Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Mooy isn't leaving in this window. He's waiting till seasons end because of his daughter.

franjic was injuried last week so he's not going anywhere

Paartalu is on the way out after they got a transfer offer from an Asian club. Don't know which club, said to be leaving in the coming weeks. That's why we want malik, to play him as DM.

1 hour ago, silva10 said:

Of course there is Dylan. It won't be money that persuades the club to sell, because they simply don't need it. Unless a player goes directly to the club to say he wants to leave right now, there will be zero chance they leave before the summer.

Also there is no way the club are going to pull all three out of the team for an important game like Sydney, just because they received some offers. Conspiracy theory comes to mind.

Malik is better anyway. What else you got?

Edited by Dylan

Just now, Dylan said:

Well post was pretty straight to the point, suggests has some inside information 

IMO there is no way the club is going to keep three players out of this game, just because they have received some offers. The post also said no offers had been accepted. Until a deal is agreed, players will keep playing for the club where they are.

Now I have no knowledge of where he has got his info from, but I do not see the club selling Franjic and Mooy before the summer. Simply because the owners want to see the team succeed. It may be different with Paartalu, if as it seems likely we sign Malik. However, I will still be surprised to see him move back to Asia. 

4 minutes ago, silva10 said:

IMO there is no way the club is going to keep three players out of this game, just because they have received some offers. The post also said no offers had been accepted. Until a deal is agreed, players will keep playing for the club where they are.

Now I have no knowledge of where he has got his info from, but I do not see the club selling Franjic and Mooy before the summer. Simply because the owners want to see the team succeed. It may be different with Paartalu, if as it seems likely we sign Malik. However, I will still be surprised to see him move back to Asia. 

Im not referring to them leaving them out of the game because they are on the way out. I was saying that the post suggested they have an inside source and was asking if they had anything else. 

Anyway if all the rumors are true here is the team

Sorenson

Franjic    Hughes    Kisnorbo    Zullo

Malik

Mauk        Mooy

Troisi           Tuna                 Novillo

I'm moist. 

Edited by Dylan

6 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Im not referring to them leaving them out of the game because they are on the way out. I was saying that the post suggested they have an inside source and was asking if they had anything else. 

Anyway if all the rumors are true here is the team

Sorenson

Franjic    Hughes    Kisnorbo    Zullo

Malik

Mauk        Mooy

Troisi           Tuna                 Novillo

I'm moist. 

I didn't see his first post when he says all three were left out because of offers received. So he is clearly linking the two which I don't believe would happen.

Also he says that Mooy wants to be sold, but stay in Melbourne until the summer. Okay, we will sell you in the summer. So why would he be left out if not injured?

Would Franjic really leave to go to a second rate league in Europe before summer? 

I was also under the impression Paartalu didn't enjoy his stint in China. Would he really want to go back to Asia?

He may have a source, but doesn't say if it is inside info on the two posts I have read.

I just think the three players mentioned would rather see the season out with us to see if they can win something.

I will hold my hands up if they do move before the summer.

27 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Need to remember Williams was left out as well.

Would CFG sabotage a game by leaving 4 players out for commercial reasons?

Given their track record I wouldn't put it past them, even though it would be beyond stupid.

What's this track record?

I can't see City leaving out players without good reason. A look at the table shows that we're the most entertaining side in terms of goals by a big margin. Six of the teams are barely getting one goal a match. And despite our defensive woes we're equal with the top two sides on goal difference. So I can't see them deliberately hurting the image that we're slowly building. A huge record crowd for Big Bash across the road and we still got over 10,000 for our match - OK not wonderful, but deserves a credit.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I can't see City leaving out players without good reason. A look at the table shows that we're the most entertaining side in terms of goals by a big margin. Six of the teams are barely getting one goal a match. And despite our defensive woes we're equal with the top two sides on goal difference. So I can't see them deliberately hurting the image that we're slowly building. A huge record crowd for Big Bash across the road and we still got over 10,000 for our match - OK not wonderful, but deserves a credit.

How does a Club pick up this many injuries in a week to our gun players, who normally don't have a history of injuries, except Paartalu.

4 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I think you've cracked the code with that picture :up: 

I'm not even sure what the answer to it is anymore :tooth:

17 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

Anyone else realise that all the lads that were mentioned above that are heading elsewhere, including Williams, were all wearing suits last night?

Franjic however was not. 

Screen Shot 2016-01-03 at 12.19.30 pm.png

Mooy's tie is pointing towards the AAMI Park exit whereas at first glance David Williams' tie is firmly strapped and buttoned down, however he's looking towards the exit. THIS MUST BE HUGELY SIGNIFICANT:)

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Yes, 10,000 is a comparative indication of where we sit on the entertainment ladder but in the Heart days we would attracted a crowd of 2,000

2 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

Illuminati confirmed

No silly, it means that Mooy has just had the alien anal probe and David Williams is next.

1 minute ago, belaguttman said:

Yes, 10,000 is a comparative indication of where we sit on the entertainment ladder but in the Heart days we would attracted a crowd of 2,000

Does anyone know our lowest and highest attendance?

I know the highest was against Newcastle when Villa played, what were the number for both high and low?

2 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

No silly, it means that Mooy has just had the alien anal probe and David Williams is next.

