at heart HQ who is payed to do this. What are they doing down there?

I agree that the club isn't doing all it should be off field (or on for that matter), but any efforts they make would go to waste if there wasn't the passion or initiative shown in this thread, especially from Melburnian.

On that, great work. I hadn't signed up because of lack of funds at the start of the season, but this movement has persuaded me to get a membership again, even if it is getting towards the end of the season. I will also be dragging as many mates as possible to the Imp before the Adelaide game, hopefully meet a few other supporters and get them keen to sign up as well.

Again, well done!

• Like 1

I agree that the club isn't doing all it should be off field (or on for that matter), but any efforts they make would go to waste if there wasn't the passion or initiative shown in this thread, especially from Melburnian.

On that, great work. I hadn't signed up because of lack of funds at the start of the season, but this movement has persuaded me to get a membership again, even if it is getting towards the end of the season. I will also be dragging as many mates as possible to the Imp before the Adelaide game, hopefully meet a few other supporters and get them keen to sign up as well.

Again, well done!

To me, this is what it's all about.

Ill get in touch through PM and organise to meet you at The Imp before the Adelaide game mate! Always good meeting new Heart fans!

Great stuff :D

Edited by Melburnian
  • Like 1

Bringing my two mates, can't wait for the Adelaide game. One thing I would like Is that anybody is able to support the heart actively, instead of being stopped for not having an active supporter membership.

There's a GA bay right next to Yarraside. Sit there.

Do it anyway. Take part. Encourage others. The South end is all active. Spread that.

Well done on bringing two mates!