Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

Listening to the abuse being dished out by a drug fiend at Western hospital emergency. Friendly nurse walks in and asks how he is, his response "FUCK YOU YA FUCKING FAT MOLE FUCK" Then a few moments later "FUCK YOU TOO YOU FUCKING BLACK CUNT " echoing through the whole hospital.

Guessing you mean the Footscray one (they are all called 'Western Health' or w/e), but every time I've been to the Sunshine one it's the same story.

Always someone looking for fucking attention, bitches just collapsing in the middle of the emergency room or cunts walking in bleeding all over the floor making a scene. Fuck off, just let me wait my turn in peace.

Yeah Footscray. Sounds like we should have gone to Sunshine though from what the staff have said.

(what have I done wrong in life to have footscray and sunshine as my two nearest points of care)

Sunshine hospital is the main/biggest one AFAIK (fwiw, it's technically in St Albans, if that makes it sound any better). I think it's actually considered one of the better public hospitals in the state, fortunately the amount of scum people that visit it is not a measure of the hospital's standards.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

TTDIM: Iker Casillas foul throw. Shit bloke, shit club, shit throw-in.

LOL

TTIM: I once got done for three foul throws in like five minutes back in school, it was very embarrassing.

Some kent defender starting giving me massive lip for it and then I assisted a goal past him that then sealed us the game... I remember running past saying something along the lines of "I cant throw but I can pass ya dick".

Edited by cadete

Yeh I got done the other day, I still call bullshit tho.

It was definatly an awkward looking throw but it adhered to the rules.

Refuse to take them since then, I'm sure my full back fucking hates me for it too

If you spend any time playing lower levels and particularly junior levels, refs go nuts on foul throws. It wouldn't be exaggerating to have 10 foul throws given per game. Agree that alot of players have co-ordination issues, but it's just over zealous referring that serves no purpose.    

TTIM: The fact that several Climate Change Scientists (Gurus if you wish) proclaimed often back in the 2000's all the way up to 2008 that there would be no snow in Australia by 2015 and it snowed at Mt Macedon yesterday. :droy:

KUTGW Boys and Girls  :up:

NOTE: When was the last time you heard Tim Flannery's name these days... use to be all over the media back in the day that even Howard gave him awards.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

TTIM: The fact that several Climate Change Scientists (Gurus if you wish) proclaimed often back in the 2000's all the way up to 2008 that there would be no snow in Australia by 2015 and it snowed at Mt Macedon yesterday. :droy:

NOTE: When was the last time you heard Tim Flannery's name these days... use to be all over the media back in the day that even Howard gave him awards.

Sensationalist statements like that are the reason there are still skeptics.

Sensationalist statements like that are the reason there are still skeptics.

Exactly - ESP when these constant wrong predictions are made by PPL who hurl abuse at anyone who thinks slightly different to them as heretics. 

I remember during the Drought that basically every second article in The Age was about Climate Change... it got to the point where I felt I was going to read Collingwood lost because of Climate Change and then it rained a few years back and now its snowing in April in Ferntree Fucken Gully.

Still yet to see one person on this forum who believes that there is significant man made climate change produce a single shred of evidence.

I've asked multiple times for studies that prove this so called undeniable phenomenon.

I'm starting to think they're all just a bunch of fuckwits who believe whatever they hear in the media or read on the internet, without having any knowledge of the facts.

Lol jk, I didn't just start to think that was the case, I always knew it was the case.

If the majority of people weren't stupid sheep that just believe whatever they hear, they'd know it's far from a black and white issue.

My mind is blown how pretentious these people are, they don't know shit about climate change but think they know more than scientific experts, with degrees, who've done research, and who don't think there is significant man made climate change.

Leave the debate to the scientists, jut cause you have a few followers on Twitter doesn't make you an expert.

Still yet to see one person on this forum who believes that there is significant man made climate change produce a single shred of evidence.

I've asked multiple times for studies that prove this so called undeniable phenomenon.

I'm starting to think they're all just a bunch of fuckwits who believe whatever they hear in the media or read on the internet, without having any knowledge of the facts.

Lol jk, I didn't just start to think that was the case, I always knew it was the case.

