Melbourne Football

Round 16: Vs The other "One Team in Melbourne"???, 7th February, 7:30pm

Peter

We need to spread those who would be in active to the GA areas above us to mention bring along those who couldnt get active tickets to sit also in the GA areas above us.

you guys want the Man City lot to go away, than do what I say, bring your friends, some of the active people to go up to Level 3 and start chanting with whats happening below, we need the noise from above as well considering we're outnumbered in an away game.

Its actually pretty hard to hear the away active section when sitting behind them in GA, especially with the seats pulled in next to the pitch. Would genuinely be about 70 metres away.

Mong families will sit there inadvertently, destroying any hope we have of getting any kind of organised support on level 3. Even then, 95% of our supporters in GA are not willing to chant most of the time anyway. 

Saturday, 7 February 2015

Melbourne Victory v Melbourne City FC

Etihad Stadium, Melbourne

Kick-Off: 7:30 PM (Local) (7:30 PM AEDT)

Referee: Peter Green

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 10.Robert KOREN, 11.Damien DUFF, 15.David WILLIAMS, 16.Joshua KENNEDY, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 22.Jack CLISBY, 24.Patrick KISNORBO, 25.Jacob MELLING, 29.Safuwan BAHARUDIN, 40.Marko STEVANJA (GK)

*One to be omitted*

Ins: 16.Josh KENNEDY, 20.Tando VELAPHI (gk) (fitness test)

Outs: 19.Ben GARUCCIO (ankle – 2-3 weeks)

Unavailable: 3.Robbie WIELAERT (ankle 2-3 weeks),14.James BROWN (knee – 1-2 weeks), 19.Ben GARUCCIO (ankle – 2-3 weeks), 23.Mate DUGANDZIC (knee – 1-2 weeks)

Unmentionables: Stefan Mauk, Paulo Retre, Marc Marino and Jonaton Germano.

I reckon Germano's been given the bad news...looking forward to the Jeronimo Neumann announcement!  ;)

Very interesting that he hasn't been mentioned.

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 10.Robert KOREN, 11.Damien DUFF, 15.David WILLIAMS, 16.Joshua KENNEDY, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 22.Jack CLISBY, 24.Patrick KISNORBO, 25.Jacob MELLING, 29.Safuwan BAHARUDIN, 40.Marko STEVANJA (GK)

*One to be omitted*

Unavailable: 3.Robbie WIELAERT (ankle 2-3 weeks),14.James BROWN (knee – 1-2 weeks), 19.Ben GARUCCIO (ankle – 2-3 weeks), 23.Mate DUGANDZIC (knee – 1-2 weeks)

I reckon Germano's been given the bad news...looking forward to the Jeronimo Neumann announcement!  ;)

wasn't mentioned for rd 15 either, wish the club could give updates

*One to be omitted*

I have a massive soft spot for Germano. Really feel for the bloke as he is a quality footballer. Shame his body has let him down.

Would love though to see Neumann playing for us though. Gives us some attacking options who are actually dangerous.

• Like 1

*One to be omitted*

Unless he's suffered another injury, I'm not sure it really makes sense. He'd finally come back and got on the park for two A-League games. Sure, he hadn't set the world on fire, but what did they expect, after he'd managed 10 minutes for the entire season? If he's healthy, why get rid of him now?

Is this neumanm thing legit? or people just dreaming?

I have confirmed so its official.

2 derby i'm missing this season so we'll probably score a 93rd minute winner from a scissor kick 30m's out or some shit

Missing it due to what boy??

For a 21st unfourtuantly mate. Missed the last derby for the exact same reason. The game will be on a t.v there but it won't be the same :(

Is this neumanm thing legit? or people just dreaming?

I have confirmed so its official.

2 derby i'm missing this season so we'll probably score a 93rd minute winner from a scissor kick 30m's out or some shit

Missing it due to what boy??

For a 21st unfourtuantly mate. Missed the last derby for the exact same reason. The game will be on a t.v there but it won't be the same :(

For the same person?

• Like 2

Article by matt windley suggested kennedy off the bench but melling cant be dropped so koren looks like he is going to play a roaming am role on the left wing like villa and broich did/do

Pretty much what I thought would happen. Melling is way too good to be dropped

Interesting that we move our marquee because a 19-y-o on perhaps 10% of the salary is too good to lose his position.

Edited by jw1739

Article by matt windley suggested kennedy off the bench but melling cant be dropped so koren looks like he is going to play a roaming am role on the left wing like villa and broich did/do

Pretty much what I thought would happen. Melling is way too good to be dropped

Interesting that we move our marquee because a 19-y-o on perhaps 10% of the salary is too good to lose his position.

No chance in hell Melling is on 10% of Koren's salary. More like 5. Interesting point though. I think it's more a point of a lack of depth and ability in our front 3.

Pretty much what I thought would happen. Melling is way too good to be dropped Interesting that we move our marquee because a 19-y-o on perhaps 10% of the salary is too good to lose his position.

No chance in hell Melling is on 10% of Koren's salary. More like 5. Interesting point though. I think it's more a point of a lack of depth and ability in our front 3.

It's probably because the marquee is more versatile than the teenager, which is what you would expect at the respective stages of their careers.

• Like 1

OUT: Redmayne, Ramsay, Garuccio

IN: Velaphi, Williams, Clisby

BOOM

How can Williams and Clisby come in to a squad they were already in? He's talking about the starting XI.

Cheers. Apart from the GK, should be pretty obvious. Starting to become quite settled.

Do we know much about stevanja?

Said it ages ago, played a season with him in U16's and was pretty good, shot stopper, commanding the area and saved more pens than he let in. 

Was decent on the ball but only downside was tried to do spectacular saves too much

Would imagine he's improved in the 3+ years he's been with the youth team (previously victory) 

Can't imagine him being any worse than redmayne, if anyone's watched him for the youth team that'd be good

Semi silly question. Standard pub?

Bev n Mick's as always for the away derbies.

Love pre drinks at bev and micks.

Give's everyone a good excuse to chat to everyone since its so compact. I feel that at the Imp, people go into theyre own groups a little more.

Spewing im missing it

• Like 1

According to Oracle Sports Management we were on the point of signing a GK on a short-term injury replacement deal, but put that on hold. We've gambled on Velaphi being fit and we've lost. If this is true then very disappointing and another example of poor squad management.

• Like 1

According to Oracle Sports Management we were on the point of signing a GK on a short-term injury replacement deal, but put that on hold. We've gambled on Velaphi being fit and we've lost. If this is true then very disappointing and another example of poor squad management.

Not really. if he had a fitness test this week, he's probably right to go next week so he's missed one game.

Considering we have no idea who this replacement is I don't know how you can judge tbh....

• Like 5

If City were going to sign a third senior GK then that says to me they have no confidence in one or more of the three GKs already on the books. With a difficult second half of the season in front of us I call it poor squad management if we are relying on Velaphi to be fit for every game remaining.

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/vant-schip-we-can-beat-anyone/hbn6e31hilwi1gk7b5w5q6sps

Edited by jw1739