Melbourne Football

One Melburnian At a Time!

Melburnian

@OneMelburnian twitter page doing a great job. Over 100 followers in no time. If you're on twitter, follow it and keep it growing. Love all the effort going into this. Best group of fans going around. :)

He may have had some marketing experience this bloke!!!

The one thing that has stuck out is the passion of our supporter base. Whilst its only a small percent that has had exposure to the initiative, what a set of fans we do have. All passionate and want the club to succeed. Fantastic to see!

We have to remember this campaign was about growing the club, but also bringing our supporters together to create a unique culture. So far growth has been very positive, but the culture shift has been the most significant aspect.

We gotta keep going and not stop or rest. It's our initiative and one we want to succeed.

Well done to everyone so far and Thank you! Lets now take it up a gear!

• Like 1

A lot of us feel the club is not doing enough to encourage people to come to games (both on and off the pitch). Although we dont have control of what happens on the grass we can do something about the stands.

This is a fan lead initiative encouraging all existing heart members to invite someone new along to games and try to get them involved.

Edited by KSK_47

From the club newsletter .... well done to all involved!

"Social media has been alive this week with Melbourne Heart fans showing their support for the Red and White through the use of Twitter and Facebook to promote this week's game.

The Club's official hash tag for the match against Adelaide is #OwnTheExperience. We're encouraging everyone who experiences something that encapsulates what Heart is all about, whether it be from the stands, before the match, or a photo with the players post match, to tweet your experience.

We would like to also thank the fans for the fan-initiated campaign that has culminated in the #OneMelburnian hash tag, which has taken off with great success in the past fortnight in the social media sphere. We thank all the members who have stood behind this cause and attracted new fans and followers to this great Club!"

Good initiative to start this campaign as it seems the club don't see to fussed about our lack of members, it isn't too difficult to get at least 1 person signed up for next season. I already have 6 people who are definitely signing up next season if we keep working hard we should see a significant rise in memberships

Great success tbh. And again for the next home game?

Campaign has only just began. We will be doing this right through till end of season.

Next two weeks as we don't have home games, the focus will be on memberships and reaching a lot more people to know about #OneMelburnian.

The goal doesn't change, I aim high because nothing is impossible. 9,000 members. That is what we want but again I state, we need EVERY Heart fan to contribute to the cause.

This is the platform. Let's launch ourselves from here.

Edited by Melburnian

Good initiative to start this campaign as it seems the club don't see to fussed about our lack of members.

It is impossible if we just rely on the club. They have a limited voice.

Always more powerful and authentic when it comes from the fans themselves..

Edited by kontra.11

Bringing 2 more along tonight that are joining up as members.

#onemelburnian at a time

My mates loved it and will be signing up next season from the start and will be returning for the last two home games.

I tryed to explain that by signing up for the 3 game pass they`d save money. :rolleyes:

Good to hear! The new guys I brought loved it too! Signed up two more new members.

There was a line at the membership tent, bigger than I have seen before so hopefully a few more memberships done!

• Like 1

Well we have two away games do we not? So two weeks to heavily promote memberships and that's what the #OneMelburnian campaign will be pushing. Will also be asking for club to send out something only on this initiative to all members so they are aware.

There is a Facebook page, twitter page and the hashtag growing. In the process of getting a website up which will be basic but another avenue of getting people to know abouts the initiative.

A good display against WSW and a win against Victory and who knows what is capable.

So what I ask is just keep momentum going and keep talking up the club and get people to try out the membership. $55 for three games is great value and is one way getting people into the door to experience the club.

As I have said brought two new people to the club, both actually thanked me for introducing them to the club. They loved it. Bought memberships due to the value ($55 for three is better than $25 for one) and will be coming back!

You just never know who will enjoy the game. Keep building.

9,000 members lets give it a shake!

500 of our members this week bring one member and we will get to 7,000.

C'mon!

Great success tbh. And again for the next home game?

Thanks mage.

For absolute sure. Needs to be done at every opportunity. Keep bringing the same #OneMelburnian until they stick. If you're confident enough, bring multiple. People want to come but more often than not they can't find anyone to come WITH.