Melbourne Football

The Great Annual "In" or "Out" thread

thisphantomfortress

The Great Annual "In" or "Out" poll  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Attending games wit Wazza at the helm?

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You certainly were. IIRC even arguing that we had retained the colour white... So, do we welcome you back?

Nope! Anyone who states on this forum they are out they are dead to me. If you vote you are out you are also dead to me. Anyone who mentions Bruno is dead to me! 

There is no middle ground. You are either in or out.

Edited by Jovan
Unless it's Monday to Thursday as I am always out on these before mentioned days.
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Nope! Anyone who states on this forum they are out they are dead to me. If you vote you are out you are also dead to me. Anyone who mentions Bruno is dead to me! 

There is no middle ground. You are either in or out.

Well all the PPL behind the "Red and White Campaign" (Which was not endorsed by Yarraside due to its pointlessness) all said they were OUT... but have all been later seen at many a City game since the color change occurred.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cadete said:

Well all the PPL behind the "Red and White Campaign" (Which was not endorsed by Yarraside due to its pointlessness) all said they were OUT... but have all been later seen at many a City game since the color change occurred.

As a collective they are also dead to me!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Sorry to see you go, mate.

According to the HAL web-site, our membership is still slowly creeping upwards. The question is, do I believe what the club says anymore?

There is no chance that the membership ticker would drop. They wouldnt be designed to do that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yeah doesnt go down because they anticipate the inevitable crawling back with tails between our legs

It's a meaningless number anyway, because it treats special offers as equivalent to full-season memberships. It would mean something only if the various categories were shown separately. They probably are internally to CFG, but not for general consumption. 

For me the only numbers of value are those at the start of the season and at the first home match. And even they are indicative only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

It's a meaningless number anyway, because it treats special offers as equivalent to full-season memberships. It would mean something only if the various categories were shown separately. They probably are internally to CFG, but not for general consumption. 

For me the only numbers of value are those at the start of the season and at the first home match. And even they are indicative only.

Where can I sign up my gold fish?

1 hour ago, rayv36 said:

City have dodged a bullet, I'd guess WMG will take more fans from Victory than us

I'm doubtful that they'll siphon off very many.  Look how many of us stay miserably loyal to City despite everything. By comparison, Victory supporters have every reason to remain loyal to their club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fensaddler said:

I'll go and watch them as they're just down the road in Geelong, and then just up the road in Tarneit. Whether I transfer my loyalties will depend a lot on whether City wake up to just how much they are pissing off their supporters right now. 

Very keen to see how City react and treat supporters now, feel like ive been shat on a fair bit. If CFG was a mate.......well we wouldnt be mates right now, he's to into looking out for himself and making sure he gets whats best for him.

I will definately go and have a look at WMG as the stadium is literally over the river for me, but i will be more so going to support growth of football in the region. 

In reality, for Western Melbourne to participate in next season, they have to get all their backroom and coaching staff, club infrastructure and players on board by, at the latest, the end of July 2019. Just over 7 months. Very tall order. They'll need to know that they will definitely be participating a lot earlier than that so that the fixture can be drawn up, grounds booked etc.

There's a hell of a lot riding on this decision, not just for WMG but also for the other 10 clubs. I just hope FFA has got something rather more quantitative than "pluses and minuses" to back up its decision.

50 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

In reality, for Western Melbourne to participate in next season, they have to get all their backroom and coaching staff, club infrastructure and players on board by, at the latest, the end of July 2019. Just over 7 months. Very tall order. They'll need to know that they will definitely be participating a lot earlier than that so that the fixture can be drawn up, grounds booked etc.

There's a hell of a lot riding on this decision, not just for WMG but also for the other 10 clubs. I just hope FFA has got something rather more quantitative than "pluses and minuses" to back up its decision.

Biggest problem is them playing out of Geelong for next season. Less than ideal scenario. 

2 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

I am sure those that live nearer will go and have a look at Western Melbourne. Will City and Victory fans jump ship, some will.

They are starting off in Geelong. Its along way from Melbourne proper. Too far for me to go to games and I don’t reckon I’m the only one.

The proposed location (Tarneit) is much closer. For mine starting in another city is a big mistake.

52 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Biggest problem is them playing out of Geelong for next season. Less than ideal scenario. 

Depends where you live. Bloody great for me. You're making like Geelong is on the other end of the earth. Anyway, if you live down my way Richmond is a pig of a place to get to, and particularly to get back from after a night match. There's a decent train service between Geelong and Tarneit, so it's not going to be too much of a stretch to assume that people can travel between the two locations. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Depends where you live. Bloody great for me. You're making like Geelong is on the other end of the earth. Anyway, if you live down my way Richmond is a pig of a place to get to, and particularly to get back from after a night match. There's a decent train service between Geelong and Tarneit, so it's not going to be too much of a stretch to assume that people can travel between the two locations. 

I'm sure that between them, FFA with the matchdays and KO times, and PT with buses replacing trains, it will be made as inconvenient as possible for you. Like it is for the rest of us...

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

7 month is plenty of time to put a squad & backroom team together. There aren’t going to care too much about “return of investment” . WSW is a perfect example of how it can be done with the right monetary support. We are just being brainwashed by the CFG that’s it’s all really hard here bla bla bla. The end of the day we aren’t willing to spend the money on the visa & marquee players.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Coaching Staff and Marquees (Douglas Costa is rumored to be one of them) have been agreed to in principle. Dont forget that one of there major backers are Lou Sticca .

4 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

I am sure those that live nearer will go and have a look at Western Melbourne. Will City and Victory fans jump ship, some will.

Well if some do jump ship then they were never really fans of Heart/City so I'd be happy if they left. Would much rather prefer 6k loyal City Supporters than 9k, 3k of which are plastic.

Next.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Well if some do jump ship then they were never really fans of Heart/City so I'd be happy if they left. Would much rather prefer 6k loyal City Supporters than 9k, 3k of which are plastic.

Next.

Heart and City are not the same club.. someone loyal to Heart could go to this new club. All CFG did was buy Heart’s A-League liscence.

That piece of shit Away Kit Gradient  City had last year as their Heart Shirt for me sums up what the Club thinks of Heart.

Their is nothing similar to what Heart games were like in the Home End compared to what they are like now. I am amazed at some of City’s supposed most Ultra fans who claim to have been Heart fans.

i never ever saw them back then.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Just now, cadete said:

Heart and City are not the same club.. someone loyal to Heart could go to this new club.

That piece of shit Away Kit City has last year as their Heart Shirt for me sums up what the Club thinks of Heart.

Personally, I'm over that. If l purchased a company, l would want my logo and my colours on it as well. What l want now is just success.

3 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Personally, I'm over that. If l purchased a company, l would want my logo and my colours on it as well. What l want now is just success.

Football is not Business.. to win championships u actually have to make loses when buying teams to win them.

Anyone who has ever tried to use Economics to win a major football championship has failed.

Footballers are never valued accurately. Their is too much room for error.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1