Melbourne Football

Vs Western United 7th Jan (Away)

heart1011

It's always good to get a win against 'lucky John'.

Positives:

We won without playing well; this was always going to be a much harder game than against Roar, we've always struggled against teams that counter-attack.

We'd done our set-piece homework.

We look much better with 2DMs

Negatives:

We are still struggling to pull organised defensive teams out of shape, whilst we also struggle against the rapid counter-attack, although this has become less perilous since we started playing 2DMs.

Slow ball movement + head-high crosses into the box = JMac is completely cut out of the game; if we want to play that way, start Caputo.

Ref didn't protect our players; Aslan and Jakolis were hacked all afternoon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baka1 said:

The sooner we play Caputo instead of Maclaren the better

It's bad coaching imo as to why he's been absent for most of this season.

I know he's not a recieve the ball type forward like fornaroli, but why can't the coaching team tell him to come forward to try and provide another option to the midfield when we're building up a play to go forward?

It just baffles me that for the majority of the game he is just invisible and nobody does anything about it. 

• Thanks 1

Still think the highlight is when Michael Ruhs scored for the homeless fucks and ripped out a celebration which can only be described as sucking off a massive cock after he scored.. go back and watch it and you'll see what I mean!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

Still think the highlight is when Michael Ruhs scored for the homeless fucks and ripped out a celebration which can only be described as sucking off a massive cock after he scored.. go back and watch it and you'll see what I mean!!

I guess we had the ultimate cumback...🙃

• Haha 2

That wasn't pretty and the conditions didn't help. However, a feeling of considerable redemption that we beat such an appallingly ugly, anti-football team. Refereeing was rank and we got no protection from constant niggling fouls or some hacks that deserved more severe punishment. Several very questionable calls and decisions. We've likely picked up injuries to key players as a result of WUs thuggery. Two belting goals and a good turnout by City fans. We looked to be at least 70-80% of that crowd, and WU still look as if they struggle to pull a thousand people to a match.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, heart1011 said:

Yes, I saw that but thought 'no, surely not'.😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fensaddler said:

That wasn't pretty and the conditions didn't help. However, a feeling of considerable redemption that we beat such an appallingly ugly, anti-football team. Refereeing was rank and we got no protection from constant niggling fouls or some hacks that deserved more severe punishment. Several very questionable calls and decisions. We've likely picked up injuries to key players as a result of WUs thuggery. Two belting goals and a good turnout by City fans. We looked to be at least 70-80% of that crowd, and WU still look as if they struggle to pull a thousand people to a match.

You must be mistaken about the refereeing.

According to “unlucky John” the refereeing was one of the key reasons why they lost this match. That and sheer bad luck of course. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm got a bad case of man flue, or the plague, possibly both and I was able to watch the match today.

Everything was pretty shit first half, except Jamie who made some great saves and even distributed well under pressure, or punching the ball clear.

Second half-

I thought Lopane had a good game, that position suits him more than out wide or attacking, he was good at using his body to protect the ball.

Some great strikes for the goal.

A lot of players improved and you have to put that down to the coach.

• Like 2