Melbourne Football

Season 2023/24

mattyh001

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

My concerns are at the back line: I hope to be convinced that the starting back 4 is strong enough, especially if Good leaves, only Tabot was a starting player for us last season, and I worry about our defensive depth.

Four defenders, and Nuno obviously at the end of his career, four forwards, and a whole lot of midfielders....

22 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

So are they playing three 45 minute periods? Again prime example of the poor media effort. Can't even name the scorers...

The report is coming from WU. I can't see the City twitter any more, but is there anything there?

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Whoops, my very, very bad above. I'd not included Samuel Souprayen in the defence. So we have five defenders and that makes things look a lot better.

Still think we're a wee bit light given Nuno not where he was, and Good potentially being offered a last pay day in India. Probably the weakest area last season even with Bos.

Having said all that, I reckon compared to other clubs, we've arrived at this stage of preseason looking relatively strong. Possibly not where we were last season, but suspect others have gone backwards at least as far. 

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Still think we're a wee bit light given Nuno not where he was, and Good potentially being offered a last pay day in India. Probably the weakest area last season even with Bos.

Having said all that, I reckon compared to other clubs, we've arrived at this stage of preseason looking relatively strong. Possibly not where we were last season, but suspect others have gone backwards at least as far. 

Despite all the changes and us probably needing another 3 players we are still looking the strongest

2 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Feels a little bit early to judge at this stage, as we have a lot of new players and yet to see any of them play...

True, but we are already familiar with a few of them due to watching them in the ALM for quite a few years, but on paper we are still the strongest at this time

6 minutes ago, Zanty said:

True, but we are already familiar with a few of them due to watching them in the ALM for quite a few years, but on paper we are still the strongest at this time

Yeah well we know the quality of Young. Ugarkovic is decent but who knows what condition Antonis is going to be in. I was more referring to the new faces which could make up nearly half the team. Their quality is yet to be tested in the ALM...on paper the best 11 is looking reasonable, however it looks like we won't have a strong bench this season. 

Not me. It's a shit of a drive from where I live. And how do I prove I'm a 2023-24 member? The Cup game next Sunday is fairly close, but I'm ambivalent. This membership thing annoys the shit out of me every season. Even if you can't issue cards etc in time, send a email to people who've signed up to prove their membership or a QR on their smartphone. Something surely?

• Like 1

On 07/08/2023 at 1:34 PM, jw1739 said:

Not me. It's a shit of a drive from where I live. And how do I prove I'm a 2023-24 member? The Cup game next Sunday is fairly close, but I'm ambivalent. This membership thing annoys the shit out of me every season. Even if you can't issue cards etc in time, send a email to people who've signed up to prove their membership or a QR on their smartphone. Something surely?

Free tickets for Dandenong pre-season match from club for signed-up members - email just received.

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

If anyone is there tonight I think those of us who can't get there would appreciate a report.

Arslan looks solid! Pretty much the playmaker for most of the attacking. Nice touch for the goal too!

Antonis has had 2 nice goals from outside the box, looks decent. 

Haven't noticed much else tbh but I'm sure someone else can throw in their 2 cents...