If the majority of people weren't stupid sheep that just believe whatever they hear, they'd know it's far from a black and white issue.

My mind is blown how pretentious these people are, they don't know shit about climate change but think they know more than scientific experts, with degrees, who've done research, and who don't think there is significant man made climate change.

Leave the debate to the scientists, jut cause you have a few followers on Twitter doesn't make you an expert.

Here's one quick summary. Obviously the science hasn't been perfected, but there is shitloads of evidence that shows that humans are causing climate change. People do overdo it and make unrealistic claims, but it is just as ridiculous to try and say that it isn't happening. Climate change IS happening and humans ARE contributing to it, end of story.

EDIT: Forgot the link: http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Edited by GreenSeater
  • Like 1

http://www.tempdatareview.org/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/11561629/Top-scientists-start-to-examine-fiddled-global-warming-figures.html

http://www.ibtimes.com/climate-change-antarctic-ice-reveals-68000-years-history-hints-oceans-role-1903791

http://www.weather.com/science/environment/news/ozone-hole-closing-nasa

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-12/antarctic-sea-ice-record-coverage-causes-problems-for-supply/6464178

These are all from this year.

I think it can be agreed that pollution is inherently negative. I mean, who wants to be swimming in shit, ruin some gorgeous landscapes, etc.

However, I think it also needs to be said that the hysteria around saving the planet is completely out of proportion, and until many more years pass of accurate data collection and analysis, it will be impossible to draw any rock solid conclusions. It's pretty clear that all drastic statements do is lock in another year of generous funding for the various agencies.

In terms of developing 'green' technologies, it should be left to the private sector, with the government offering incentives for investing in the research and development. Without looking into it, I'm confident that the private sector is far more effective when it comes to innovation, when compared to government departments. By all means, continue to fund data collection projects, but leave the technology development to those who are going to do it efficiently.

The greens always say "listen to the scientists".

I'm a scientist and I have been and I'm yet to see any evidence that shows that man had made a impact on the earths climate. In both historical records and geological time the climate has varied quite a lot. That clearly wasn't due to man.

Whatever happened to scientific debate? That's what annoys me the most. shouting someone down or calling them a heretic is not a debate. Group think is not a healthy thing.

• Like 2

Ok lets have some more:

“Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.”

or how about this:

“A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.”

• Like 2

OK, one more and I'll give it a rest.

“We economists don't know much, but we do know how to create a shortage. If you want to create a shortage of tomatoes, for example, just pass a law that retailers can't sell tomatoes for more than two cents per pound. Instantly you'll have a tomato shortage. It's the same with oil or gas.”

(PS Australia had "an iron ore shortage" after the second world war.  Essentially this was because the govt had put a ceiling on the price (the logic was we didn't have much iron, so we could let it be exported, but the reality was if it couldn't be exported, it wasn't worth exploring for) - it was only after Lang Hancock convinced the pollies to ditch this that Iron ore was found on a huge scale and thus ended the "shortage".)

Milton Friedman 1912-2006 (Nobel Laurete)

• Like 2

My favourite :

"Fuck Keynes and anybody that love him" - Milton Friedman

Love that economist beef.

#teamfriedman

#keynesisacommunist

Having recently read Capitalism and Freedom I think the last one should be #everyonebutfriedmanisacommunist

Apart from Hayek.

"Friedman is a Keynesian" - Hayek (legit quote, and to be called a Keynesian back then basically was a way of calling someone a communist)

Fuck I love you Hayek you crazy Austrian motherfucker.

They didn't even have the balls to give him a Nobel prize by himself because he was so extreme, they made him share it with some left wing cunt to avoid the controversy.

Edited by Tesla

TTDIM: Not knowing who the fuck any of these people are

That belongs in TTIM. no, it definitely belongs here :up: Well this belongs in TTIM: university students who think ignorance is a virtue

We can't care about everything, we'd all go insane if we did. 

Is ignorance a virtue? I wouldn't say so. Am I happier not knowing everything? Absolutely.

I can get through a game, but apart from random knocks it's the back pain that follows that's the problem. Too much flexing during the game and headers and throw ins don't help.

I figure I have 2 things in common with Kennedy:

dodgy back and my pace off the mark.