Melbourne Football

2015 City FFA Cup Campaign: Semi Final V The Cap Cheats in Perth

Dylan

Considering going to this $130 return with jet star and free accom in Newy. :hmm:

Went to Newcastle for Round 1 a few years ago and have vowed to never return. If you've never been, go once to experience the full boganism of Newy!

It's like one big Frankston...but Frankston 10-15 years ago; full of ferrels!

I've done Newy away twice. One of my best mates lives there so makes up for the largely feral population. I grew up in Perth's equivalent of Newcastle / Frankston so nothing I'm not used to.

I actually enjoyed my away trips there. Good having a beer with the home fans there as opposed to having traffic cones thrown at you! Some great craft beer joints in town as well suprisingly enough.

All booked. Get the feeling Newy is going to feel exactly like Wodonga

Oh, no. Quite a good place to live IMO. Big enough to have decent services. Spent many a good weekend at the Hunter Valley wineries and up at Port Stephens - the latter truly glorious (in summer of course!).

So, we're 15 days away from this match, do we have any other pre-season matches lined up before hand?

Do we know if any injured players will be made available for this match, and will we see any trialists sign before the match?

Just had a quick look at Edgeworth as they're 14 games into the season and top the table with 30 points in a 10 team comp, here are there last three matches:

19/7 2-0 Loss - Adamstown Rosebud F.C. (Currently 6th)
12/7 2-0 Win - Maitland F.C. (Currently 9th)
5/7 3-1 Win - Hamilton Olympic F.C. (Currently 3rd)

I also had a look at where there goals seemingly come from (I've got a lot of free time), the below guys make up for over 70% of their goals scored this season, it's a pretty shared load but some good ratios nevertheless:

Goals (Matches) - Name:
5 (11) - Brenton Olzomer
4 (8) - Justin Tannock
4 (11) - Brody Taylor
4 (12) - Keanu Moore
3 (9) - Josh Evans

• Like 1

it's important to win this one but I think it's also important to give some of our younger players a chance to impress in pre-season

wouldn't be against starting the likes of Dekker and Symeoy in amongst some more quality, experienced players

• Like 1

So, we're 15 days away from this match, do we have any other pre-season matches lined up before hand?

Do we know if any injured players will be made available for this match, and will we see any trialists sign before the match?

Just had a quick look at Edgeworth as they're 14 games into the season and top the table with 30 points in a 10 team comp, here are there last three matches:

Pretty sure Info@VeeDub said we'll be playing Adelaide in Alice Springs again - I'm guessing it'd be after this match though...

Exactly right. Confirmed with the club that the game will not be live streamed due to FFA and Foxtel rights. So before anyone gets upset the club isn't in control of this. There will be another game shown at the same time though and any highlights (goals etc.) of our game will be shown during this coverage. 

Edited by n i k o

lol, how dare a business makes money
everything should be free

When it's a multi billion dollar company whose only expense will be setting up one camera man with one camera then yes it should be free. I may be wrong, they might have commentators, and it could be in HD ext. then fair enough I'll pay it but seriously fox are just greedy cunts.

Don't we want to grow the game and get more people to watch it/know about it? Would free streaming not be the best way to go about this? (Especially when its something like the FFA cup and not the actual season?)

Edited by kingofhearts

FOX SPORTS to LIVE stream Westfield FFA Cup matches

Monday, 27 July 2015

The Westfield FFA Cup’s official broadcast partner FOX SPORTS has confirmed it will stream all non-broadcast matches from the Round of 32 onwards in 2015.

In a huge coup for fans of grassroots clubs, the announcement will see the 20 non broadcast matches streamed LIVE on the official FOX SPORTS website www.foxsports.com.au as well as on Apple TV via FOX SPORTS Now.

People can purchase a FOX SPORTS digital subscription to watch the streamed matches, or if they are a FOX SPORTS TV subscriber via Foxtel or digital subscriber through News Corp Masthead + the stream is available free through your existing login details.

FOX SPORTS’ four broadcast matches during the Round of 32 will also carry highlights and live crosses to the non-broadcast matches in a boost to fans of all 32 teams competing in the Westfield FFA Cup.

FOX SPORTS CEO, Patrick Delany, said: “The inaugural FFA Cup was a huge success. Australians fell in love with the magic of this truly national competition as the underdog grassroots clubs took on the big-hitting A-League teams.”

“This year we will take our coverage to new heights providing live streaming of all 20 matches not broadcast on FOX SPORTS, all with multi-camera coverage and full commentary.”

Football Federation Australia CEO David Gallop lauded FOX SPORTS and its move to bring more Westfield FFA Cup matches into the lounge rooms of people across the country.

“This announcement is fantastic news for the thousands of football supporters across Australia who have embraced the Westfield FFA Cup as semi-professional and grassroots clubs get their chance to be seen on the national stage,” Gallop said.

“Now fans of grassroots clubs have the opportunity to watch their team LIVE online wherever they are playing, and this is sure to only enhance the exposure and coverage of this competition.”

Full replays will also be available online at the conclusion of matches.The Round of 32 begins this Wednesday 29 July 2015 with Palm Beach Sharks v South Melbourne LIVE on FOX SPORTS 505, while Broadmeadow Magic v Heidelberg United, Blacktown City v MetroStars, and Hume City v Brisbane Strikers will be available through the FOX SPORTS live stream.

FOX SPORTS streaming of Westfield FFA Cup 2015 matches

* FOX SPORTS will LIVE stream the 20 matches throughout the Westfield FFA Cup that are not broadcast on FOX SPORTS.

* The streams will be available on the official FOX SPORTS website www.foxsports.com.au and Apple TV via FOX SPORTS Now.

* The streams come free for all FOX SPORTS TV subscribers via FOXTEL or digital subscribers through News Corp Masthead + (Masthead+ are on: The Advertiser+, Daily Telegraph+, Herald Sun, Courier Mail+ & Herald Sun+).

* If fans don't hold either of these subscription passes they can purchase a FOX SPORTS digital subscription via foxsports.com.au which provides access to every non broadcast FFA Cup match.*

* Full replays will be available at the conclusion of matches.

http://www.theffacup.com.au/article/fox-sports-to-live-stream-westfield-ffa-cup-matches/1og8yaikpltmh1joj5ajbzsrjv

• Like 2

• Jimmy unfeatured this topic