Melbourne Football

MCFC v NEW - Round 2.

mitchellmcleod

Love Sunday matches, Sunday at 3pm is actually the best time possible for me, leave at 1 and be back by 7:30, reasonable day.

Sundays are the worst IMO, can't really go out afterwards and i generally use Sunday as my rest/do uni shit day.

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

Just posted this update to the Melburnians Facebook.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/melburnians1847/posts/334078706770403

MELBURNIANS UPDATE:

- Shout out to everyone who made the away trip for round 1. If you couldn't make it be sure to check out our Instagram @themelburnians for a few snaps.

- This weekend we play at home against Newcastle. Pre-game will be from 12pm at The Imperial on Bourke Street, this will be the case with every home game. From there we will head to the game together in plenty of time for the 3pm kick-off.

- The first Melbourne derby of the season is the following weekend, Saturday 25th October. More away active area tickets have been released so snap them up quickly. Alternatively we are planning to fill bays 16 and 17 of the higher levels to try and keep all City fans in the same location, so if these bays become sold out, try and get a seat as close as possible. Share this info with friends too!

That's it for now, stay tuned for further info

Keen to actually have some beverages for once as I'm able to catch the train instead of driving thanks to the early kickoff!

Seeing as though I'll be getting into Melbourne at around 11am, I'm thinking I might pay a visit to the Imp and meet and greet.

• Like 1

get the feeling that the crowd should be above 13k since the memberships are so much up on last year, but who knows.

just hoping we get a good start and actually take a solid lead in to half time for once given all the chances we tend to make first half.

as average as Newcastle were last week (and given the way CCM played, saying Newcastle were average isnt really saying much) i don't think people should write them off so easily.

Love Sunday matches, Sunday at 3pm is actually the best time possible for me, leave at 1 and be back by 7:30, reasonable day.

not a big fan of the Sunday games, mostly though living over 500kms away - makes it kinda hard to balance getting home after 1 in the morning after a 6 hour drive (particularly with all the 5 pm kickoffs) and at having to start work by 8-8.30 the next day.

what shits me with this though is both Sydney teams have 8 of their 13 or 14 scheduled home games on a Saturday (WSW have fewer now though only because they made the ACL final).  far too convenient for a Sydney based FFA to be an accident.  the figures dont count when either team plays as an away team in a derby so you can bump those figures to effectively 9 or 10 home games on a Saturday

strangely so do Perth (8 of 14 games), which is kinda shitty in itself too since a 5 pm kick of our time is only 2 pm there (after all, Western Australia doesnt even do daylight savings so would have thought they would have been prime candidates for sunday arvo games).  

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 1

get the feeling that the crowd should be above 13k since the memberships are so much up on last year, but who knows.

just hoping we get a good start and actually take a solid lead in to half time for once given all the chances we tend to make first half.

as average as Newcastle were last week (and given the way CCM played, saying Newcastle were average isnt really saying much) i don't think people should write them off so easily.

not a big fan of the Sunday games, mostly though living over 500kms away - makes it kinda hard to balance getting home after 1 in the morning after a 6 hour drive (particularly with all the 5 pm kickoffs) and at having to start work by 8-8.30 the next day.

what shits me with this though is both Sydney teams have 8 of their 13 / 14 scheduled home games on a Saturday (WSW have fewer now though only because they made the ACL final).  far too convenient for a Sydney based FFA to be an accident.

strangely so do Perth (8 of 14 games), which is kinda shitty in itself too since a 5 pm kick of our time is only 2 pm there (after all, Western Australia doesnt even do daylight savings so would have thought they would have been prime candidates for sunday arvo games).  

I can guarantee once we get 15k averages at AAMi this will change.

Prime time EPL is so nice over in Perth.

Is by far the worst part about moving over here. 3am kick offs are fucked. As an 18 year old who knew no better back then it was the only swaying factor in me voting against day lights savings the last time WA voted on it. Is better having Perth in that late Saturday time slot anyways because no one else can play in it and playing In Perth in the middle of summer at an earlier kick off time is a fucking stupid idea with the heat.

• Like 1

Looking forward to Sunday, cant wait tbh. Have a couple of new members signing up at the ground, i figured no good them buying it online now (it aint gonna come in time for starters) and im sure the "new member queue" will be shorter than the "queue for membership pick ups".

Wouldn't count on it being quicker...

Looking forward to Sunday, cant wait tbh. Have a couple of new members signing up at the ground, i figured no good them buying it online now (it aint gonna come in time for starters) and im sure the "new member queue" will be shorter than the "queue for membership pick ups".

Wouldn't count on it being quicker...

Latest newsletter said sign up online still and they'll email you a pdf ticket for game 1

U can sign up on the phone then get an electronic ticket sent to your phone for the game, as the package obviously wouldnt arrive at their house before sundays game

the maximum capacity is 20,069 when level 3 is closed off.

- excluding corporate allows for a maximum capacity of 18,500.

Might I ask where you found that reference? It looks to be what I've been looking for unsuccessfully.

Short of counting the seats i've been looking for the same thing (Also unsuccessfully)..

the maximum capacity is 20,069 when level 3 is closed off.

- excluding corporate allows for a maximum capacity of 18,500.

Might I ask where you found that reference? It looks to be what I've been looking for unsuccessfully.

Short of counting the seats i've been looking for the same thing (Also unsuccessfully)..

I've sent InMyHeart a PM. The number he quotes for Levels 1 and 2 combined is what I recall, because I recall that Level 3 is about 4,500 both sides. My memory also says that the North and South ends are both about 5,000, but it would be nice to get the precise figures once and for all.