Melbourne Football

Brazil 2014 WCQ

Hendo

Pla

Are we playing any good? Can't get near a t.v atm but can see the scores 3 all

Played a great first half, then all went to shit in the 2nd. Ryan cemented as no.1 keeper, we look shit at the back when Good went off as well. Not sold by Davidson and Franjic as fullbacks. 

• Like 2

Firstly I blame the poor back pass that cost us that goal. Secondly langerak is a good keeper, second keeper for borrusia Dortmund.

Langerak is a good keeper, made a shocking decision, but Matty Ryan is first choice for his club, I'd rather take the keeper who's getting game time.

• Like 1

Watching it again, I feel our formation was poor, playing a 4.4.1 when down to 10 men. Allowed their wingers to press our left and right back and outnumber them, which is where majority of goals came. After the second goal at the latest we should have changed to a 4.3.1.1 with the two defensive mids being their to support the wing fullbacks, thereby forcing Ecuador to play the centre corridor. This would also force them to change their formation due to us having an extra man further up the pitch instead of a lone striker. We had quite a bit a play up our wings at times but lacked any players in the centre of the pitch, this is where our extra player playing behind the striker would come into play.

Ryan > Galekovic > Federici > Langerak. Jones has never been a #1 keeper in his career. Langerak on the same path to perennial bench warmer stardom. Galekovic excelled in east Asian tournament, deserves a spot on the plane to Rio more than the rest.

Edited by mus-28
  • Like 3

from FourFourTwo Forums:

This probably sounds stupid, but i think Nathan Coes Chances went up a bit after todays game. Distribution from the back and teh ability is very, very important under Ange s system. I think that Coe might be a chance as 3rd choice keeper. HIs footwork is the best of all the options.

wowee, I wouldn't rate Coe in my top 15 Australian keepers. The guy is fucking horrible and is still living off the fact was at Inter and PSV in his younger days. 

Distribution from the back? He would have to be one of the worst at taking too long on the ball and being closed down by opposition strikers. 

I'm more concerned with anges ability to adapt and change things during games, something that's vital at international level. It's all very well when you have time at a club to instil your coaching idea, another things when you have players that don't get to play much together going against some of the best coaching tacticians in the world. Perfect example this morning against Ecuador of ange not tweaking our system to get the most out of the situation. #vanschipfornationalcoach

I'm more concerned with anges ability to adapt and change things during games, something that's vital at international level. It's all very well when you have time at a club to instil your coaching idea, another things when you have players that don't get to play much together going against some of the best coaching tacticians in the world. Perfect example this morning against Ecuador of ange not tweaking our system to get the most out of the situation. #vanschipfornationalcoach

Yep JVS certainly showed ange up a few timesin the HAL. Ange is going to have to learn quick 

from FourFourTwo Forums:

This probably sounds stupid, but i think Nathan Coes Chances went up a bit after todays game. Distribution from the back and teh ability is very, very important under Ange s system. I think that Coe might be a chance as 3rd choice keeper. HIs footwork is the best of all the options.

wowee, I wouldn't rate Coe in my top 15 Australian keepers. The guy is fucking horrible and is still living off the fact was at Inter and PSV in his younger days.

Distribution from the back? He would have to be one of the worst at taking too long on the ball and being closed down by opposition strikers.

442. FMD. By far the worst forum I've ever read.

• Like 1

Did anyone liked the way leckie played from that match? I want him replaced

Yeah, wasn't too flash at all. I've always thought highly of Rukavystya so I'm surprised he hasn't been given more of a go. 

Locally though, gotta give big wraps to Ognenovski... he's basically done the same thing as Neill by coming back to Sydney FC as an older, experienced national team defender with the key difference being the big Og is actually performing and giving himself a great chance for the World Cup, I wouldn't mind seeing him start alongside Spiranovic in the next friendly to be honest (if Kisnorbo isn't named of course, but that's a bit of a long-shot).