Melbourne Football

Round 13: Newcastle v. City, Tuesday 30th Dec, K.O. 5.00 p.m.

jw1739

Credit to JVS for actually making the changes needed in recent weeks, we pretty much all unanimously agreed that our front 3 was poor last week so what has he done this week? Replaced the entire front 3. 

Pity it took him a couple of months before realising he needed to make weekly changes.

No. No fucking credit to him for waiting until it's so fucking obvious that the team needs a shake up he almost lost his job because of it.

It's only now that he is doing what we have been saying needs to happen over and over again that we are showing some balls.

3-0

• Like 3

Credit to JVS for actually making the changes needed in recent weeks, we pretty much all unanimously agreed that our front 3 was poor last week so what has he done this week? Replaced the entire front 3. 

Pity it took him a couple of months before realising he needed to make weekly changes.

No. No fucking credit to him for waiting until it's so fucking obvious that the team needs a shake up he almost lost his job because of it.

It's only now that he is doing what we have been saying needs to happen over and over again that we are showing some balls.

3-0

Couldn't agree more.

3-0

You mustn't have made it to my last sentence

3-0

You mustn't have made it to my last sentence

I did. But I don't think he deserves any credit at all. He painted himself into a corner until the only option left was the one we have been wanting all along. And look at the difference.

Good work to get to halftime without letting one in. Not ideal to let the Jets take the ascendancy in general play, but I think it would have been pretty rare not to give a goal back before the break under that sort of pressure in the bad old days.

Get the control back when you get back out and put it beyond doubt.

3-0 You mustn't have made it to my last sentence

I did. But I don't think he deserves any credit at all. He painted himself into a corner until the only option left was the one we have been wanting all along. And look at the difference.

He didn't have to drop all 3 of our starting forwards from last week though but he did and it's clearly paid dividends. I'm no JVS apologist and I admit I wanted him out earlier in the season but I'm just glad he's finally starting to do good things for this club, that's all.

Hopefully he pushes the lads to go out and snag a few more goals and defend more professionally this half as we looked a little vulnerable towards the back end of the half.

• Like 1

Don't think Melling will be on for long if at all in the second half. Looks like getting another yellow, needs to be subbed. Probably drop Koren back into the middle and Williams to number 9.

No midfielder on the bench and Koren probably can't make 90min. Definite problem.

We all love Jake but he is a red card waiting to happen