Melbourne Football

Jeremy Walker

Murfy1

Gave Weilart a passing option down the right and we built a lot of attacks down that side, shame Paddy bombed it long whenever he had the option to pass it to a full back.

Not his best performance, but not too bad considering he hasn't played in a competetive fixture for over a month and Broich was his direct opponent most of the game.

• Like 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Hoffman > walker.

So many Walker stans it's unbelievable.

It’s not like your favourite Full Back has been setting the world on fire since his return from Turkey.

But Phil Petreski never went to Turkey!?!  :unsure:

The point is that we hardly have a Socceroo playing at Left Back do we?

Edited by cadete

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Hoffman > walker.

So many Walker stans it's unbelievable.

It’s not like your favourite Full Back has been setting the world on fire since his return from Turkey.

But Phil Petreski never went to Turkey!?!  :unsure:

The point is that we hardly have a Socceroo playing at Left Back do we?

I think he has played well, really don't see how anyone can fault him when you can see he tries his hardest every game and does quite well. You really think we could have a better Australian left back? Because there aren't many going around.

Other thing is, if we had a good set piece taker, behich would be our most important player with the amount of set pieces he wins.

Walker in the Heart of play 

By CAMERON WHITELEY

Nov. 7, 2013

FORMER Ulverstone soccer star Jeremy Walker is confident of holding down his spot in the Melbourne Heart line-up after playing his first game of the season last week.

Walker made his debut for the club last season after impressing in the youth side, and eventually played 13 games with the first team.

The 20-year-old, who plays at right back, was matched up against the likes of star striker Thomas Broich in last weekend's 3-0 loss to Brisbane Roar.

Walker said despite a start to the season which has yielded just two losses and two draws from the opening four games, there were positives. ``Result-wise, we weren't too happy, but we felt as a team we put together a good performance,'' he told The Advocate after training yesterday.

``I think we have put together three out of four really good performances, but just didn't come away with a victory.

``From an outsider's perspective it looks like we've had a bad start, but we're confident in the way we're going.''

Walker said he was full of confidence in his own game and relished playing against the A-League's best.

``I love playing against a player that has a big name, I really thrive upon having that challenge,'' he said.

``Last year I was never content with just playing one or two games, and I'm always out to prove myself and do as much as I can for the team.

``It's no different this time around, and I hope to be keeping my spot, and at the moment I'm confident I can do that in my position.''

Walker said he was thrilled to be learning from being alongside stars such as Harry Kewell, who signed with the Heart in the off-season.

Walker, who is doing a university degree in exercise and sports science, said he was enjoying the lifestyle in Melbourne.

The Heart plays at home against the Western Sydney Wanderers tonight, with the announcement on the final line-up to be made a few hours before kick-off.

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/1894787/walker-in-the-heart-of-play/?cs=88

Edited by Murfy1

Walker in the Heart of play 

By CAMERON WHITELEY

Nov. 7, 2013

FORMER Ulverstone soccer star Jeremy Walker is confident of holding down his spot in the Melbourne Heart line-up after playing his first game of the season last week.

Walker made his debut for the club last season after impressing in the youth side, and eventually played 13 games with the first team.

The 20-year-old, who plays at right back, was matched up against the likes of star striker Thomas Broich in last weekend's 3-0 loss to Brisbane Roar.

Walker said despite a start to the season which has yielded just two losses and two draws from the opening four games, there were positives. ``Result-wise, we weren't too happy, but we felt as a team we put together a good performance,'' he told The Advocate after training yesterday.

``I think we have put together three out of four really good performances, but just didn't come away with a victory.

``From an outsider's perspective it looks like we've had a bad start, but we're confident in the way we're going.''

Walker said he was full of confidence in his own game and relished playing against the A-League's best.

``I love playing against a player that has a big name, I really thrive upon having that challenge,'' he said.

``Last year I was never content with just playing one or two games, and I'm always out to prove myself and do as much as I can for the team.

``It's no different this time around, and I hope to be keeping my spot, and at the moment I'm confident I can do that in my position.''

Walker said he was thrilled to be learning from being alongside stars such as Harry Kewell, who signed with the Heart in the off-season.

Walker, who is doing a university degree in exercise and sports science, said he was enjoying the lifestyle in Melbourne.

The Heart plays at home against the Western Sydney Wanderers tonight, with the announcement on the final line-up to be made a few hours before kick-off.

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/1894787/walker-in-the-heart-of-play/?cs=88

Bloody puns

I felt bad for him, he lost 80% of every ball and his passing was horrible. A part of it has to do with him being dropped pre season after the great season he had last year... JA for me ruined his confidence. Lets hope he picks up his game in time, before Hoff gets fit.

That's all it is....... Lack of confidence

Again he showed he isn't even half the player of Hoffman. Though he may be good enough to be our first choice NYL RB, but he will have to work hard. He should definitely not even think about playing in the a-league again for at least a couple of years.

Edited by Tesla

Again he showed he isn't even half the player of Hoffman. Though he may be good enough to be our first choice NYL RB, but he will have to work hard. He should definitely not even think about playing in the a-league again for at least a couple of years.

you gotta be joking

he offered far more to us going forward than Hoff ever does

he cut out how many through balls, cleared how many

you gotta be joking

Agree, he gives us good width going forward, better than Hoffman. It's rather academic though because even when we attacked with width against WSW there just weren't enough bodies in the front third to make anything from the opportunity.

If Jezza is not as effective as he was last season IMO it's because he hasn't got a regular RW to work with. Last season he had a good relationship with Garcia. This year he gets a mixture of whoever is available - Golgol, Williams, Dugandzic. What I see is that he's trying to get his winger going forward, but when the winger fails to read him he has to turn inside and the potential attack more often than not fails. IMO Behich and Ramsay have a good understanding and it's getting better all the time.

Again we come back to coaching to get the best out of the players.

• Like 1

you gotta be joking

:clap:

• 2 weeks later...