Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

21 minutes ago, playmaker said:

How much is that?

Well if what Bruno is rumoured to be on ($1.3mil) is correct, then $650,000 for the half season, less any excess that would be applicable to the payout.

FWIW i dont think we'll get a striker as an injury replacement, if we get one at all. I'd suggest we'd go for a right winger to compliment Cahill upfront. I'm still not convinced hes going to be out any longer than the first 3 or 4 games and as such, we would struggle to attract anyone of a decent enough quality for such a short stint.

Edit : Perhaps this is an opportunity to get a NYC player in as it will be off season for them around that time in Oct. Villa anyone?

Edited by bt50
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

Well if what Bruno is rumoured to be on ($1.3mil) is correct, then $650,000 for the half season, less any excess that would be applicable to the payout.

FWIW i dont think we'll get a striker as an injury replacement, if we get one at all. I'd suggest we'd go for a right winger to compliment Cahill upfront. I'm still not convinced hes going to be out any longer than the first 3 or 4 games and as such, we would struggle to attract anyone of a decent enough quality for such a short stint.

Edit : Perhaps this is an opportunity to get a NYC player in as it will be off season for them around that time in Oct. Villa anyone?

city group could also just send through someone from outers of the manchester squad and it wouldnt cost them anything extra in wages.  they would pocket the insurance.

but seriously, we have cahill.  we need a RB more than anything.

1 hour ago, nah brah said:

city group could also just send through someone from outers of the manchester squad and it wouldnt cost them anything extra in wages.  they would pocket the insurance.

but seriously, we have cahill.  we need a RB more than anything.

Yeh we get it mate, you don't rate Muscat.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nah brah said:

who does?  im just surprised that no one else seems to be concerned about his place in the team.  maybe a lot of people missed last season.

Well some people have other concerns as in different parts on the pitch, in wingers and linking midfield up with attack. And there's people who believe our squad is just really good and full of depth.

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Well some people have other concerns as in different parts on the pitch, in wingers and linking midfield up with attack. And there's people who believe our squad is just really good and full of depth.

not bringing in another RB to replace franjic does mean that the young guy pierias might get a bit more of a run.  i think our squad is decent all over the park outside of muscat. even with fornaroli out.  i dont think we are as well balanced as sydney last season.  we have a good team, but i dont think we have the team to take the title.

Edited by nah brah
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

All quiet on the Budzinski front, is there any recent news?

All guesswork, but if he had a medical last week in Manchester as we are led to believe, I'd imagine he's in the process of getting over here for a formal photocall and announcement.  Maybe early next week??

Edited by fensaddler

9 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

That would be a fantastic signing tbh

Edit: No it wouldn't haha, he's injured rn

He suffered an ACL injury in April which is most likely why no one signed him hence why he's still a free agent. He may be able to recover by October but it's a big risk for us and himself particularly cos our pitches can cause further injuries.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

He suffered an ACL injury in April which is most likely why no one signed him hence why he's still a free agent. He may be able to recover by October but it's a big risk for us and himself particularly cos our pitches can cause further injuries.

True, however we have the world famous Germano Treatment Centre, and he'd be here for the first half of the season and we're expecting normal spring rainfall so the pitches shouldn't be rock hard like they can be by Feb

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Is it when you have Cahill that can play backup though?

It might be one of those risks we can take that has a high reward, but if it doesnt pay off we've got a good backup. This guy is a freak and scores for fun, and tbh i'm sure the club wont take him on if they're not reasonably confident he'll hold up.

It's definitely an interesting one, and tbh there's absolutely no-one better that we could expect at this stage of the build-up as an injury replacement imo.

In saying that, i think its unlikely because a ) he's still good enough to get a gig in Europe's big leagues once he's right and b ) an injury replacement contract in Australia couldnt be that appealing to someone of that quality

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Hold on, so this rumour is about getting an injured player as an injury replacement.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Hold on, so this rumour is about getting an injured player as an injury replacement.

I can't believe that this signing will go ahead. He's had four major knee injuries, three to his right knee and now a torn ACL in his left knee (April 2017). Just doesn't make sense. Surely CFG can do better than this (and I don't mean in terms of their financial resources).

17 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Is it when you have Cahill that can play backup though?

It might be one of those risks we can take that has a high reward, but if it doesnt pay off we've got a good backup. This guy is a freak and scores for fun, and tbh i'm sure the club wont take him on if they're not reasonably confident he'll hold up.

It's definitely an interesting one, and tbh there's absolutely no-one better that we could expect at this stage of the build-up as an injury replacement imo.

In saying that, i think its unlikely because a ) he's still good enough to get a gig in Europe's big leagues once he's right and b ) an injury replacement contract in Australia couldnt be that appealing to someone of that quality

Agree with most of the post.

Rossi is a freak (on the rare occasions he isn't injured) and despite his injury record could still get a decent contract in a top league, can't really see why he'd sign down here. From our perspective as well, using an injury replacement on a walking injury is an incredibly risky move, even if he is a high quality player.

14 minutes ago, bt50 said:

This guy is a freak and scores for fun, and tbh i'm sure the club wont take him on if they're not reasonably confident he'll hold up.

he's still good enough to get a gig in Europe's big leagues once he's right

If he is fit, it will be the greatest signing in the A-league ever. This guy is a freak.

Just now, bt50 said:

Well i guess he could technically come as an injury replacement for the first half of the season, and then once Bruno is back he signs on as the 14 game guest marquee

If he does sign then there is no doubt the club would have had the lawyers work something out. Like, Injury replacement, Huge guest contract, rest of the season under the cap, you can drive a bus through the FFA regs in regards to the cap so its def possible .

OR you could think of it like its a few games for him to put him self in the shop window since he was released and coming back from injury and thats why he came (if he does).

• jw1739 pinned this topic