Melbourne Football

New Home End Name Submissions

Jimmy

So let's round off ten of the best names based on...my opinion!

1. M47             (Melbourne given city status in 1847)

2. 1847            (as above)

3. MCT            (Melbourne City Terrace)

4. Batman's Hill (Hill of John Batman - Our founder settled by the Yarra and called it Melbourne)

5. Heartland     (Don’t think it’s as ‘cringeworthy’ as some say)

6. The Bloods  (Red & White bloodcells. Previous seasons "The Bloods" was nominated as a good nickname for the club)

7. City Domain (Double meaning - This is 'Melbourne City's Domain' and Domain Tunnel runs underneath AAMI Park)

8. Riverside     (Active Area is side of the river and adjacent to "Riverside Park")

9. HC or HCT   (Heart City or Heart City Terrace)

10. Heartside   (Obviously paying homage to both the club’s previous name and active Support group)

Feel free to add or eliminate any...but play nice!

I'm probably gonna cop it a bit for this one and I know its been mentioned briefly on this forum, but why not look at Riverside as our new name. Its very close to Yarraside, but it to me sounds just as good.

Before we get the "Riverside mother fukker" comments, why don't we use that as a chant to go along with it. Imagine the terrace going off to that chant. Could make it our own like we did with the snoop chant.

I just see s lot of the ideas on here and think of most of them beibg either a little cheesy or too soft.

I think Riverside keeps a little of what we had in name of the old terrace and starts off a new era with Melb City.

1. M47 (Melbourne given city status in 1847)

2. 1847 (as above)

3. MCT (Melbourne City Terrace)

4. Batman's Hill (Hill of John Batman - Our founder settled by the Yarra and called it Melbourne)

5. Heartland (Don’t think it’s as ‘cringeworthy’ as some say)

6. The Bloods (Red & White bloodcells. Previous seasons "The Bloods" was nominated as a good nickname for the club)

7. City Domain (Double meaning - This is 'Melbourne City's Domain' and Domain Tunnel runs underneath AAMI Park)

8. Riverside (Active Area is side of the river and adjacent to "Riverside Park")

9. HC or HCT (Heart City or Heart City Terrace)

10. Heartside (Obviously paying homage to both the club’s previous name and active Support group)

Melburnians the most popular from this thread thus far, fwiw. Edited by FB.

1. M47 (Melbourne given city status in 1847)

2. 1847 (as above)

3. MCT (Melbourne City Terrace)

5. Heartland (Don’t think it’s as ‘cringeworthy’ as some say)

6. The Bloods (Red & White bloodcells. Previous seasons "The Bloods" was nominated as a good nickname for the club)

8. Riverside (Active Area is side of the river and adjacent to "Riverside Park")

9. Melburnians (as pointed out by FB. replaces HCT on the list)

10. Heartside (Obviously paying homage to both the club’s previous name and active Support group)

Melburnians the most popular from this thread thus far, fwiw.

Fixed.

I don't mind Heartside to be honest. Like I said it's paying homage to both our old club's name and active group.

Out of all the suggestions so far, Melbourne City Terrace (MCT) is the best ive seen imo. Classy, simple and sounds good. And also doesnt have a complicated/pointless meaning behind it which doesnt historically involve our club..

Edited by Victards
  • Like 2

Out of all the suggestions so far, Melbourne City Terrace (MCF) is the best ive seen imo. Classy, simple and sounds good. And also doesnt have a complicated/pointless meaning behind it which doesnt historically involve our club..

Melbourne City Terrace = MCF?

• Like 2

NoNameBrigade or NoNameBoys47 still my pick!

The terrace name doesn't have to involve the club or the clubs history but mainly the history and links to the "active" supporters past and present.

The rabbits already use the term "brigade" why can't we? Even more fuel to add to our rivalry. Why can't we take the piss that we are a terrace left with no name? 20

years time we will look back laugh about it and it will mean something especially when we will have the best support in the country, It's unique and it will grow on you that's my suggestion.

Out of all the suggestions so far, Melbourne City Terrace (MCF) is the best ive seen imo. Classy, simple and sounds good. And also doesnt have a complicated/pointless meaning behind it which doesnt historically involve our club..

Melbourne City Terrace = MCF? and that is why you proof read your shit in order to avoid looking like a dick head! haha

NoNameBrigade or NoNameBoys47 still my pick!

The terrace name doesn't have to involve the club or the clubs history but mainly the history and links to the "active" supporters past and present.

The rabbits already use the term "brigade" why can't we? Even more fuel to add to our rivalry. Why can't we take the piss that we are a terrace left with no name? 20

years time we will look back laugh about it and it will mean something especially when we will have the best support in the country, It's unique and it will grow on you that's my suggestion.

WE ARE THE NoNameBoys47! 

Rolls of the tongue :up:

• Like 2

I preferr 'The Melburnians' out of all of them so far and there are a few levels to why I think it fits best

I think the problem with MCF Melbourne City Terrace is that it looks too much like just a description rather than a name. Now after saying all that, I still like MCF in its simplicity but I think 'The Melburnians' is more of a name rather than a more of a description.

So with the club taking the city name and using apart of the coat of arms there is an obvious attempt on the side of the club,to make it a club for Melbourne and this is something I think the active support should do as well (which Yarraside did alot of too anyway). using the name which is often used to describe a citizen of Melbourne is perfect because it goes down the same road of creating an active support for a club of Melbourne and we can still use the flag of Melbourne and all those things that were used in Yarraside to try and push the point that 'We are Melbourne'. Also, on some level we still keep the independence from the club within the name.

Finally, I think the name needs the word 'the' at the front, I cant really rationalize it at the moment, but let me try, it still has an element of a description of who we are in the terrace, whilst still looking more of a name. In fact I think it works much the same as The Citizens (or is it Cityzens?) works as they are a citizen of Manchester blah blah blah, so it describes them and also works as a name.

Plus it would piss off the visitors to no end haha which is a bonus

Edited by Dylan

The melbournians would have a lot more appeal to the rest of south end GM section.

It is perhaps a little soft for the hard cnts wearing polos in active area but it has power to pull most supporters together to get involved in chants.

We want all of the south end singing as one.......eventually

I hope I'm the only one when I say "Melbourne City Terrace" is very bland and uncreative. I know it's liked for being simple but IMO, having the team name in the terrace name doesn't sound too great. It's like calling it "Brisbane Roar Terrace" or "Adelaide United Terrace".

Maybe it is just me but this is just my 2 cents.

• Like 4

Don't mind The Melburnians - it's a very 'inclusive' name as Jestr pointed out. Yarraside had a feeling of exclusivity; if you weren't part of the inner or outer core you weren't even allowed to give an opinion...or at least I was made to feel that way...

And yes, I agree that Melbourne City Terrace (or MCF) is just too simple and kinda stating the obvious. If you want simple yet a little creativity you'd go with MC47.

Disclaimer: I only wrote MCF to annoy FB. lol

Don't mind The Melburnians - it's a very 'inclusive' name as Jestr pointed out. Yarraside had a feeling of exclusivity; if you weren't part of the inner or outer core you weren't even allowed to give an opinion...or at least I was made to feel that way...

And yes, I agree that Melbourne City Terrace (or MCF) is just too simple and kinda stating the obvious. 

Doesn't get more simple or stating the obvious than calling a bunch of Melburnians "The Melburnians". 

• Like 1