Melbourne Football

One Melburnian At a Time!

Melburnian

I bring at least 4 people to every game and have introduced upwards of twenty people to the sport. I've bought 4 memberships across two seasons and I live 300km away.

Where's my love Melburnian? ;)

Lol sorry mate! Great stuff, plenty of love here for your efforts mate! If everyone had your determination we would be the biggest club in Asia! Brilliant!

9,000 members.

Over 11,000 for the Adelaide game.

C'mon!!!!

• Like 1

I bring at least 4 people to every game and have introduced upwards of twenty people to the sport. I've bought 4 memberships across two seasons and I live 300km away.

Lol sorry mate! Great stuff, plenty of love here for your efforts mate! If everyone had your determination we would be the biggest club in Asia! Brilliant!

9,000 members.

C'mon!!!!

Where can you see the member count mate?

9,000 members.

C'mon!!!!

Where can you see the member count mate?

I rely on the heart head hunter app which is updated spasmodically. Otherwise I wouldn't have a clue!

Wouldn't mind if Scotty Munn came to the imp b4 hand and chucked a grand on the bar ;)

Has done so more then once, as many Imp regulars would know.

Was there when they put money on the bar after our first win, went quick though ;)

Thats cause all the non-regulars got in on the action... ;)

Love this campaign, really getting a lot of positivity out there about our great club. I signed my brother up as a member at the start of the year, have only been able to get him down to a couple of games because of commitments but he is coming to the Adelaide game. Also introducing my cousin to his first football/Heart game against Adelaide. A good result against Sydney and then really hoping for a big crowd, 7000 bare minimum but hopefully 8000 or 9000!

Love this campaign, really getting a lot of positivity out there about our great club. I signed my brother up as a member at the start of the year, have only been able to get him down to a couple of games because of commitments but he is coming to the Adelaide game. Also introducing my cousin to his first football/Heart game against Adelaide. A good result against Sydney and then really hoping for a big crowd, 7000 bare minimum but hopefully 8000 or 9000!

Great work!

I honestly think we can break 11,000 in attendance. We have a week to build and so much has been done in two days!

This weekend working on something that I will hopefully have ready on Monday to help the campaign. Something to point anyone to for them to understand what's happening.

We need to keep promoting on twitter and Facebook, speak to family members and friends. Workmates as well. Whomever it doesn't matter. I signed up someone today that never heard of us. I showed him the reaction it had on twitter and he said sign me up! People wil follow us if we are passionate about something. People generally want to be a part of something special.

What is happening with our fans is something special! People will follow! Just get out there!

Remember #OneMelburnian

I don't think we have cracked 7,000 members before, we will do that by the Adelaide game I hope!

Then we really push!

Edited by Melburnian

Should bring 5, introduce 21, buy more memberships and live further away. No love for you

The important thing with this campaign is it not to be a "Kony 2012" thing that lasts a weekend. Need to keep it front of mind!!

Would love to get the staff at Imp all supporting/paying members. We support their business, hopefully they can return the favor.

Bringing 3 mates next week who have likened the idea of a 3 game membership but are sitting on the fence. Hopefully a great team and yside performance will tip them over the edge and sign up.

Edited by heartrate
  • Like 1

The important thing with this campaign is it not to be a "Kony 2012" thing that lasts a weekend. Need to keep it front of mind!!

Would love to get the staff at Imp all supporting/paying members. We support their business, hopefully they can return the favor.

Bringing 3 mates next week who have likened the idea of a 3 game membership but are sitting on the fence. Hopefully a great team and yside performance will tip them over the edge and sign up.

Exactly!

Very important the campaign doesn't get drowned out! Keep pushing all weekend, every new member you get or person you got coming to the game, let twitter know and don't forget the hashtag ;)

Three people? Nice! Introduce them and we will make them feel welcome :)

Well done!

