Melbourne Football

Season 23/24 - Round 18 - Sydney vs Melbourne 24th Feb - 5:30pm

MHFC-FAN

31 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

We have no midfield to speak of: not covering the back 4, not opening up the field for the attackers

Do you find Jeggo looking very light as well? Easily dispossed and often second at the ball. 

2 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Natel not on the bench. Wasn't on the injury list so assume he's either deemed not good enough (agreed) or he's fallen out with the manager, or he's got the homesickness blues.

He was reported as ill and didn't travel.

3 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

Jeggo isn’t much of an upgrade on Ugar tbh

He's only had a couple of games but is more like a passenger, opposition mostly comes out on top in the challenges. Going forward nothing significant has been noted. As others have noted, we have too many of those players already.

Just now, Mr MO said:

He's only had a couple of games but is more like a passenger, opposition mostly comes out on top in the challenges. Going forward nothing significant has been noted. As others have noted, we have too many of those players already.

I was expecting more from Jeggo after all his years in the Austrian Bundesliga; it’s a good league

26 minutes ago, haz said:

Don't have much faith in Lopane. 

It's a poor cameo so far, several letharghic looking turn overs.

1 minute ago, rayv36 said:

Lopane is frustrating poor at times, I know he’s young but he’s had ample chances to show something and he hasn’t. 

Yeah that turnover at own box in the 95th minutes just when are about to break was telling. 

I'll take a point, lucky Sydney can't score.

1 minute ago, moops said:

He got a shot on target, one more than Macca.

Jmac in the worst form of his career, yet keeps starting...even Tilio could have had an easy through ball to Jamie but instead took the harder option and went for goal himself. I don't think Jamie even joined in that goal celebration, something definitely is going on with him and the team...

3 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Jmac in the worst form of his career, yet keeps starting...even Tilio could have had an easy through ball to Jamie but instead took the harder option and went for goal himself. I don't think Jamie even joined in that goal celebration, something definitely is going on with him and the team...

If rumours are true he wants out probably, just going through the motions.

Summary of the game.

We need Arslan on the pitch.

Tilio did well.

New LB looks classy.

1-1 is a good results given everything that has already been mentioned.

Quick ball moving counter attacking play was nice to watch and the smurfs found it hard to deal with. Something that the manager and tactician should definitely take notice of.

Ref is a nob as he should have yellow carded smurf players early in the game to stop their blatant fouls on our players during our attacking  transition. Very bad game management.

We move onto next week.

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

Ref is a nob as he should have yellow carded smurf players early in the game to stop their blatant fouls on our players during our attacking  transition. Very bad game management.

Was this the same that ref that Arslan gave a serving to for his shit treatment in the Perth game?

21 minutes ago, Zanty said:

Makes the most sense looking at who is available.

Yeah it does. This team needs a real rocket up their backside and I reckon PK and Jamo on the sidelines will achieve this! 

Couldn't imagine much complacency if those 2 were coaching...

9 hours ago, Zanty said:

Makes the most sense looking at who is available.

What makes you think there is nobody else available?

People calling for PK have completely forgotten or are ignoring under what circumstances the succes was achieved. Besides there is some concerning proof on the table now about his capabilities. No PK would not do better with this squad.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

People calling for PK have completely forgotten or are ignoring under what circumstances the succes was achieved. Besides there is some concerning proof on the table now about his capabilities. No PK would do better this squad.

Agree, I'm also not a fan of returning managers, it never works out for whatever reason.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Yeah it does. This team needs a real rocket up their backside and I reckon PK and Jamo on the sidelines will achieve this! 

Couldn't imagine much complacency if those 2 were coaching...

Why isn't Jamo having that effect now?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, playmaker said:

Summary of the game.

We need Arslan on the pitch.

Tilio did well.

New LB looks classy.

1-1 is a good results given everything that has already been mentioned.

Quick ball moving counter attacking play was nice to watch and the smurfs found it hard to deal with. Something that the manager and tactician should definitely take notice of.

We move onto next week.

Worst ref in the A-League also the one that copped the rant from Rudan.

3 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Was this the same that ref that Arslan gave a serving to for his shit treatment in the Perth game?

No, that was Shane Skinner.

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

People calling for PK have completely forgotten or are ignoring under what circumstances the succes was achieved. Besides there is some concerning proof on the table now about his capabilities. No PK would do better this squad.

Totally agree. My preference would be Giancarlo Italiano (WP) of the locals. Otherwise an overseas coach. From South America I like the work that Eduardo Berrizo did with small clubs but was unable to make the leap into the big clubs as he failed with Valencia. An EFL manager could be useful as well. I wonder if Mombaerts has a list of young managers that could be trialled in Oz?

3 hours ago, Mr MO said:

People calling for PK have completely forgotten or are ignoring under what circumstances the succes was achieved. Besides there is some concerning proof on the table now about his capabilities. No PK would not do better this squad.

PK is not the most flexible of managers. we are playing our present 'style' quite poorly, PK is likely to insist on more of the same

• Like 1