Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I realise that. However, IMO in cases like this - and I'm sure that there would be others - where serious injury results, then the rules should allow a review of the punishment. We've lost our marquee striker, from a crude and illegal tackle from a player in a pub team, and there's no sanction? That's bloody crazy.

Totally agree. Disgusting actually. 

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

People realise that ligament and bone can heal at the same time right?

Its prob 6-8 with another couple weeks to get 'conditioned' 

They can but as ligament tears scar they contract. This increases the chance of further injury as ligaments are inelastic anyway, compounded by a reduction in range of movement across that joint. It's difficult to effectively stretch ligaments when fractures also may need to be immobilised or when movement to stretch the ligament causes pain

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

They can but as ligament tears scar they contract. This increases the chance of further injury, compounded by a reduction in range of movement across that joint. It's difficult to effectively stretch ligaments when fractures also may need to be immobilised or when movement to stretch the ligament causes pain

IMO the point is that we don't know the extent of either the bone damage or the ligament damage. Or any other damage.  So we only speculating.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

IMO the point is that we don't know the extent of either the bone damage or the ligament damage. Or any other damage.  So we only speculating.

Yes, of course. I was just highlighting the difficulties in rehab of a combined injury, not speculating on this specific injury

10 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Well as far as I can work out every significant injury at this club has st least got to the forecast and 95% of them have run (well) over.

If the blokes on the bench at the Christmas Derby I'll be happy 

I have to agree with this.

1 hour ago, Afif Adam said:

Can we now offer a contract to that 2nd rung striker, you know ... what's his name ... Zlatan something? Not as good as Fornaroli but may be handy until he returns. 

Edited by 3 Points
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fornaroli targets December return for Melbourne City

Oct 6, 2017

Aidan Ormond

Melbourne City FC's star striker Bruno Fornaroli has revealed he's targeting a December 10 return to the Hyundai A-League. 

Speaking with Fox Sports prior to Friday night's season opener against Brisbane Roar at AAMI Park, the injured Uruguayan talisman said it was tough mentally to come to terms with being injured. 

The attacker was injured in a Westfield FFA Cup tie in late August after he fractured his ankle in City's 3-2 win over Hakoah Sydney City East. 

But Fornaroli has a date in mind for his much awaited comeback.  

"I've a target in my mind of the match against Central Coast Mariners on December 10 [for a comeback]," he told Fox Sports. 

City have since signed Scottish goal machine Ross McCormack as Fornaroli's injury replacement.

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/fornaroli-targets-december-return-melbourne-city

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haz said:

So what happens if Ross had 10 goals by November and Bruno is ready to come back? Will the club delay Bruno's comeback then?

It gives me the shits the season long guest player spothas gone and it would be a waste in one sense in activate it mid Nov (as per your hyperthetical).

That said we are able to get 14 games in after Bruno "comes back".

For which if McCormick has been that fucking good CFG could easily set up a deal in the meantime to buy McCormick from Villa and get him to us after the 14 games via some cheap front end long guest deal / off to New York short term if need be

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going to be interesting. McCormack can't stay - as a player - once Bruno is declared match fit unless another visa player is released. IMO Bruno is (or was) better than Ross in open play, but Ross is pretty bloody reliable with the free-kicks and penalties. The question is whether Bruno's overall play will have been impacted by a serious injury - correct me if I'm wrong  but I don't think he's been seriously injured before?

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Going to be interesting. McCormack can't stay - as a player - once Bruno is declared match fit unless another visa player is released. IMO Bruno is (or was) better than Ross in open play, but Ross is pretty bloody reliable with the free-kicks and penalties. The question is whether Bruno's overall play will have been impacted by a serious injury - correct me if I'm wrong  but I don't think he's been seriously injured before?

So from Transfermarkt, his injury is a 'Malleolar Fracture'

Also from Transfermarkt he missed 5 games with a ' Strained Abdominal Muscle' in 2013

https://www.transfermarkt.com/bruno-fornaroli/verletzungen/spieler/72651

So no, he has not had a long term injury before. And I would burn CFA Bundoora if they got rid of Bruno to make room for McCormack.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, haz said:

So no, he has not had a long term injury before. And I would burn CFA Bundoora if they got rid of Bruno to make room for McCormack.

I dont think thats even a remote chance of happening. Still, i really hope we can find a way to keep the boss.

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I dont think thats even a remote chance of happening. Still, i really hope we can find a way to keep the boss.

Agree with both points. But stranger things have happend

If Ross is about to leave as Top Goal Scorer, will FFA accept him as a Guest Marquee (if it is even still a thing?). Or get rid of Budzik, but I would prefer a #10 to feed the forwards.

What I would be worried about is a situation where Ross and Bruno just do not work together on the field, I dont think either would want to sit on the bench and I dont think us supporters want a VISA on the bench

Edited by haz

12 minutes ago, haz said:

Agree with both points. But stranger things have happend

If Ross is about to leave as Top Goal Scorer, will FFA accept him as a Guest Marquee (if it is even still a thing?). Or get rid of Budzik, but I would prefer a #10 to feed the forwards.

What I would be worried about is a situation where Ross and Bruno just do not work together on the field, I dont think either would want to sit on the bench and I dont think us supporters want a VISA on the bench

Doubt it with the guest marquee as i dont reckon he's bringing numbers through the gate so doesnt meet the criteria. Best chance is either to replace Bud, or to replace Brandan under the cap on a renegotiated deal.

I get the thing with Bruno, but tbh i think Bruno is flexible enough to play as a 10, a winger, a target man or a out and out striker so i think it'd work just fine. You never know though until you see it i guess.

5 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I get the thing with Bruno, but tbh i think Bruno is flexible enough to play as a 10, a winger, a target man or a out and out striker so i think it'd work just fine. You never know though until you see it i guess.

I still have wet dreams about the Holy Trinity...... hopefully it is reincarnated as Bruno, Ross and Fernando

1 hour ago, haz said:

So from Transfermarkt, his injury is a 'Malleolar Fracture'

Also from Transfermarkt he missed 5 games with a ' Strained Abdominal Muscle' in 2013

https://www.transfermarkt.com/bruno-fornaroli/verletzungen/spieler/72651

:up:

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

I actually think Fornaroli would be a Wazza type player anyway, the same with Brandan. They both dont shy away from defensive duties, and both have that bit of mongrel in them. 

I mostly agree, but I can't see Wazza being a fan of their theatrics and at times whinging.

• jw1739 locked this topic