Melbourne Football

Nicolas Colazo

Deviant

Typically, no specific treatment is needed for a ruptured eardrum; the vast majority of ruptured eardrums heal within three months. Your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic -- either oral or in the form of eardrops -- to prevent an ear infection or treat an existing infection. If the ruptured eardrum is causing you pain, the doctor may recommend using an over-the-counter pain medication such asacetaminophen or ibuprofen. Warmth may be applied also to relieve discomfort.

5 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Typically, no specific treatment is needed for a ruptured eardrum; the vast majority of ruptured eardrums heal within three months. Your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic -- either oral or in the form of eardrops -- to prevent an ear infection or treat an existing infection. If the ruptured eardrum is causing you pain, the doctor may recommend using an over-the-counter pain medication such asacetaminophen or ibuprofen. Warmth may be applied also to relieve discomfort.

So.... out for 3 months?

Edited by Hellenic Hero
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

So.... out for 3 months?

No, I reckon he'll play when he's pain free. I've have had just half an eardrum for more years than I care to remember and by far the main worry is an infection spreading into the middle ear. It's just a matter of care.

I burst my eardrum playing futsal (copped a shot to the head as keeper) and I couldn't have any moisture touch my ear for about 3 months after surgery. Unless he's going to be running around with a shower cap on or at least something clogging the ear he could be out for multiple Germano's

58 minutes ago, MattN said:

I burst my eardrum playing futsal (copped a shot to the head as keeper) and I couldn't have any moisture touch my ear for about 3 months after surgery. Unless he's going to be running around with a shower cap on or at least something clogging the ear he could be out for multiple Germano's

If he is serious it's time to do a Van Gough.

• Like 1

City are almost back to their strongest compliment with Nicolas Colazo still a few weeks away from a full recovery while Ivan Franjic continues his road to full fitness, being available for the trip to face his previous side.

Of course, it wouldn't be a Melbourne City team report without them messing with our heads, so naturally, Colazo has been removed from the Unavailable list in the same article, for some unknown reason.

Melbourne City FC: 1. Thomas Sorensen (GK), 2. Manny Muscat, 3. Josh Rose, 4. Connor Chapman, 5. Ivan Franjic, 6. Osama Malik, 8. Neil Kilkenny, 10. Anthony Caceres, 11. Bruce Kamau, 12. Nick Fitzgerald, 17. Tim Cahill, 18. Paulo Retre, 20. Dean Bouzanis (GK), 23. Bruno Fornaroli (C), 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Fernando Brandan, 35. Christian Cavallo

Ins: 5. Ivan Franjic (promoted), 17. Tim Cahill (returns from injury - achilles), 22. Michael Jakobsen (returns from injury - soreness)

Outs: 21. Ruon Tongyik (omitted)

Unavailable: 7. Corey Gameiro (ACL - season), 28. Steve Kuzmanovski (ACL - season)

Edited by SF33
  • Like 1

Other than the usual ambivalent and inadequate statements from the club (and the incorrect use of "compliment" instead of "complement") I'm not too worried about the Colazo situation. It's a perforated/ruptured eardrum and it needs time to heal. He's only 26 and the ramifications of having a perforated eardum for life are not nice - you are particularly susceptible to middle ear infections, some of which can be the very devil to overcome. We've got a good squad and we're doing the right thing by him in taking it cautiously. I'm confident he'll be back and will make a big impact in due course.

Edited by jw1739

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Other than the usual ambivalent and inadequate statements from the club (and the incorrect use of "compliment" instead of "complement") I'm not too worried about the Colazo situation. It's a perforated/ruptured eardrum and it needs time to heal. He's only 26 and the ramifications of having a perforated eardum for life are not nice - you are particularly susceptible to middle ear infections, some of which can be the very devil to overcome. We've got a good squad and we're doing the right thing by him in taking it cautiously. I'm confident he'll be back and will make a big impact in due course.

Agreed. Just thought it was worth pointing out, since I'm fairly sure Colazo was on the Unavailable list last week and presumably they just copy/paste last week's template and make the required changes each week, to save the hassle of writing all the names out week after week, when the squad will invariably be ~90% unchanged. So, assuming my recollection is correct, they've given a vague "he's still out for a few weeks" statement, then decided to delete him from the Unavailable list. Why anyone that didn't play the previous week due to injury and isn't in the squad this week wouldn't appear on the Unavailable list, I'll never know.

50 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

The fact that he isn't mentioned as unavailable but also isn't in the match day squad usually means that he isn't injured/unwell but just not selected. That's a good sign although that also happened many times to our friend Germano

The same article that provides the squad for this week and the injuries specifically mentions Colazo as still being injured.

City are almost back to their strongest compliment with Nicolas Colazo still a few weeks away from a full recovery while Ivan Franjic continues his road to full fitness, being available for the trip to face his previous side.

Even so, if they're available, but not picked in the team, it should be a pretty simple exercise to put them on the list as "(available)".

Should (keyword...) be back for the FFA Cup final.

van’t Schip also confirmed that Ivan Franjic is getting close to being available for full selection while Argentine Nicolas Colazo has been positive about his successful ear surgery and may be back in the upcoming fortnight.

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/vant-schip-cautious-of-roars-attacking-threat/1ovoqwzkfgoe31xha80mz50y0p

• jw1739 locked this topic
  • jw1739 unlocked this topic