Melbourne Football

One Melburnian At a Time!

Melburnian

Normally I am not a fan of hashtags ouside of twitter but the hashtag on this banner actually makes sense because you know, it's promoting something that has twitter as it's primary vehicle.

Thanks for spelling it out. Thought it went without saying but seems like someone might have missed the point.

It was a chance to tell others who are on twitter and don't know about it along with those at home on their asses.

A chance to reach out to those not already reached.

• Like 1

Moving on, a massive personal thank you to everyone that's participated so far, and particularly the driving forces behind this - esp Melburnian. Alexiano too. To see fans themselves take on the responsibility to do something effective and constructive is amazing.

But enough pats on the back. This is just the beginning. Heaps more to do. Keep up the good work!

Moving on, a massive personal thank you to everyone that's participated so far, and particularly the driving forces behind this - esp Melburnian. Alexiano too. To see fans themselves take on the responsibility to do something effective and constructive is amazing.

But enough pats on the back. This is just the beginning. Heaps more to do. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the kind words but you are totally right. No patting on the back till we have achieved goals. I won't rest till we do.

Last night was positive but it was just the start. Thanks for everyone who participated but need to lift it up another gear!

I think we are only hitting around 4-10% of our fan base which I am now coming up with solutions to reach more. Twitter is covered just need to continue, need more or Facebook, ill have a website up this week, but need to hit all our members.

2,500 more members.

Increase crowd by around 3,000.

We have 6,500 members. We reach the majority of our members with this initiative we are a shot.

Went to one of my #OneMelburnians house today and he had 5 mates around all of who that watched the game as he and his brother came to the match. They will all be coming to the derby and will be getting memberships as they said it looked unreal on tv. My mates said they loved it so they are in! This is how it should work.

I'm as motivated as I was when I thought of the idea, moreso now probably. Hungry to see results.

Again I'm going to be annoying and plead for help from all our fans who read this. Spread the message! Thanks to all.

• Like 1

Shattered I missed Friday nights game due to work, however I've lined up one and a possible two more for the derby.

My question is if we head down to the Imperial pre game will we get seated in the active support area without any hassles?

All we want to do is chant the boys in red to a glorious win!

This might be a dumb question, but I've only just started joining in the active support area at Aami park, so for the derby match at etihad, do you need a membership to be seated in the cheersquad area, or do you buy seats online? How does it work?

Victory home game so need to buy tickets for this match. Also dont refer to yarraside as a "cheersquad " again please!

• Like 1

Lol my bad.

Don't fret! Just a bit of a no go which is understandable! You weren't to know!

Welcome

Cheers mate! Yeah no worries I'll keep that in mind.

So do you guys do anything for away games? Go watch it somewhere?

If you don't go to the game, The Imperial is our home mate.

Awesome. I'll be there for the wanderers game!

This might be a dumb question, but I've only just started joining in the active support area at Aami park, so for the derby match at etihad, do you need a membership to be seated in the cheersquad area, or do you buy seats online? How does it work?

For the first derby you had to buy seats online in the Heart Active area which was on one of the corners....I think it sold out pretty quickly though from memory.

For the first derby you had to buy seats online in the Heart Active area which was on one of the corners....I think it sold out pretty quickly though from memory.

we have 3 bays for etihad derby and there is plenty of seats left, i bought 5 just then and more than a whole bay is yet to be sold

we have 3 bays for etihad derby and there is plenty of seats left, i bought 5 just then and more than a whole bay is yet to be sold

A couple of questions, I am only 16 and planning to participate in my first March will i be allowed into the imperial? Also which are the 3 bays allocated to us for the derby?

haha, you calling me a flog. Ok,

I don't see a problem with it tbh. Could say some things right now but I don't want to hurt your feelings, nor is it the time or the place :up:

Stick to doing away trips that no one wants to do and thinking you're a superior supporter cos of it. Retrieve head from your ass.

Kutgw #onemelburnian chaps. Definitely making a noticeable difference.

A couple of questions, I am only 16 and planning to participate in my first March will i be allowed into the imperial? Also which are the 3 bays allocated to us for the derby?

i am actually in the same boat as you haha, 16 and first march

Ahem, back on One Melburnian talk, signing up another 6 members this week. Amazed on what has happened to be honest. Just through inviting people it has opened up so many more opportunities.

