Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

“We know the Club wants to go places,” he said. “We’re looking to bring in quality signings and I feel this season we’ve done that. Keeping Bruno as well, it’s a massive coup for the Club with his record-breaking season.”

- See more at: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/kilkenny-we-want-to-go-places/mfq1duk8prja1gywnkgc53hl0#sthash.V7QtpjK3.rqILpUmo.dpuf
Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/kilkenny-we-want-to-go-places/mfq1duk8prja1gywnkgc53hl0#5EZRjCjdevHPuArW.99

Kilkenny seems to be confirming further signings

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Is that a senior signing or youth? I don't remember an announcement. 

The only "announcement" was seeing his name in the FFA Cup report. There's been nothing formal from the club. Could be an injury replacement for Franjic? Club is falling down on "squad news" - as it has done in the past.

22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The only "announcement" was seeing his name in the FFA Cup report. There's been nothing formal from the club. Could be an injury replacement for Franjic? Club is falling down on "squad news" - as it has done in the past.

What's likely occurred here is that Clarke has been signed up to the NPL Team for the meantime, with the carrot of an injury replacement squad spot if he performs over the next month. That also keeps the injury replacement spot open for a bit longer if someone was to bob up that requires more coin down the track ie Luke Wilkshere.

Given we dont usually announce NPL signings, that would be consistent.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, rass said:

Calling our Manchester friends on the forum. 

Any of you guys aware of any new players training with MC at the moment? I.e. going through fitness assessments, etc, for a possible trip to us?

Haven't heard anything (certainly didn't hear about Jakobsen) but then the lower-profile signings for Melbourne City often pass me by.

• Like 1

When would be the last time an A-League club signed someone direct from a club such as Boca? It's how we'll grow our club and the league by signing players like Colazo, whatever their position. Hope the rumour is true.

1280px-Estadio_de_Boca_Juniors.jpg

"La Bombonera" in Buenos Aires, home of Boca Juniors.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, strider said:

you are kidding yourselves if you think a Boca LB wouldn't tear up the league. 10+ goals from bombing down the left flank, Ronaldo chopping onto his right foot, fake shotting onto the left and pelting it past our spastic state league keepers. GG 

I would like to see this just to give people an A league reality check.

13 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I don't think it would be a huge reality check TBH. It doesn't matter how you look at it Boca are one of the biggest clubs in the world

Just supporting strider's comment as I think some people don't realise how far away the A league is from the top level. I had a discussion with friends of mine and we were talking about Cahill, and Novillo's skill came into the conversation, and one of the guys said that what we saw for 5% of his possession was world class and pretty much unstoppable at the A-league level, now world class players are at that level for 90% of their possession. We got glimpses of it with del Piero walking through the defences in his retirement years at the smurfs.

All I know is that I follow two leagues in that of the A-League and SPL and they get closer in standard to each other every bloody season... hopefully Gers being back in the top flight and more importantly for me Celtic's new influx of funds and players sees this trend stop but its pretty depressing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cadete said:

All I know is that I follow two leagues in that of the A-League and SPL and they get closer in standard to each other every bloody season... hopefully Gers being back in the top flight and more importantly for me Celtic's new influx of funds and players sees this trend stop but its pretty depressing.

The attitude that we are seeing at Melbourne City (Professionalism, Striving for the very best, always improving) not only pushes us, but the league as-well to become better.We see this with the bigger international clubs too. There's always someone better out there and you need him/her in that position to elevate the people around them. 

19 minutes ago, Deviant said:

The attitude that we are seeing at Melbourne City (Professionalism, Striving for the very best, always improving) not only pushes us, but the league as-well to become better.We see this with the bigger international clubs too. There's always someone better out there and you need him/her in that position to elevate the people around them. 

TBH everytime I see a good signing by City and get excited it only takes three seconds for me to come back down to reality with the thought... "JV fucken S".

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, cadete said:

TBH everytime I see a good signing by City and get excited it only takes three seconds for me to come back down to reality with the thought... "JV fucken S".

and thats what i tell others when they come to me saying "hey did you hear who we signed?" lol

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic