Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

13 hours ago, hedaik said:

Farkn Facebook is too hard to follow with so many retards making stupid comments. What's the history? Also can't believe how popular Kerser seems to be. 

This cunts a dog that cunts a dog, someone lagged, let's have a 1 on 1 fight at the bike shed after school. It seriously reminds me of WWE wrestling. 

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I would probably say Rugby 7s Olympic debut had a lot more to do with it than Caltex Socceroo Legend, Wheetbix Eater and National Treasure Timothy Cahill.

My initial thoughts were 20/20 cricket, but Rugby 7's probably makes more sense. 

I'm assuming niko is :fb:

(fwiw I dont actually mind the AFL exploring avenues to keep the game on top for the future, they'd be incompetent if they didnt)

Edited by hedaik

Let's face it, the AFL just has too much money. If they were a for profit company they'd be buying back shares or giving out larger dividends right now, but since they're not and don't have to be as disciplined there's no reason not to have a punt on speculative things like this, and female AFL, and expansion.

I'm surprised the players havent sacked whoever is head of their union, should be hustling for a bigger cut of the pie given the AFL seemingly has a huge amount of money to throw around.

Also niko isn't far off with his trolling, the AFL have hardly made it a secret their worried about the growth of soccer, the female AFL is the most obvious example of them taking on soccer (following on from cricket of course, who definitely did it because of soccer since they're soccer's main competitor and having a strong female game is one thing soccer had up on other team sports).

FWIW, I don't see a problem with it especially if it became popular internationally. Twenty 20 cricket has opened up a lot more countries for cricket, so no reason this couldnt work for the AFL, but it will take a lot of money (which they have).

Edited by Tesla

Trial game ended 170-140. Appears they can't get away from 'scoring more goals.' Is AFL X another step towards them realising that it's not the number of goals scored that makes a sport entertaining. Probably not. Not regular supporters anyway. 

Just on this new hybrid game, there's already uproar from AFL minded people. No doubt if this gets off the ground it'll be interesting when they start to adopt parts of AFL X into the normal AFL season to make it more 'entertaining.' I'm actually intrested to see how this all pans out if it wasn't for the fact that the AFL will do whatever to undermine/hinder/stunt the growth of our game. 

13 minutes ago, strider said:

shit concept, wont catch on. next

why play a bastardised version of soccer when you can play... soccer 

Doesn't have to catch on. Just a start will impact our game. Football has limited pitches. Numbers wanting to play are beyond capacity. Councils know this. Governments know this yet still ask for proof of these facts. Enter the cashed up AFL, everyone has their price. 

11 hours ago, n i k o said:

Trial game ended 170-140. Appears they can't get away from 'scoring more goals.' Is AFL X another step towards them realising that it's not the number of goals scored that makes a sport entertaining. Probably not. Not regular supporters anyway. 

Just on this new hybrid game, there's already uproar from AFL minded people. No doubt if this gets off the ground it'll be interesting when they start to adopt parts of AFL X into the normal AFL season to make it more 'entertaining.' I'm actually intrested to see how this all pans out if it wasn't for the fact that the AFL will do whatever to undermine/hinder/stunt the growth of our game. 

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

Doesn't have to catch on. Just a start will impact our game. Football has limited pitches. Numbers wanting to play are beyond capacity. Councils know this. Governments know this yet still ask for proof of these facts. Enter the cashed up AFL, everyone has their price. 

No offence but your comments on AFL dont make much sense... because you are so biased against the game due to your perceptions of being something that is an outright enemy to soccer. Not that I am denying that AFL is obviously trying to prevent Soccer from eating into its market share.

(This is far enough - Obv I know I am the same when it comes to a number of topics discussed on this forum.)

You say that the High Scoring in AFL makes it less entertaining for Regular Supporters but all AFL fans will say that high scoring is one the thing that they all agree they like about the game and indeed believe the higher the scores the better the game.

Also considering AFL is one of the highest attended sports league in the world and the highest attended by females it seems High Scoring does to be some sort of a winning formula for the sport.

Edited by cadete

10 minutes ago, cadete said:

No offence but your comments on AFL dont make much sense... because you are so biased against the game due to your perceptions of being something that is an outright enemy to soccer. Not that I am denying that AFL is obviously trying to prevent Soccer from eating into its market share.

(This is far enough - Obv I know I am the same when it comes to a number of topics discussed on this forum.)

You say that the High Scoring in AFL makes it less entertaining for Regular Supporters but all AFL fans will say that high scoring is one the thing that they all agree they like about the game and indeed believe the higher the scores the better the game.

