Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

Interesting to see the numbers and names on the back of the home kit will be sky blue. It looks mint.

Im not a fan of the home kit what so ever, but your right in regards to names and numbers being sky blue.

Will also say that having Etihad on the front makes the home kit look a hell of a lot better, but my problem is that i dont feel any connection to it to be honest.

Hopefuly that all changes soon enough

At a guess there´s just a few away games where the red&white REALLY counts.. like Sydney and Victory

The important stuff, the really important stuff.. Is how many away shirts will be sold compared to the white home shirt

At a guess there´s just a few away games where the red&white REALLY counts.. like Sydney and Victory

The important stuff, the really important stuff.. Is how many away shirts will be sold compared to the white home shirt

Do you think that will make a differnce though

At a guess there´s just a few away games where the red&white REALLY counts.. like Sydney and Victory

It won't and the club probably won't release those numbers then we will have the countless arguments on here that it's a conspiracy and that they 'see' many more away than home kits in the crowd and we will all go around and around for months

In a way. If they shift more of the away than the home, it would probably be a bit tougher for them to justify a change in the colour scheme/design to it a couple of years down the track.

Don't we have to keep the same kits for two years under FFA rules?

Anyway, the home jersey will never be fully or even majority sky blue; Sydney will ensure that does not happen. And for the foreseeable future there will be enough Heart supporters around to keep the stripes for the away jersey.

Anyway, the home jersey will never be fully or even majority sky blue; Sydney will ensure that does not happen. And for the foreseeable future there will be enough Heart supporters around to keep the stripes for the away jersey.

No.

We had three kits in four years!

I know the Reebok 'exclusivity' ran out, which allowed us to change to ISC, but we only had ISC for one season before switching to Kappa the last two seasons.

Never say never.

Interesting that DV's has his full name where as DD's just his last

That's the way he's always done it. Technically it's not his full name (which is David Villa Sanchez).

david-villa-2009-8-30-15-10-38.jpg

DavidVillaPresentation7.jpg

173506276.0_standard_400.0.jpg

David+Villa+Sergio+Busquets+Spain+v+Hond

Duff doesn't need his full name. Just needs 'Man' added to his shirt and it will be perfect 

RCx0BLi.jpg?1

Is that Etihad bloke our new keeper? Never heard of him, hope he's good!

Ahhh, just saw somebody already beat me to it in another thread. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Good joke, would read again.

was trying to work out the numbers 11 1 9, ?????

RCx0BLi.jpg?1

Is that Etihad bloke our new keeper? Never heard of him, hope he's good!

Ahhh, just saw somebody already beat me to it in another thread. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Good joke, would read again.

was trying to work out the numbers 11 1 9, ?????

ooooooo

the-Illuminati.jpg

The new kits are very well done.

They didn't have to keep the red and white but they did. Lets be happy they actually took it on board.

The end result was a great compromise, whether some choose to accept it or not.

Ill be getting the home shirt too. Really like it.

• Like 1

The numbers in sky blue are a terrible choice. You won't be able to make them out on tv or even from a distance at games. Should of been black.

Can't say I've ever noticed such a problem with UNC basketball or football (which is the best equivalent I can think of, off the top of my head). The dark outline should help.

The numbers in sky blue are a terrible choice. You won't be able to make them out on tv or even from a distance at games. Should of been black.

I think the black outline is enough. I'd also argue that for the majority of fans you distinguish between players by how they look i.e. Height, haircut, skin tone, running gait. As an avid sport watcher across codes, I very rarely, if ever, differentiate between players by looking at their numbers. The only time I ever do in fact is when there's a newbie who I'm unaware of, and it's more like "hey who's that number X".

The more and more I look at the new kits, the more I'm warming to them... just like the club logo.

Probably won't be buying the home kit though but a David Villa away kit is most likely gonna happen, maybe Duff as he's playing the whole season though.

Yarraside got a mention in the question time of the press conference too. Poor Scott seemed a bit nervous at the start, loved the fumble with accidentally saying Heart haha.

Good press conference, would watch again.

Edited by Fingman

Fumble was probably on purpose. People in those positions just don't make those types of mistakes especially considering the importance of the press conference.

Yeah, if that was the case then we'd constantly hear about politicians gaffes in the news. 

Edited by hedaik