Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

Self serve check-out lanes at woolworths :up:

This. No need for human interaction. And I like how you specified woolworths, as there self checkout is far superior to Coles for a few reasons:

So simple if you just want to withdraw money and not do any shopping, withdraw cash option available on the first screen, don't know if you can even jut withdraw money without shopping on the Coles ones

Paying by card is easier, you just click 'card' rather than having to select credit or debit like at Coles, then the rest is handled by the card machine which is the correct way to do things.

They ask you if you want to print a receipt, rather than just printing it like the Coles self checkout does.

Etc.

This. No need for human interaction. And I like how you specified woolworths, as there self checkout is far superior to Coles for a few reasons:

So simple if you just want to withdraw money and not do any shopping, withdraw cash option available on the first screen, don't know if you can even jut withdraw money without shopping on the Coles ones

Paying by card is easier, you just click 'card' rather than having to select credit or debit like at Coles, then the rest is handled by the card machine which is the correct way to do things.

They ask you if you want to print a receipt, rather than just printing it like the Coles self checkout does.

Etc.

I like for convenience of them as well and as back as 1999 when I worked at Coles as a kid I would use Supermarket Checkouts to withdraw exact amounts (Like $38.70 for example) and to not pay ATM fees.

However what I don't like about these lanes is how dodgy kents use and abuse them to steal petty items of food which ultimately just affects the price of groceries for the rest of us who are not thieves.

Edited by cadete

Etc.

I like for convenience of them as well and as back as 1999 when I worked at Coles as a kid I would use Supermarket Checkouts to withdraw exact amounts (Like $38.70 for example) and to not pay ATM fees.

However what I don't like about these lanes is how dodgy kents use and abuse them to steal petty items of food which ultimately just affects the price of groceries for the rest of us who are not thieves.

Seeds, seeds, seeds & nuts!

Etc.

FWIW, given the duopoly that exists, the effect on prices from people stealing wouldn't be much, the store would end up taking most of the hit.

Etc.

FWIW, given the duopoly that exists, the effect on prices from people stealing wouldn't be much, the store would end up taking most of the hit.

Still doesn't matter - Having worked at Coles for five years throughout School and Uni I have an in built dislike towards these scummy kents who steal from Supermarkets.

Then there is of course also my well known dislike towards frugal cheap kents in general which developed strongly during my time serving people at Coles who would follow the Girl with the Discount Sticker Gun around the store for half an hour to save $4 bucks.

Edited by cadete

I'm not a fan really.

Why should we pay the same amount to put our own groceries through?

Especially when the savings aren't being passed on because kents keep putting through steaks and other expensive shit as loose brown onions :hmm:

edit- The one good thing about them is the absence of guilt felt when paying with shrapnel. 

Edited by CJ_1337

Especially when the savings aren't being passed on because kents keep putting through steaks and other expensive shit as loose brown onions :hmm:

A loose brown onion is probably just as enjoyable as a Woolworths steak to be fair

What about a Masters Choc Honeycomb Super Shake?

I'm not a fan really.

edit- The one good thing about them is the absence of guilt felt when paying with shrapnel. 

Why should we have to pay less for an item just because we bag it ourselves? If that's the case i should get money off my next car service because i dropped the car there. Heaven forbid having to scan some items yourself, such a challenging job that is  :rolleyes:  I'd rather bag my own groceries then let some bloke behind a counter who doesn't give a fuck about his job stack them like shit.

As to your second point you're always going to have people who cheat the system, i know at woolworths they have people literally standing there at the machines so if people are cheating the system it's that persons fault for not doing their job properly. Surely a quick glance at a persons screen can solve that?

I'm not a fan really.

Why should we have to pay less for an item just because we bag it ourselves? If that's the case i should get money off my next car service because i dropped the car there. Heaven forbid having to scan some items yourself, such a challenging job that is  :rolleyes:  I'd rather bag my own groceries then let some bloke behind a counter who doesn't give a fuck about his job stack them like shit.

As to your second point you're always going to have people who cheat the system, i know at woolworths they have people literally standing there at the machines so if people are cheating the system it's that persons fault for not doing their job properly. Surely a quick glance at a persons screen can solve that?

1. Your analogy about getting your car serviced makes no sense - In fact it worries me that someone who can drive (As in a legal adult) came up with such an analogy.

2. Often the person monitoring the Self Service Checkout is a teenager who is too scared/or feels to awkward to make sure PPL are not stealing.  

Edited by cadete

I'm not a fan really.

1. Your analogy about getting your car serviced makes no sense - In fact it worries me that someone who can drive (As in a legal adult) came up with such an analogy.

2. Often the person monitoring the Self Service Checkout is a teenager who is too scared/or feels to awkward to make sure PPL are not stealing.  

1) Agreed. People who can't come up with good car analogies can't drive :droy: Whilst it wasn't the best analogy i was trying to say that just because you have to do a little bit more work as in packing your groceries doesn't mean you deserve a discount of them.

2) What a cop out. Whilst you're not going to catch every cunt stealing have some balls and try and pull some people up on it. Sorry if it's a bit 'awkward' it's called doing your job. 

I'm not a fan really.

1) Agreed. People who can't come up with good car analogies can't drive :droy: Whilst it wasn't the best analogy i was trying to say that just because you have to do a little bit more work as in packing your groceries doesn't mean you deserve a discount of them.

2) What a cop out. Whilst you're not going to catch every cunt stealing have some balls and try and pull some people up on it. Sorry if it's a bit 'awkward' it's called doing your job.

1. You still dont get it - Pls just stop posting. :droy:

2. As if a student CBF playing Robocop for $18 a hour if their Managers are not watching.

I'd rather bag my own groceries then let some bloke behind a counter who doesn't give a fuck about his job stack them like shit.

it's called doing your job. 

If I notice someone is mistreating my groceries whilst bagging them I am quick to pull them up on this and ask for a replacement product. 'Puneeta' at my local will attest to this after my gripe about her brusing my apples

I'd say the large amount of people utilising the self checkout option shows that people don't mind doing the 'work' themselves even if they don't receive a discount, as there are plenty of benefits already: pack your groceries how you want, usually no/less waiting time, can buy awkward shit without someone seeing (if you give a fuck, personally I kind of enjoy watching the cashier make it awkward by trying so hard to be professional when you're buying lube, condoms, etc. :lawl:)

• Like 1

I'd say the large amount of people utilising the self checkout option shows that people don't mind doing the 'work' themselves even if they don't receive a discount, as there are plenty of benefits already: pack your groceries how you want, usually no/less waiting time, can buy awkward shit without someone seeing (if you give a fuck, personally I kind of enjoy watching the cashier make it awkward by trying so hard to be professional when you're buying lube, condoms, etc. :lawl:)

My girlfriend is a checkout chick at Coles and she tells me how she struggles to keep a straight face when old people buy lube and condoms.

TTDIM: Getting a nice little bonus from work co-inciding with a wage buffer!  :wub:

TTDIM: Cloakcoin

Doubled my money in a few days.

Put all your money into Cloakcoin :up:

This information is not intended to constitute and should not be considered as financial advice, nor is it intended to substitute for obtaining financial advice from a competent, appropriate and independent financial advisor. This information is not designed or intended to provide authoritative financial, accounting, investment or other professional financial advice which may be reasonably relied on by its readers. If expert assistance in this area is required, the services of a qualified professional should be retained.

Edited by Tesla