Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

I was going to post this rant in the Adelaide match thread last weekend but this fells like the thread for it.

All our team knows how to do is pass to Mooy, and because Mooy likes to drift to the right side of the field (so he can cross) almost every attacking move we attempted went down the right side. And all our central players did was keep sending the ball out to the right. So we ended up with passing charts like this:pass.jpg

A shot chart like this:

shot.jpg

And crossing stats like this:

From the Right:

Franjic 1, Mooy 9, Fitzgerald 3.

From the left:

Chapman 0, Clisby 0, Novillo 1.

Adelaide were switched on to this, they marked Mooy tightly and left Fitzy free to coax us in to giving him the ball, which he characteristically proceeded to waste.

The worst bit is that at half time not one of the coaches did anything to change this. So either they didn’t recognise what was happening (worrying) or did not how to solve it (even more worrying).

How hard is it to say “Aaron, if you run into a dead end on the right hand side, pass it back to Osama in the centre and Osama send the ball out to the LEFT. Chappy has made some forward runs but keeps being ignored by you blokes in the centre, so how about honouring his runs instead of passing to Aaron EVERY SINGLE TIME”

Or they could’ve told Novillo to stay wide on the left to pull the Adelaide defence out of shape. Or told Mooy to occasionally stay in the centre or maybe even (I know it sounds crazy) move to the left.

And why were we trying so many crosses in the first place? Adelaide had the aerial advantage with Mcgowan (1.92m) and La Rocca (1.88m). And given that Adelaide have good wingers and excellent overlapping fullbacks, why did we play a 442 diamond that doesn’t cover overlapping fullbacks.

Edited by Jacques Le Cube
  • Like 1

Has to go! Caceres running out of leg at 70min and JVS keep play him and he did nothing. JVS choose to sub off Kisnorbo and the defense structure disappeared after Melling come on. Keep play Marino at left wing, should we just try play Tuna at left wing for a period as he showed in previous weeks he can organize offense and shot from left.

Thank you for the memory JVS, Time is up 

1 hour ago, Alexxxandro said:

Oh for God's sake if JVS is not replaced this off season I will shoot myself.

4th in a season with this squad?

Don't shoot yourself, your last memory will be of JVS as our coach. Tragic. Wait till we get an upgrade.

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Novillo out, Gamiero out, Zullo out, Franjic out, Koren out. Fair go to JVS not having half the best squad. 

Koren? I assume you mean 'Marquee out because it turns out he was shit and we could have had a better squad if we had a decent international marquee'?

Anyway, down to the point, fuck off JVS.

Just now, Kinnibari said:

Don't shoot yourself, your last memory will be of JVS as our coach. Tragic. Wait till we get an upgrade.

Koren? I assume you mean 'Marquee out because it turns out he was shit and we could have had a better squad if we had a decent international marquee'?

Correct, the marquee position. JVS has to go for the decisions he's made and for his recruitment of injured players.

Looking at the squad itself I'm just saying we have almost half the squad of our starting eleven players out. Some of the performances out there tonight were none other than amateur professional at best. Garruccio is a perfect example. 

37 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Correct, the marquee position. JVS has to go for the decisions he's made and for his recruitment of injured players.

Looking at the squad itself I'm just saying we have almost half the squad of our starting eleven players out. Some of the performances out there tonight were none other than amateur professional at best. Garruccio is a perfect example. 

Gooch is a prime example of why he should leave right now, he is our/JVS's Carney. 

We'll never win anything with JVS

Edited by moops