Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

IMO Germano was just as poor as Thompson tonight.

but Kalmar deserved more.

I fail to see the obsession with Germano. I don't recall him making much impact at all this season. I think we can do better with a visa spot.

Apart from 2-3 games Thommo has not had a decent outing since Christmas 2011.

There are many issues to address, but when you're 'playing' with a malfunctioning midfield week after week it's bloody hard to win games.

Our away 'form' this season must be close to being the worst the League has ever seen. Nine defeats and the season's not over yet.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

WTF was that shit ... How the F can we lose to this shit Newcastle side ... Give me s break... Every single time we

Start believing this team just lets us down evey time .... F*#@ sick of it...

What's the point of finishing 5th or 6th it will be an away final JA whatever the F#@* you are doing its not working

INCONSISTENCY, INCONSISTENCY and more INCONSISTENCY....

What was with him snubbing the handshake from David Williams after dragging him, this guy has no leadership qualities whatsoever!

He doesn't shake anyone's hand when they come off, it wasn't a snub.

I want to know why we only concentrate on playing out from the back against Victory. We seem to hoof it a lot against all other teams, but very rarely when we play Victory (our best performances).

yes, Germano has been below par this year. but at his best, (last year) hes one of our better players.

He's been injured for a large part of the season, and when he's played, I wouldn't say he's been below par at all.

Nowhere near the quality he showed last year, but he's been solid for almost all of his matches this season.

What was with him snubbing the handshake from David Williams after dragging him, this guy has no leadership qualities whatsoever!

He doesn't shake anyone's hand when they come off, it wasn't a snub.

I want to know why we only concentrate on playing out from the back against Victory. We seem to hoof it a lot against all other teams, but very rarely when we play Victory (our best performances).

So true, its so bloody bizarre, to figure out the mentality of the player groups and staff would be impossible really. I just feel like the players are doing it alot on their own i reckon, JA isnt influential enough as a head coach ought to be. Thats probably the biggest problem at the club right now. The squad list is much better than the table would suggest.

Edited by United
  • Like 1

yes, Germano has been below par this year. but at his best, (last year) hes one of our better players.

He's been injured for a large part of the season, and when he's played, I wouldn't say he's been below par at all.

Nowhere near the quality he showed last year, but he's been solid for almost all of his matches this season.

when i say below par, i meant of the quality he set of himself.

last year he showed what he can do and has been below par after setting his own standard.

hes been solid, yes, but he has shown he can do better.

• 2 weeks later...

Hardly, the timidity the squad shows when we play away is disgraceful - who puts that in their head? The team is quite ok, but the coaching staff need to be accountable for these very cautious away games.

It's the fucking A-League, it's not as if we're playing Inter away at the San Siro for fucks sake.

• Like 2

I have had enough with Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (perhaps this theme could make a good banner for the next home match?). I don't think we need a sports psychologist to tell professional players how to put a foot on a ball and control play. Surely our A grade coaches can do this.

As Ando stated we are not playing in the hostile away environments of Europe or South America. And even if we were at some point someone would stand up and take responsibility.

Our away form has been shocking and watching us play away has been an absolute waste of time. If our intention is to travel away and not complete a pass, have a shot on goal or at least look as if we are having a go, then surely we should be told in advance so that we can go fishing or whatever else it is we would like to do, rather than watch 11 blokes run around without at least looking like they have a clue as why they are there or what they are supposed to be doing.

The players have shown they have the quality. We can win at home. JA must get us winning away.

• Like 1

I have had enough with Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (perhaps this theme could make a good banner for the next home match?). I don't think we need a sports psychologist to tell professional players how to put a foot on a ball and control play. Surely our A grade coaches can do this.

As Ando stated we are not playing in the hostile away environments of Europe or South America. And even if we were at some point someone would stand up and take responsibility.

Our away form has been shocking and watching us play away has been an absolute waste of time. If our intention is to travel away and not complete a pass, have a shot on goal or at least look as if we are having a go, then surely we should be told in advance so that we can go fishing or whatever else it is we would like to do, rather than watch 11 blokes run around without at least looking like they have a clue as why they are there or what they are supposed to be doing.

The players have shown they have the quality. We can win at home. JA must get us winning away.

'Dunedin Disgrace'

and across the border Ante Milicic keeps showing how inept the management of Heart were to not appoint him!!

Twats!

I'm not sure about that TBH. We know JvS had difficulties with Colosimo on Colosimo's own admission, and I'm not sure Ante Milicic would have been able to control certain senior players any better than JA has.

Not making excuses at all, but a deliberate decision was made to start the season with the minimum squad to leave room for signings along the way. Two of our signings - Gray and Macallister - were perplexing right from the start. Injuries were such that at times we were barely able to field a squad. We declined to sign injury replacements and then with transfers we have had to promote from the youth squad - so much so that Jezza Walker now seems to have a permanent hold on the RB position.

IMO too much faith was placed in Grella as being our saviour, and that didn't work out. We didn't seem able to sign anyone to fill the spots we left. The flirtations with Beckham and Neill both misfired. We signed Edwards for six months but that doesn't seem to have worked either. Meeuwis has very good pedigree, but we seem reluctant to start him (why sign him in the first place then?).

JA's game plan is OK, but the players can't or won't keep to it, especially in the second half of matches. Our record at home papers over the fact that we have not put anyone to the sword (and I mean 4-0 or 5-0).

The mentality of the squad seems to me to try to do just enough and that's it. The Sydney game exemplified it for me. 2-0 up at half-time and going well. Come out for the second half and play like a different team. Go 3-0 up against 10 men and then fail to score for the rest of the match. When we should have carved them up 5-1 or 6-1. Away from home I reckon the squad lowers the expectations of itself, and, guess what, the expectations are reflected in a narrow loss.

JA has made mistakes in selection and bench management. Agreed. But overall I reckon he just does not have the squad putting in enough for him - not enough players such as Aziz and Walker tearing their guts out for him, the shirt and the fans.

Wholesale clearout required at the end of the season.

I don't want to hear anymore fucking excuses.

The reality is we are nowhere near good enough to be in the top 6 and I want all Heart supporters and especially the Yarraside boys to let the club no that this season has been NO WAY GOOD ENOUGH...

During the week I heard all the talk but once again we couldnt deliver ... How is it possible that in 10 attempts we still can't win an away game...

How much more easier did this game have to be

No Coach, a rookie stand in, the bottom team, against 10men for the last 10min.. come on ... Is this a Fucking Joke ....

MELBOURNE HEART WAKE UP...

Not claiming aim the only one that had this opinion, but here's a post of mine from 13 months ago...

Really wonder what Ante could have done with the current squad, and what sort of state WS would be in without him.

What I am hoping for is:

Head Coach: Ante Milicic

Assistants: Authur Papas, John Aloisi

Youth Team: Josip Skoko

This will give us one of the greatest possible combinations going forward into the future.

Milicic - The only one in the group with a FIFA Pro licence, has done a 2 year apprenticeship under JVS, after wining the NSWPL Premiership. He is a demanding figure and is sure to carry on the current direction/philosophy which has been laid out.

Papas - An absolute tactical genius, fantastic footballing brain, an encyclopedia of Victorian and Ausralian football and a fantastic eye for young tallent.

Aloisi - He's done big things with the youth team in its 1st season as well as assisting the seniors, he can also work with the strikers.

Skoko - Currently heading the MHFC Developmental Squad, finishing his managerial qualifications, needs no introduction, a natural leader.

• Like 1