Melbourne Football

That F word.

Jovan

I think the first week of finals is meant to be 3v6 Friday night & 4v5 Sunday afternoon. But with Adelaide in 4th and there being a showdown on the Sunday, you'd think the FFA won't go that way.

Fingers crossed they wont fixture it on a Sunday. Would be utter stupidity by the FFA to take on a showdown.

Not to mention if Wellington finish 4th, you'd be giving them less time to recover as they play on the Sunday

Emailed the club about tickets and this is what i got back:

Please note that brief information as to the processes will be provided to members later this week from the Club in regards to how finals ticketing will work leading forward throughout the Hyundai A-League Finals series via e-newsletter and website updates.

Members will indeed be offered a priority purchase window before the general public. This will be released working with the FFA following Melbourne City FC’s Round 27 position.

Not sure how much that helps guys, but thought i'd forward this on.

Also asked about the possibility of the club organising buses for the supporters if we play Adelaide.

Got told.... Working on it but nothing cemented just yet

Mel from the club is usually pretty straight forward when i speak to her so i have a feeling there might be something organized by the club, but cant say until we know for sure.

• Like 1

Given our major sponsor works closely with qantas... and the players need to fly up, why not have them in business class and the fans in the back, might work out better. just saying.

Imagine that.

Bloody would be insane and i bet the players would get a kick out the supporters chanting through the whole flight.

Might be hard to split the terrace though

• Like 1

lol i'd imagine everyone would join in!... except the SSRBB who'd be at the rear of the plan and have there back turned to the rest, jumping up and down.

But on a serious note: that would show a good unity throughout the club and massive browny points from fans towards the club.

• Like 1

Given our major sponsor works closely with qantas... and the players need to fly up, why not have them in business class and the fans in the back, might work out better. just saying.

Imagine that.

Bloody would be insane and i bet the players would get a kick out the supporters chanting through the whole flight.

Might be hard to split the terrace thoughMake it happen Sheikh!

Imagine that.

Might be hard to split the terrace though

Trip back might be interesting.

Still no idea when we're going to play, ffa might need to change a game to the saturday

Can't see FFA making wellington play friday 9:30 local time or sunday 7:00 just for tv audience if they finish 3rd

brisbane have acl on the tuesday after so a potential wellington game on sunday looks unlikely

Still no idea when we're going to play, ffa might need to change a game to the saturday

Can't see FFA making wellington play friday 9:30 local time or sunday 7:00 just for tv audience if they finish 3rd

brisbane have acl on the tuesday after so a potential wellington game on sunday looks unlikely

I think that will depend on if that game on Tuesday is a live one and i have a feeling it probably wont be as they play in China tonight.

Well I'm willing to pay up to $200 (taking this cash out of the wedding money box). Anything beyond that would be suss.

Have been putting $50 away every week for the last 7 weeks just in case we got to play in a final the misses and i could travel too.

We already have the flights covered. Just need cash for accomidation and drinks.

if it's a Friday night game, I'll either fly or leave early on Friday morning( possible car share) 

Sunday , forget about 

I'm in for Friday or Sunday now.

The boss has given me th RDO for the Friday, but said if it end up falling on the Sunday, that i can just change it to Monday

Top bloke my boss :up:

I rate us as about a 6% chance to win the dunny seat.

The way I see it (& this might be optimistic) we are a 40% chance of winning an away game. So that's .4x.4x.4.

33.33333% chance to win any game. Edited by Jovan

Melling won't be playing during the Finals Series due to a knee injury. He underwent surgery on Monday.

Sounds like they might be doing a clean up from the last operation a few weeks ago

I don't like the sound of this. IIRC he had arthroscopic surgery last time around. He took a lot longer to recover than originally expected. Now it's another operation.

And now I see it's another "training injury." That raises more questions in my mind about the way we manage our club.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Melling won't be playing during the Finals Series due to a knee injury. He underwent surgery on Monday.

Sounds like they might be doing a clean up from the last operation a few weeks ago

I don't like the sound of this. IIRC he had arthroscopic surgery last time around. He took a lot longer to recover than originally expected. Now it's another operation.

And now I see it's another "training injury." That raises more questions in my mind about the way we manage our club.

Perhaps our players were accustomed to shit grounds where now we have the the best pitch in Oz and we are getting all these training injuries. At least Germano is liking the new pitch.

ffs, i was looking forward to seeing Melling back in the squad. We must have the worst injury record in the league, i honestly can't remember a time where we've had a fully fit squad for 3-4 consecutive matches. It makes it almost impossible to win something when you don't have a full squad to select from for at least 1/3 of the season

Edited by heart_fan10

ffs, i was looking forward to seeing Melling back in the squad. We must have the worst injury record in the league, i honestly can't remember a time where we've had a fully fit squad for 3-4 consecutive matches. It makes it almost impossible to win something when you don't have a full squad to select from for at least 1/3 of the season

no one gets a fully fit squad for 3-4 consecutive matches. NO-ONE

• Like 1