Edited by Melburnian

Don't forget to use the HeartFan apps which in case you didn't already know is available on Android.

http://bit.ly/HeartFan

http://bit.ly/HeartFanAndroid

It allows you to share a game to summon interest to Twitter, Facebook or even just email.

If you haven't already got your parents on board, they're quick wins. If you like the game, chances are so will your parents.

I'm sure you're already talking Heart up at work so I'm sure a few people at work have considered it.

It's official. Marteaux Snr is a fully paid up Active Area Member in 2013.

Your doing good things chap! Well done!

Big push for this weekend guys! Go out and see friends, catch up for coffee and invite them to the Adelaide match.

As I said have a lunch with two mates today, who dislike sport, wouldn't know the first thing about it, but they will be signing up as members and coming to the Adelaide game. I won't stop pestering them until it happens. $55 is cheap as chips and a great introduction for them to understand the game.

I have signed up 6 people since #OneMelburnian has commenced, I am aiming for 15 in total to join up. I have asked people I am referring to get one person also. One guy is signing up his gf next week. This is how it was meant to work, by you bringing one person it was going to create a domino affect.

Melbourne has around 5 million people if I am correct. We want 0.18% of the population as members. C'mon this should not be a difficult task. Don't ever believe people don't want to be part of the club, you won't believe just who will join!

This weekend lets do two things.

A) try and reach every heart fan we know through whatever channel and tell them about the initiative

B) tell one new person about joining up and/or attending Adelaide.

Please, if you have twitter get on and just talk about it today and tomorrow and include the #OneMelburnian in your post.

Thanks guys, brilliant work so far!

trying to get a mate of mine in london who's never been to a game to sign up. only $60 for an international membership - not bad

Above and beyond. Thinking outside the square. I like it!!

he said that if he was ever in melbourne he'd follow heart as he's a gooner so naturally likes the red and white.

Whatever it takes! Every person helps!

Hearing some good stories and people signing up so many people. Makes you appreciate the passion of our fan base. Just needed a trigger.

Hopefully the app is updated by Monday and we can really get going with clear goals next week!

trying to get a mate of mine in london who's never been to a game to sign up. only $60 for an international membership - not bad

he said that if he was ever in melbourne he'd follow heart as he's a gooner so naturally likes the red and white.

what exactly is an international membership?

what exactly is an international membership?

Exactly that. From memory it allows you into a certain number of games but if you give a international address you become an international member.

I think it was $100 for a full years membership. I'm sure if you contact the club they can help you out more. Join up its easy to do :)

$60 for a full year melb IIRC, had a look at the brouchure.

it's more like a donation to the club and if you were in australia then you could get a few free games as well

Ah alright,this can be done online right?

You should be able to do it through the club website. Click on 'Memberships' which I think is on the left somewhere. It's fantastic to have your contribution. Absolutely fantastic!

And I bloody loved Cantona. Awesome photo.

Edited by Sash

sash summed it up mate, head over to our website and it should have the option there. it's $AU65

just looking at the brouchure:

- 2 free home games

- 1 free game within australia excluding derby

- membership card

- car sticker

- fixture fridge magnet

- 10% off selected merch

- 10% off tickets for heart friendlies

- entry to family day

- members only computer wallpaper (although i don't remember this ever happening?)

it's more like a donation to the club and if you were in australia then you could get a few free games as well

You should be able to do it through the club website. Click on 'Memberships' which I think is on the left somewhere. It's fantastic to have your contribution. Absolutely fantastic!

And I bloody loved Cantona. Awesome photo.

Thank you! It's hard supporting the club from abroad but I'll do everything I can!

Delighted to have you part of this mate!

#OneMelburnian all around the world! :D

Thanks :D I've been spreading the word about Heart all across Europe. Over 100 people now know that the A-League exists and Heart has the best fans! (and hopefully soon the best football) Hopefully I can join the Yarraside when I move to Melbourne for University :D
  • Like 2