I'll send an email to the Club to ban all ties, suits even

3 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Mooy's tie is pointing towards the AAMI Park exit whereas at first glance David Williams' tie is firmly strapped and buttoned down, however he's looking towards the exit. THIS MUST BE HUGELY SIGNIFICANT:)

Let's not dismiss the fact that they have both hands in their pockets which can be a sign of dissatisfaction. Clearly on the way out. 

• Like 1

So my seat wouldn't recline properly on my Etihad flight from Manchester to Abu Dhabi and I got bumped up to business class as there was no more space in economy. Anyway, I was conveniently seated next to a prominent CFG personality (don't think there was any first class on this flight hence why they were in business class). 

Can confirm Mooy is gone. A-league transfer record broken. Will be most likely playing in the Premier League next season but of course no one can say for sure with promotion/relegation especially this season. Would be surprised if his team weren't in the Premier League next season though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, silva10 said:

Sorry but I don't believe a word of it. The fact of the matter is that all three players are contracted to the club and whilst I am sure they wouldn't want to stop them if they can enhance their careers, what will be paramount is success for Melbourne this year. So that is why I am 100% sure they will all see the season out. 

Our owners don't have to sell because they have plenty of money. I also question if Paartalu would want to go back to Asia, especially has he has over two years on his contract.

Also do you really believe the club is going to withdraw three players from our team on the basis they have had offers from other clubs? It simply wouldn't happen.

Contracts mean nothing $$$$ mean everything!!! If you got poached from one of your work rivals and they offered you an extra 30k would you say no i can i have a contract?

Yes you do withdraw players providing the players wants to entertain the offer!! If the player has no interest in the offer they play ..... simple!!!

Franjic couldnt give a shit about city he only signed for us to move on to Europe.

Edited by AntiScum

35 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Franjic couldnt give a shit about city he only signed for us to move on to Europe.

Hmmm not from what I've seen on the pitch. The guy runs himself into the ground week in, week out. Heard he's had a niggle for a while and has been pulling up sore, limiting his ability to train mid-week. Can't return to the starting 11 quick enough. 

42 minutes ago, Tesla said:

So my seat wouldn't recline properly on my Etihad flight from Manchester to Abu Dhabi and I got bumped up to business class as there was no more space in economy. Anyway, I was conveniently seated next to a prominent CFG personality (don't think there was any first class on this flight hence why they were in business class). 

Can confirm Mooy is gone. A-league transfer record broken. Will be most likely playing in the Premier League next season but of course no one can say for sure with promotion/relegation especially this season. Would be surprised if his team weren't in the Premier League next season though. 

The million dollar question is will he see out the season? I dont care if he moves on at the end of the season but mid way through a season is a kick in the teeth to supporters.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Imperial Pints said:

Hmmm not from what I've seen on the pitch. The guy runs himself into the ground week in, week out. Heard he's had a niggle for a while and has been pulling up sore, limiting his ability to train mid-week. Can't return to the starting 11 quick enough. 

i know a close mate of his and his more interested in $$$$ than being at city. He should of learnt his lesson from moving to Russia. No doubt he move overseas and the same thing will happen and hell be back in Australia before he knows it.

15 minutes ago, drewmelbcity said:

The million dollar question is will he see out the season? I dont care if he moves on at the end of the season but mid way through a season is a kick in the teeth to supporters.

He has asked to stay and i was told the buying club have accepted his requested because of his daughter and wife.

2 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

i know a close mate of his and his more interested in $$$$ than being at city. He should of learnt his lesson from moving to Russia. No doubt he move overseas and the same thing will happen and hell be back in Australia before he knows it.

Could you blame him? Only get so many good years playing football and the Aleague cap is so low. In fact you could say its so low that its only really to pay visa players and to keep aus players surviving until they can get an overseas move. 

Edited by Dylan

It was interesting to read Steven Gerrard's comments that he now wishes that he'd spent time getting his coaching licences rather than wasting it in pubs and that Liverpool offered him nothing and had no pathway in place to retain valued players and help them with the next phase of their career. City could take a leaf from a cycling team like Drapac that take on riders on the condition that they are studying or learning a trade and assist them to make that transition at the end of their professional careers. We should be targeting specific players and offering them long-term deals (like we have done with Clint Bolton) that ties them to the team long-term in return for professional security after their playing days are over. We should have a coaching academy not just a playing academy. It would be a great way to keep players like Franjic or even Mooy long-term

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, belaguttman said:

It was interesting to read Steven Gerrard's comments that he now wishes that he'd spent time getting his coaching licences rather than wasting it in pubs and that Liverpool offered him nothing and had no pathway in place to retain valued players and help them with the next phase of their career. City could take a leaf from a cycling team like Drapac that take on riders on the condition that they are studying or learning a trade and assist them to make that transition at the end of their professional careers. We should be targeting specific players and offering them long-term deals (like we have done with Clint Bolton) that ties them to the team long-term in return for professional security after their playing days are over. We should have a coaching academy not just a playing academy. It would be a great way to keep players like Franjic or even Mooy long-term

This should be every club in the world. You cant blame Mooy (or anyone else for that matter) for wanting to test himself in Europe.

Too many good players are lost after they call it a day and meanwhile our juniors are bought up by clueless coaches.

1 minute ago, AntiScum said:

This should be every club in the world. You cant blame Mooy (or anyone else for that matter) for wanting to test himself in Europe.

Too many good players are lost after they call it a day and meanwhile our juniors are bought up by clueless coaches.

If he's tied into a CFG mentoring and training programme then he's more likely to return here that he would to any other HAL franchise. It would also attract more players.

• jw1739 pinned this topic