Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

Best people to negotiate are middle class anglos, they generally also dont want to waste their time and so will do a decent deal if you're serious and not a time waster, plus they're generally not dodgy.

Especially when it comes to cars, you know they've done all the services on time and at some overpriced place, they havent thrashed it, etc.

Edited by Tesla

1 hour ago, HeartFc said:

Aint that the truth, however I also believe anglos are fucking shit at negotiating coz it makes them feel cheap. I think its coz they're insecure , probably goes back to the social structure and class welfare of the british isles. Polaks, serbs, cro's and eastern euros in general don't give a fuck about looking cheap, infact my dad prides myself on the tightness of his arse. He brags about still having underwear and socks from 25 years ago. He once walked into BIG W when they had a massive stock take sale and there were a bunch of bikes which they were basically giving away. Out of the 4 they had left he picked the one with a tiny scratch and argued with them for 20 minutes for a further discount. He got another 15 bucks off and strutted out of there like he had 5some at the play boy mansion.

Indians are the WORST to deal with, closely followed by afghans. Im out of the closet racist when it comes to dealing them. These days if I see fucking a Virat or Mustafa next to their ad or if they even sound remotely "brown" over the phone, I just hang up, force quit my browser and move on. Twice in 1 day these mother fuckers wasted my time with bullshit in their ads. They always "forget" to tell its a repairable write off or its "oh sori mistake, it hav no bluetooov". That shit might work in your hell hole country coz it takes 3 trains, a bus and donkey to get to your mud village but here was have broom broom cars and its easy to say fuck off and piss off home.

Cunts should be deported.

Genuinely loled

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Aint that the truth, however I also believe anglos are fucking shit at negotiating coz it makes them feel cheap. I think its coz they're insecure , probably goes back to the social structure and class welfare of the british isles. Polaks, serbs, cro's and eastern euros in general don't give a fuck about looking cheap, infact my dad prides myself on the tightness of his arse. He brags about still having underwear and socks from 25 years ago. He once walked into BIG W when they had a massive stock take sale and there were a bunch of bikes which they were basically giving away. Out of the 4 they had left he picked the one with a tiny scratch and argued with them for 20 minutes for a further discount. He got another 15 bucks off and strutted out of there like he had 5some at the play boy mansion.

Indians are the WORST to deal with, closely followed by afghans. Im out of the closet racist when it comes to dealing them. These days if I see fucking a Virat or Mustafa next to their ad or if they even sound remotely "brown" over the phone, I just hang up, force quit my browser and move on. Twice in 1 day these mother fuckers wasted my time with bullshit in their ads. They always "forget" to tell its a repairable write off or its "oh sori mistake, it hav no bluetooov". That shit might work in your hell hole country coz it takes 3 trains, a bus and donkey to get to your mud village but here was have broom broom cars and its easy to say fuck off and piss off home.

Cunts should be deported.

Don't think I've agreed with any post more than this.

That's not begin racist, that's making a generalisation, and generalisations by definition apply to the majority of the people in question.

Your dad sounds like my dad, he doesn't even have to do shit half the time, once they hear his Balkan accent they just give up and agree to his terms. They know it's a battle they aren't going to win. Like playing a game of chicken with a B-double. 

Agree on Indians as well, but I think my natural negotiation style is actually the best anti-Indian tactic. Basically it's just "$x or no", and I don't waste anymore time than that, just move on. It completely destroys the Indian tactic of "sirrrrrr blah blah blah blah blah" (head shaking while saying this, even if you're talking on phone/text you just know their head is shaking) until you cant be fucked anymore and give up. You can't entertain it, you have to give them nothing at all, not even an inch, and if you're being reasonable they'll come crawling back eventually, usually mad AF, and agree to your terms.

Not that it applies to cars, too much money at risk to deal with anyone but non-scummy anglos.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

TTDIM: Getting a smart band / fitness tracker /whatever the fuck you wanna call it

TTDIM: Having my sleep data to analyse my fucked up sleeping pattern

TTIM: My fucked up sleeping pattern

TTDIM: Taking a valium last night and having clear evidence of it's benefits, deep sleep goes from 33% of my sleep to over 50%.

TTDIM: getting same amount of deep sleep in 4 hours as I usually do in 7 hours.

TTDIM: Benzos

TTDIM: Science.

TTIM: Unscientific backwards medical profession meaning I can get prescribed unlimited benzos despite evidence to back it's benefits.

TTIM: Nanny state meaning I cant get benzos over the counter.

TTDIM: Becoming obsessed with my smart band

TTIM: Gonna blow $500+ on whatever the best smart band is

TTDIM: Gonna have the best smart band with most accurate tracking

TTIM: While smart bands are socially acceptable now, smart watches aren't, so can't upgrade to smart watch

TTDIM: Bouncing off the walls even though only slept 4 hours

TTDIM: Stimulants

TTDIM: Finding some new bangers on spotify

TTDIM: Bangers & stimulants

TTDIM: My dream of being a cyborg being that can minimise sleep while maximise focus/alertness/productivity during awake hours

TTIM: That my dream is far from reality.

