Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

The club tried to sell as The Maltese Messi as an International Goal Scoring Machine who would bring in the fans... I know which one I consider as a worse chapter of Heart History.

He was a goal scoring machine when he played in the NPL

Germano is unbeaten in goal

Edited by Tonyboozeadams

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Won't be surprised if we seem him back in Australia soon. 

I tend to disagree,

If he can stay fit then he can make a lot more money in Europe even if it's playing Second Tier Football plus remember he's still quite young for a Centre Half.

Will probably be one of those guys like mass Luongo who came thru a premier league academy, was good but not quite PL standard. Will need to drop back to league one or championship level and develop his game forward from there once he is done at Newcastle. 

Will probably be one of those guys like mass Luongo who came thru a premier league academy, was good but not quite PL standard. Will need to drop back to league one or championship level and develop his game forward from there once he is done at Newcastle. 

I see him as a Championship player as long as injuries stay away and the Championship these days pays a lot better than what a CB would receive in the A-League.

^^ and looking to play for free. Any salary will go to charity apparently. 

The article I saw alluded to some not so positive things about Melbourne City. Who knows what was meant by it though. 

Can you post a link to the article. Interested to see what was said

H

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=103832

the article was either amended for their own fun by the OP in that thread or the paper updated it to take out the potentially negative language since. 

A link is available in that article of the current content.

edided by fucktarded tard fan, fellow fucktarded tard fans quote post, create mega fucktarded tard quote pyramid. Just another day on 442, hence why the post numbers have died off massively.

I'm sure you could slash the amount of posts on that forum if you took away all the tard supporters +1 posts in every thread about another club that one of their brethren has made a witty remark about crowds or propping up the league.

• Like 2

edided by fucktarded tard fan, fellow fucktarded tard fans quote post, create mega fucktarded tard quote pyramid. Just another day on 442, hence why the post numbers have died off massively.

I'm sure you could slash the amount of posts on that forum if you took away all the tard supporters +1 posts in every thread about another club that one of their brethren has made a witty remark about crowds or propping up the league.

FFT is a mess. You'll find a fairer bias on the Victory forums

Won't be surprised if we seem him back in Australia soon. 

Don't think so, European passport and already in Ange's thoughts.

What's he going to come back for? $100k a year, of which $70k will be left after tax, barely enough to rent a unit in Melton. Or is it the 27 game season, of which he'll see about 5 games after injury, and offers the exciting prospect of travelling to the cosmopolitan metropolis of Gosford to showcase his talents in front of inflatable sauce bottles?

• Like 2

It's not as if they could afford to pay him much anyway. Many of the clubs in the League of Ireland (Airtricity League) are in dire financial strife and several have gone out of existence in recent years.

Semi relevant UEFA Cup competitor a decade ago?

Celtic drew with Barca at the Nou Camp and Milan at Celtic Park in Champions League in the 2004-2005 Season and didn't make to the next stage because they were in a Group with Milan and Barca. Then they drew with Inter in the 2005-2006 Season to make the round of Sixteen in the Champions League.

What were FYROM clubs doing at this time... or what are they doing currently with all their superior Balkan Genetics?

Edited by cadete

Celtic drew with Barca at the Nou Camp and Milan at Celtic Park in Champions League in the 2004-2005 Season and didn't make to the next stage because they were in a Group with Milan and Barca. Then they drew with Inter in the 2005-2006 Season to make the round of Sixteen in the Champions League.

What were FYROM clubs doing at this time... or what are they doing currently with all their superior Balkan Genetics?

image.jpg

Selling players to Ligue 1, Jupiter League, Bundesliga, Eredivise, Serie A, and a couple youngsters that play for Arsenal youth and Real Madrid youth.  And a Barca B player.  Not bad for a third world country. Takes more than talent though.

Selling players to Ligue 1, Jupiter League, Bundesliga, Eredivise, Serie A, and a couple youngsters that play for Arsenal youth and Real Madrid youth.  And a Barca B player.  Not bad for a third world country. Takes more than talent though.

FWIW the club labelled as a "Semi Relevant UEFA Cup Competitor ten years ago who plays against NPL teams" in Celtic by Telsa has made just as many and many more well known sales than those mentioned in the past ten years or even five years.

Also I did a bit of research and noticed that no FYROM club was even remotely successful in the Old Yugoslavian League let alone the Champions League since the Maco League itself was formed and they have been awarded a chance to compete at this level.

This then leads me to the conclusion that perhaps the greatest achievement by a Maco club against Non-Maco Clubs was probably the 2002 VPL championship (Now the equivalent of the Victorian NPL Championship) won by Preston. In 2002 Celtic lost narrowly to the next Season's European Champions in Porto in the UEFA Cup Final which obviously pales in insignificance to the club's greatest non domestic achievement of being the first UK based side to win a European Cup in 1967.

NOTE: I will concede that the VPL in 2002 was of better standard than the current Victorian NPL however as was the Scottish League around 1967 considering Celtic also lost the 1970 European Cup Final, Dundee made the semi's of the European Cup in 1963 and Rangers won the European Cup Winners Cup in 1971.

Tesla's Superior Balkan Genetics Theory is really starting to look a bit thin in my eyes after showing so much promise.

Edited by cadete

Your research is false.

Vardar Skopje were Champions of the old Yugo league, but as was the case in those times, if a Serb or Cro side didn't win it, the powers that be had a problem with it, and the club were stripped of their title, yet they still competed in the EUFA League. 

The Serb/Cro alliance extended to the NT where the European Golden Boot Winner Pancev sat on the bench at the World Cup 1990 opening, scored twice in the next game, and promptly put on the bench again for the third.

That 2002 Celtic squad had 43 players of which 11 were Scots. 

Your research is false.

Vardar Skopje were Champions of the old Yugo league, but as was the case in those times, if a Serb or Cro side didn't win it, the powers that be had a problem with it, and the club were stripped of their title, yet they still competed in the EUFA League. 

The Serb/Cro alliance extended to the NT where the European Golden Boot Winner Pancev sat on the bench at the World Cup 1990 opening, scored twice in the next game, and promptly put on the bench again for the third.

LOL - Celtic are a Irish Club not a Scottish Club just like Preston are a Maco Club and not a Aussie Club.

This is how most Celtic fans views the Club and as importantly it is how basically all the other Scottish Club's fans view the club (Barring 50% of Hibs fans) hence why they usually support Gers when they play Celtic if they dont already support them already.

And of course the club has many many players of non Irish Ancestry throughout its history because the club embraced professionalism before most clubs did worldwide and nobody at Celtic (Unlike those at another Glasgow club up until the late 80's) would be dumb enough to believe that it's dem genetics that determine a footballer's ability.

Edited by cadete

Your research is false.

I'm not political but "Serb/Cro alliance"??? And especially back before when it was Yugoslavia? What you sniffin' Kiro? 

Am I the only one who is struggling to understand the relevance and where exactly this conversation is going?

I just trying to point out that:

One: Tesla's comments about where Celtic stood in 2005 were complete crap and indeed the quality of the SPL at this moment (As crap as I accept it is).

And Two: At the same time having more fun whilst proving my first point that a quick look at FYROM Football History shows how Tesla's theory on how that his Balkan Genetics are the superior sporting genetics in the world does not stack up at all.

• Like 1