Melbourne Football

Melbourne City 2014 Pre Season

AlexDaGroza

Is that Retre wearing 18?

Yep!

I wonder if he'll play a bigger role this season, he's got a fair bit of competition for a spot now!

I have a feeling that Mauk and Garrucio would be better helped being with the squad in Manchester....

Their last game is on the 18th, and the very latest date I've seen published that they'll be touring with the Young Socceroos until is the 21st. So hopefully they can quickly fly over to Manchester after they are no longer needed, and get at least a few days in Manchester with the team.

Edited by Murfy1

VIDEO: Melbourne City FC Kick Off Carrington Camp

10 July 2014

Melbourne City FC TV spoke to Andrew Redmayne ahead of the team's camp at Manchester City's Carrington Training Centre.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/VIDEO-Melbourne-City-FC-Kick-Off-Carrington-Camp/91131

Video at link above.

Hopefully that's a thing now, 'Melbourne City FC TV', and this impressive standard of club media is by and large maintained. It's a fantastic development.

What Silva is hinting at is that there´s a whole department of geeks working for City group that are under pressure to produce web content to motivate why they earn good wages watching football and chatting to players instead of doing "real" work.. :lol:

What Silva is hinting at is that there´s a whole department of geeks working for City group that are under pressure to produce web content to motivate why they earn good wages watching football and chatting to players instead of doing "real" work.. :lol:

Like us.

Does anyone have an idea of the level of league 2, 1 and championship compared to the aleague? Just trying to get an indication before we have a game over there.

We'll soon find out. This is the only instance I can remember of an A-League team playing teams from the English lower leagues.

I know a current Birmingham City player. He reckons there's massive a gap in quality between League 1 and the Championship. Even bigger than Championship-Prem.

I took him to the last game of the season against the Wanderers and he said it was about league one level. He couldn't believe Tando was a professional Goalkeeper and asked if the wanderers supporters were German. Also said that big black bloke (Engelaar) is way too good to be playing in Australia

Edited by Jimmy

I know a current Birmingham City player. He reckons there's massive a gap in quality between League 1 and the Championship. Even bigger than Championship-Prem.

I took him to the last game of the season against the Wanderers and he said it was about league one level. He couldn't believe Tando was a professional Goalkeeper and asked if the wanderers supporters were German. Also said that big black bloke (Engelaar) is way too good to be playing in Australia

I agree with all of this, but most A-League teams could compete at Championship level if they were always at their peak (obviously impossible but it shows the potential).

I think the A-L slots somewhere between those two leagues.

I took him to the last game of the season against the Wanderers and he said it was about league one level. He couldn't believe Tando was a professional Goalkeeper and asked if the wanderers supporters were German. 

If he thought Tando was bad imagine what he would have said about Redmayne!

I agree with all of this, but most A-League teams could compete at Championship level if they were always at their peak (obviously impossible but it shows the potential).

I think the A-L slots somewhere between those two leagues.

Seven years ago today's better A League sides would have been around the quality of those fighting for relegation in the Championship but the EPL going from strength to strength has seen the Championship become literally now one of the better league's in the world.

The Championship is unique for a Second Tier Comp in that it has both a large TV audience and is now quite desirable to play in for foreign players.

Edited by cadete

Next Match

Saturday 19 July 2014

Oldham Athletic vs. Melbourne City FC

Admission is by payment at the turnstiles on the day.

Adult seats £10 (approx $18), Concessions £5 (approx $9)

Kick-Off: 3PM

Gents who's making the trip up!

Do Melbourne City FC members get in for free?

Haha would be interesting if you rocked up quoting your membership reference but i'm guessing you would get a big "sod off"

Next Match

Saturday 19 July 2014

Oldham Athletic vs. Melbourne City FC

Admission is by payment at the turnstiles on the day.

Adult seats £10 (approx $18), Concessions £5 (approx $9)

Kick-Off: 3PM

Gents who's making the trip up!

Do Melbourne City FC members get in for free?

Haha would be interesting if you rocked up quoting your membership reference but i'm guessing you would get a big "sod off"

Ha! That or "are you 'aving a laarf?"

You could just show them your confirmation email and this membership website, i.e. technically, it doesn't say 'only in Australia':

2014-15 Packages

General Admission

• Free access to MCFC friendlies and NYL games
  • Free access for members to MCFC pre-season friendlies
  • Like 2

If you just happened to be the UK you could try it on...but if you live there and have an International Membership you have to pay!

Bit rough.

2014-15 Packages International

If you are not living in Australia but want to show your commitment to MCFC by becoming a member then an international membership is perfect for you. You will receive the following benefits.

• Access to 2 x Melbourne City home matches
  • Access to 1 x Melbourne City away game interstate (excludes Melbourne Victory matches. Call 1300 255 432 at least 14 days prior to game to arrange tickets)
  • Personalised membership card
  • Lapel pin
  • 10% online discount off all club merchandise
  • Weekly club newsletter
  • Football Family registration (FFA email newsletter and ticket offers including AFC Asian Cup and Socceroos friendlies)

If you just happened to be the UK you could try it on...but if you live there and have an International Membership you have to pay!

Bit rough.

2014-15 Packages International

If you are not living in Australia but want to show your commitment to MCFC by becoming a member then an international membership is perfect for you. You will receive the following benefits.

• Access to 2 x Melbourne City home matches
  • Access to 1 x Melbourne City away game interstate (excludes Melbourne Victory matches. Call 1300 255 432 at least 14 days prior to game to arrange tickets)
  • Personalised membership card
  • Lapel pin
  • 10% online discount off all club merchandise
  • Weekly club newsletter
  • Football Family registration (FFA email newsletter and ticket offers including AFC Asian Cup and Socceroos friendlies)

This is a selling point? Can't anyone with an email account register?

Just a guess

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Poole_(footballer)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Chantler_(footballer)

A bit unsure on the Evans guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gareth_Evans_(footballer,_born_1988)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Evans_(footballer,_born_1994)

probably the second option (george evans) since they seem to have all been at manchester city at some stage

Edited by heart_fan10
  • Like 1