I have a massive crew now. Say hello at the Imperial to us, most on here know who I am.

maybe you could answer pigeons question first ;)

The Yarraside lads will answer question on march. Their domain I'm just a follower.

Refer to Matchday planning thread for all information on the derby match. Has bays in there and all that info! I'm going to look into getting tickets tomorrow!

haha, you calling me a flog. Ok,

I don't see a problem with it tbh. Could say some things right now but I don't want to hurt your feelings, nor is it the time or the place :up:

Stick to doing away trips that no one wants to do and thinking you're a superior supporter cos of it. Retrieve head from your ass.

Trips no one wants to do? Why do you keep saying this? I would go to every fucking game we play if I could afford it.

At least I have the balls to do an away trip when there isn't many of us. I don't need 50+ people so I can fulfill my fantasies of being a fucking proper well 'ard hooligan in my new jacket mummy bought me. Until you start running like usual, anyway.

Stop wanking off to comments from other flogs on facebook about how sharp you kids look, it means fuck all if you don't even want to go watch your team play, ffs. It just makes you a sheep who wants to feel a part of the scene when really you know fuck all. btw, how is following Celtic and being an anti-fa ultra working for you?

Don't tell me you can't afford it either. $150 and 30 hours of your time a weekend will get you to at least 6 trips a year, that's under 1k a year.

Anyway, let's stop filling this thread with shit. Why don't you come talk to me at the pub next weekend about any problems you have with me and see how far you get. Or are you all talk on the internet like you were when you said you'd be doing WS on Australia day earlier in the season?

• Like 2

Awesome. Think I might buy tickets tomorrow for the derby to make sure I dont miss out on sitting with u boys

And yeah I'll probs come for my first march too. Looking forward to it!

Melburnian your lads need to learn how to wave flags.

To be fair it was me that struggled lol one of the boys built like a brick you know what did a great job with that massive flag until losers told him to stop waving the flag and cause he was new he didn't want to cause any trouble! When I got back from getting another mate into the area he told me but the flag had moved on!

Like everything we will improve ;)

Edited by Melburnian

Those who dislike the flags should move - atmosphere sponges.

At least your mates enjoyed it!

That they certainly did! Proud of the newbies I brought who just gave their all first go at chants and didn't stop singing! Great effort by them!

Well done to you and the rest of Yarradise, make it easy to enjoy the night! Momentum is a funny thing. I can sense something building!

Just letting everyone know we grew 73 members in 4 days!

Great effort, as I said we need more but it's more a case of reaching all our members. Appreciate it if we can communicate it out to all members through us. Get out and talking to people you know is not on twitter but are members. The more we reach the more this will be a success!

Our member tally is now 6,478. 22 short of what I wanted by this point but certainly a great achievement!

• Like 1

I reckon, pending a good result against Victory and hopefully Grella's debut in the starting line-up against Perth on Feb the 9th - if marketed right in addition to the #OneMelburnian initiative - we could be looking at 10k easy! :)

will it actually be his debut?

I reckon - reports are saying he's not far away so if he makes his debut off the bench against Victory, then maybe he can start against Perth. Otherwise, an off the bench first appearance against Perth would still be enough to market as his "debut" and entice more fans to come along.

Great effort, as I said we need more but it's more a case of reaching all our members. Appreciate it if we can communicate it out to all members through us. Get out and talking to people you know is not on twitter but are members. The more we reach the more this will be a success!

Our member tally is now 6,478. 22 short of what I wanted by this point but certainly a great achievement!

Great to have you back Melburnian, thought we lost you forever.

• Like 1

Great to have you back Melburnian, thought we lost you forever.

You of all people should know that just because we are living overseas, doesn't mean we are ever away. Our love for the club doesn't diminish ;)

Great to be back and thank you. We will be in touch my man!

Jump on twitter for your chance to win a membership for a #OneMelburnian of your choice. If your trying to convince someone to come maybe having a membership to give to them may make the difference!

Follow @OneMelburnian and tell them who you are wanting to bring and why you should get the free membership!

This will be a 3 game Flexi membership!