Also considering AFL is one of the highest attended sports league in the world and the highest attended by females it seems High Scoring does to be some sort of a winning formula for the sport.

You make it sound like I've got a vendetta against the AFL which is simply not true. Secondly its not bias as there's not much I can do if the majority of the efforts to thwart soccer comes from 1 sport alone. Unfortunately any time I broach the subject its the AFL that will more than likely be mentioned as a result of this. If any other sport does anything similar I'd be making the same comments.  

In regards to the high scoring I am saying the opposite of what you've written. Regular supporters will continue to want high scoring games. AFL X will bring in even higher scoring games than regular AFL which wont make it more appealing.  

8 minutes ago, n i k o said:

You make it sound like I've got a vendetta against the AFL which is simply not true. Secondly its not bias as there's not much I can do if the majority of the efforts to thwart soccer comes from 1 sport alone. Unfortunately any time I broach the subject its the AFL that will more than likely be mentioned as a result of this. If any other sport does anything similar I'd be making the same comments.  

In regards to the high scoring I am saying the opposite of what you've written. Regular supporters will continue to want high scoring games. AFL X will bring in even higher scoring games than regular AFL which wont make it more appealing.  

AFL X wont be a spectator sport tho; its designed as a feelgood sport you play to get you into the market. A bit like touch rugby. Everyone scores a goal type shit.

• Like 2

On 9 September 2016 at 11:22 AM, Pigs 2 said:

Kell Brook. Cannot express how much I respect him. Moving up in weight class and putting it all on the line against the scariest man in combat sports beside Zack Mwekassa. Huge balls on man. Fuck Canelo and all those other bums for ducking GGG 

The Kazakhstani killer was too good. Brooks corner threw in the towel round 5. If GGG was a heavyweight and didn't sound like Borat he would be a household name. 

13 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTDIM; that you fell for their marketing campaign hook, line and sinker.

BTW speaking of "New Coke" like mistakes by companies does anyone here drink that Green Coke?

I dont get the point of the stuff... you either want no sugar or some sugar not something that sits in between of the two.

1 minute ago, cadete said:

BTW speaking of "New Coke" like mistakes by companies does anyone here drink that Green Coke?

I dont get the point of the stuff... you either want no sugar or some sugar not something that sits in between of the two.

I was in Europe when it was launched there, about six months before here. It seemed to be really popular there but has bombed here.

You're on the ball though, Coke Zero for me all day every day.

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTDIM; that you fell for their marketing campaign hook, line and sinker.

I really dont think it was a marketing campaign, supposedly they spent a fair bit of money on the new production line to produce the new formula and I can't see them risking brand reputation to pull a silly stunt. 

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I was in Europe when it was launched there, about six months before here. It seemed to be really popular there but has bombed here.

You're on the ball though, Coke Zero for me all day every day.

Agreed...

Also its annoying how hard Coke Zero is to found in Europe, they usually only have Coke Light (Diet Coke) which over here is only drunk by women over thirty-five from what I can tell.

4 hours ago, cadete said:

Yeah I think I summed this one up perfectly previously:

On 16/04/2015 at 0:28 PM, Tesla said:

Why would I settle for 33% less sugar when I can have 100% less sugar?

This shit is a scam.

Edited by Tesla

5 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Was waiting for you to say "They've never been in the Champions League" by bringing up that they're a new club.

The old club despite all the fraud in the 90's still never even got into a Semi in The Champions League... and even Dundee United were able to do that.

On 9/14/2016 at 6:32 PM, Tesla said:

About as well as the Irish ones are.

But that has nothing to do with a Scottish club losing 7-0 in the Champions League.

I would like to see you tell someone in MCF that their "Australian Club" has nothing to do with Croatia.

Also at least my European Side is actually connected to my cultural background unlike yourself who supports a side that has nothing to do with Macedonia.

TTIM: Dudes whose FB Profile Pics are just different shots consisting of them posing alone often looking into the distance as they think its going to help them pick up... its like you dont look like a model mate you just look kind of creepy and like an arrogant dick or like you are in The Chainsmokers.

45 minutes ago, cadete said:

TTIM: Dudes whose FB Profile Pics are just different shots consisting of them posing alone often looking into the distance as they think its going to help them pick up... its like you dont look like a model mate you just look kind of creepy and like an arrogant dick or like you are in The Chainsmokers.

Det has clearly been on my facebook today :(