TTDIM: Having my sleeping data being a good step in the direction of my dream

13898595_10157253361255427_1208140858_o.png

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

You'll get it soon, work gave us all free ones a couple of years ago and the novelty wore off pretty quickly.

I've had mine for 3ish months and still love it, but my main purpose of it was to use it in conjunction with my cycling. If it's just being used to count steps or sleeps then yeah for majority of people the novelty will wear off.

45 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

You'll get it soon, work gave us all free ones a couple of years ago and the novelty wore off pretty quickly.

You're underestimating my obsession with sleep efficiency.

55 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Lol

Im a pretty big fan of my vivosmart HR,which seemed to be the most accurate for heart rate. Phone notifications and being able to permanently leave my phone on silent has also been a pretty good feature. 

Yeah those look alright, good amount of features without looking like some nerdy shit. Problem is the higher end you go, the more it really approaches a smartwatch, until you might as well get a smartwatch, but dunno I think an actual smart watch looks a bit nerdy right now.

9 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Problem with the watch is the shit house battery life, think I'd give up if I had to charge it daily. I get around 4-5 days with mine. 

Yeah that would be shit, I got the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 and the benefit of having a simpler one like this is that apparently it lasts over a month until you need to charge it, but it doesnt do much more than sleep, steps, and vibrate for notifications if you want.

4 minutes ago, n i k o said:

TTDIM: Original BBQ Shapes at Woolworths reduced to $2. 

First time going to a supermarket?

They're literally on special every week at at least one of the two major supermarkets if not both.

TTDIM: Seeing Shapes constantly on special.

TTDIM: Only ever seeing a dent in the stock of original BBQ

TTDIM: Knowing the day Arnotts admit failure is coming.

Edited by Tesla

12 minutes ago, Tesla said:

First time going to a supermarket?

They're literally on special every week at at least one of the two major supermarkets if not both.

TTDIM: Seeing Shapes constantly on special.

TTDIM: Only ever seeing a dent in the stock of original BBQ

TTDIM: Knowing the day Arnotts admit failure is coming.

Does it make my comment any more or less valid? 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 3

TTDIM: That I won't be including myself on the census, and so when all the census data is linked to all other data the government has on individuals and then it all eventually gets hacked and is at best posted all over the internet for the world to see every detail about everyone or it's used for identity theft or other criminal activity I can just sit back, sip my tea, and watch the shitstorm without consequences for myself :up: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

TTDIM: That I won't be including myself on the census, and so when all the census data is linked to all other data the government has on individuals and then it all eventually gets hacked and is at best posted all over the internet for the world to see every detail about everyone or it's used for identity theft or other criminal activity I can just sit back, sip my tea, and watch the shitstorm without consequences for myself :up: 

What about the fine?

1 hour ago, GreenSeater said:

What about the fine?

Doubt they'd know I didn't do it if my household still does it, I just won't be on it.

Sure they can cross check against other things, but I could be spending the night somewhere else or be overseas. Again they could data match and cross check all that too but I doubt they'd put the effort in.

Anyway you just get ordered to comply if you haven't done it, and then if you still don't do it then you get fined.

I think my real beef about the census is why we have to do it every 5 years. In the UK, for example, it's every 10 years.

Further, I'd be surprised if a lot of the information supposedly collected by the census isn't already somewhere in the system already. For example, earlier this year I had to fill out a form on behalf of my mother-in-law for a means test related to what she would be charged once in an aged care facility. 31 pages containing 145 different questions/sections. And of course immediately she went into the facility the assessment was out of date because her assets had changed.

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I think my real beef about the census is why we have to do it every 5 years. In the UK, for example, it's every 10 years.

Further, I'd be surprised if a lot of the information supposedly collected by the census isn't already somewhere in the system already. For example, earlier this year I had to fill out a form on behalf of my mother-in-law for a means test related to what she would be charged once in an aged care facility. 31 pages containing 145 different questions/sections. And of course immediately she went into the facility the assessment was out of date because her assets had changed.

Meh i just did it then for all three of my household. Took 25 min and was pretty easy

Honestly it doesn't even matter how much truth there is to all the privacy concerns, the fact that so many people are concerned about it, which means they won't do it properly and put fake answers or not answer at all, compromises the integrity of the census and defeats the point of the whole thing. That alone should have been reason alone to rethink it.

Yeah there is always some BS on there but it's not an issue statistically when its outliers or when its obvious things that can be removed, but there is potential for a significant amount of inaccuracy in the census this time around and it really does seem the integrity of it will be compromised which is a shame as the data is important.

