Melbourne Football

WSW vs Melbourne City Friday 7:40 3rd April

Baka1

Well Niko you got your wish and Ramsay is on. I guess a proper left back.

Maybe I was dreaming that Clisby has been part of a defence that has helped us to 3 clean sheets in a row.

I made a statement that Clisbys touch has been the worst out of all the players over the last two games. Since when the fuck did I say my wish was for Ramsey to come on. Go back to bed silva.

• Like 1

Lucky to escape with a point.

Positives:

We escaped with a point. 3 poor games and 7 points from them

'arry. Chapeau to you.

Negatives

Yet another poor game

Kennedy not being used at all, very poor service to him

Poor game from Tando but still miles ahead of a Redmayne good game. I had my Heart in my mouth when he was flattened by Juric

Jaliens/Kisnorbo CB combo are too slow, we need Chapman there next week.

Sorry bela, but i disagree strongly with this.

Kennedy just doesn't work hard enough, i reckon he might of gotten into a jog maybe 3 times during the game. He applies no pressure on the defenders when they have the ball, hes just shot. Would start Williams or even Marino for him next game.

Why isn't Mooy taking the corners?

When you have Ramsay on, why would you want Mooy to take it? I know your reply/question was rhetorical, but it's because Ramsay is a shit cunt and could NEVER get the cross passed the first defender...But you didn't know that it was sarcastic?

A couple of quick thoughts:

1. I was happy with Paartalu tonight. The defence was struggling (full backs especially) and I thought he had some crucial interventions, even if he wasn't creating a lot.

2. Whatever we think about Kennedy and whether he's been a good signing, surely everyone would agree that the service he's been getting has been nothing short of criminal? He wasn't given a single decent opportunity inside the box all game. I can't even tell if his clapping is sarcastic or not. And as much as I like what Novillo has done for us, I think Kennedy and Duff would have meshed much better than Kennedy and Novillo.

• Like 1

In retrospect I am happy with a point but fucking hell, once again in such an important game we are flat and looking clueless.

The difference is that in past seasons we'd finish the season playing like this and lose every game, we've won 2 and drawn 1.

I know it's better, but still not good enough

• Like 1

Sorry bela, but i disagree strongly with this.

Kennedy just doesn't work hard enough, i reckon he might of gotten into a jog maybe 3 times during the game. He applies no pressure on the defenders when they have the ball, hes just shot. Would start Williams or even Marino for him next game.

You don't spend that sort of money on an Australian marquee and not play to his strengths.

In retrospect I am happy with a point but fucking hell, once again in such an important game we are flat and looking clueless.

The difference is that in past seasons we'd finish the season playing like this and lose every game, we've won 2 and drawn 1.

I know it's better, but still not good enough

it certainly isn't

1. I was happy with Paartalu tonight. The defence was struggling (full backs especially) and I thought he had some crucial interventions, even if he wasn't creating a lot.

2. Whatever we think about Kennedy and whether he's been a good signing, surely everyone would agree that the service he's been getting has been nothing short of criminal? He wasn't given a single decent opportunity inside the box all game. I can't even tell if his clapping is sarcastic or not. And as much as I like what Novillo has done for us, I think Kennedy and Duff would have meshed much better than Kennedy and Novillo.

Yep, Novillo is a selfish out-and-out striker type while Duff seemed happy to play for the team and provide service to the strikers. But both types are required in a team.
  • Like 1

Ramsay is definitely shit, but he got more shit when Aloisi shot his confidence by playing an attacking minded player as a full back. Ramsay's confidence should be higher considering he scored in two of his last three appearances so why would JvS bring him on at Left Back when we need to fucking win?

• Like 2

Yep, Novillo is a selfish out-and-out striker type while Duff seemed happy to play for the team and provide service to the strikers. But both types are required in a team.

I agree with that. Novillo's 'hold on to the ball with a bit of freestyle stuff and see what happens' routine certainly has its place, but what it seems to do is crowd the box and clog up the space that Kennedy could work into, whereas Duff would be bolting down the line and firing a cross in quickly, before the defence could get numbers back.

Maybe I was dreaming that Clisby has been part of a defence that has helped us to 3 clean sheets in a row.

I made a statement that Clisbys touch has been the worst out of all the players over the last two games. Since when the fuck did I say my wish was for Ramsey to come on. Go back to bed silva.

It's almost lunch time here Niko.

Well Ramsay is the alternative left back.

Clisby has no more bad touches than most of our players in the squad. That is my argument with you. So I guess we  will agree to disagree on that one.

Positives:

'arry. Chapeau to you.

Negatives

Yet another poor game

Poor game from Tando but still miles ahead of a Redmayne good game. I had my Heart in my mouth when he was flattened by Juric

Bela Jaliens and Paddy are slow, but they both are defending well.

Maybe we should look at playing Chapman in midfield? I don't know if he has ever played there before, but we need to change something there to get us playing better.

Why isn't Mooy taking the corners?

When you have Ramsay on, why would you want Mooy to take it? I know your reply/question was rhetorical, but it's because Ramsay is a shit cunt and could NEVER get the cross passed the first defender... But you didn't know that it was sarcastic?

Yeah, that's what I meant...

Positives:

'arry. Chapeau to you.

Negatives

Yet another poor game

Bela Jaliens and Paddy are slow, but they both are defending well.

Maybe we should look at playing Chapman in midfield? I don't know if he has ever played there before, but we need to change something there to get us playing better.

Sure, but WSW's tactics were simple, play the ball over the 2 CBs and utilise their fast forwards. Aliens is effective as RB, Chapman's pace means that opponents need to play through our back 4 rather than over the top. Jaliens positions himself well but will never win the footrace against a fast winger. Kisnorbo has improved his positioning that was terrible the first half of the season but his distribution is still woeful.

Edited by belaguttman

Well IMO we've escaped with a point and realistically that's more than we could have expected. We're still riddled with injuries, and back to the situation where the match-day squad virtually picks itself. Not a single natural defender on the bench. We just look a complete rabble when compared to the teams we are playing against. Thank goodness at least Safuwan and Chapman should be available next week to give us some flexibility.

Brisbane have an away match against Suwon on Wednesday, and then they are away to Adelaide on Saturday. At this stage I'm comfortable with having the extra six points on the board rather than the game in hand.

Edited by jw1739

Clisby has no more bad touches than most of our players in the squad. That is my argument with you. So I guess we  will agree to disagree on that one.

It may be lunch but I still stand by you going back to bed :up:

It may be lunch but I still stand by you going back to bed :up:

Going for a drink mate to celebrate our point. Hope to catch up with you as you have obviously had a few :)

• Like 1

Let's be honest, WSW are playing for nothing but that really just allows them to be as free as possible. We were in the same position mid last season and we also got results.

We didn't play well tonight yet still get a draw. Terrible conditions didn't help, but we do definitely need to improve our fluency.

That goal from Harry was exactly what we needed to see from him after a few weeks of promising but wasteful attacking moves.

• Like 4