PS The 'you can trust the ABS' stuff is the biggest load of crap I heard in my life. Recently one of their guys was jailed for leaking unemployment data early to a trader so they can do insider trading and profit, why would census data be any different if someone there could make a buck off leaking it to someone?

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

Honestly if I was a Muslim there would be zero chance of me declaring it in the census. And as a catholic in @cadetes world I would be nervous putting that down too

Yeah, look at how racists Australia has become in the last couple years (well it was probably always as bad if not worse but people just kept it to themselves as it wasnt socially acceptable to say it out loud as it seems to be now). If things continue the way they're going it wouldn't be a shock to me if in 10 years time we elect some far right cunt that wants to kick all the Muslims out or whatever.

You never know what's going to happen in the future, and any bullshit about your personal details being deleted after 4 years isn't true. Yeah they'll delete your name but a hash is kept of it, which can be recreated and cross checked easily.

15 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Yeah, look at how racists Australia has become in the last couple years (well it was probably always as bad if not worse but people just kept it to themselves as it wasnt socially acceptable to say it out loud as it seems to be now). If things continue the way they're going it wouldn't be a shock to me if in 10 years time we elect some far right cunt that wants to kick all the Muslims out or whatever.

You never know what's going to happen in the future, and any bullshit about your personal details being deleted after 4 years isn't true. Yeah they'll delete your name but a hash is kept of it, which can be recreated and cross checked easily.

There is precedent for it too in McCarthyism. they used old uni petitions amongst other things from as far back as the 30s to implicate people. When collecting data names are basically useless, so why collect them at all?

29 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

There is precedent for it too in McCarthyism. they used old uni petitions amongst other things from as far back as the 30s to implicate people. When collecting data names are basically useless, so why collect them at all?

It's for establishing accuracy. You go back and take a sample size and figure out how many people provided false information so you can establish if the data is 99% accurate or 95% accurate or whatever.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

It's for establishing accuracy. You go back and take a sample size and figure out how many people provided false information so you can establish if the data is 99% accurate or 95% accurate or whatever.

Source?

Wasn't the reason they're now using the name to be able to cross match each person against other government data (eg your use of government services, health records, etc) so they can have a larger data set. 

Edited by Tesla

10 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Source?

Wasn't the reason they're now using the name to be able to cross match each person against other government data (eg your use of government services, health records, etc) so they can have a larger data set. 

My source is David Lyeonheljm on Sky News today lol. There's a video of the interview on the LDP Facebook page.

24 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Then make it voluntary and use those who do give their names as your sample.

People who choose to give their name would be significantly more likely to provide legit info is the issue though. Would defeat the purpose.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

My source is David Lyeonheljm on Sky News today lol. There's a video of the interview on the LDP Facebook page.

Very good video actually. I'll take his word for it that that is one reason, but I do believe data matching with other government departments was the main reason for the change.

He has downplayed the risk from hacking though, I think because as he says that's what the Greens/NXT are concerned about (whereas the LDP are concerned about government misuse of data, personally I'm concerned with both). As I said above, the encryption of the names doesn't mean shit if it gets hacked, all it takes is enough time and computing power to get past it. The problem is, names are a fairly finite number of possibilities. You can get the white pages, and have all the possible surnames, whereas a list of common first name can just be found via google. It is simpler to crack encrypted names than, for example, encrypted passwords since a password has many more possibilities. Computing power only gets more and more powerful, I believe there is no limit to how long the encrypted names get stored, it's only the unencrypted names that can only be stored for 4 years.

Though it's a very good point that he makes that the whole metadata thing was worse than this and there was far less public outrage.

If we did not have a Census every few years then mine and almost anyone else with a job in the field of Planning would be pretty fucked.

A lot of really bad decisions from the Federal Government down to the Private Sector would be made often due to lack of crucial data.

1 minute ago, cadete said:

If we did not have a Census every few years then mine and almost anyone else with a job in the field of Planning would be pretty fucked.

A lot of really bad decisions from the Federal Government down to the Private Sector would be made often due to lack of crucial data.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the census itself, just the new levels of data collection/retention.

As I said in a previous post, giving people less confidence in the privacy of their census data just means it's going to be less accurate (and therefore less valuable) for the government agencies and private sector that use it.

Fuck me, just tried to do it for my household and it doesn't even work.

It's not like it was a surprise that the whole nation was going to do the census tonight, and they want us to trust these incompetent cunts with our privacy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Based on which evidence?

I thought it was just a fairly logical assumption. People who did it legit will be more likely to click the "Tick this box if we can check up and see if you did it correctly" button. Conversely, if you were spiteful, paranoid about privacy, hate the government etc. enough to fudge the details you're probably not going to want to put your name on the form either.

Doesn't really matter much who is more or less likely anyway. I don't think you would argue that people will choose to not give their name completely at random and if the people who can be drawn upon to make up your sample size aren't random it defeats the whole purpose.

Edited by Jimmy