Melbourne Football

David Villa

kingofhearts

Was certainly interesting to hear JVS say that he would play the first round.

I was sure they would wait until the first home game for some reason, especially with the arrival coming so close to the season.

Jvs confirms villa is scheduled to play first round

Excellent! My first game since moving to Sydney. The build will be huge. Hope he starts. 

You moved to Sydney? I feel for you :lol:

I was sure they would wait until the first home game for some reason, especially with the arrival coming so close to the season.

Excellent! My first game since moving to Sydney. The build will be huge. Hope he starts. 

It will be strange to live in Sydney and support a Melbourne team but Heart is the first football team I ever supported. Be great to go to all the Heart away games in the Sydney/Newcastle region. 

Edited by Alexxandro

key word amoungst all that is scheduled.

Yes but at least it's not ruled out at this stage...

I think it would be a massive let down for him not to play. I know people want him to have his first game in Melbourne but really it would be fantastic for the A-League for him to start first round. It would get big press.

Also for the fans travelling up it would be bloody fantastic. 

Okay I might be biased....

Yes but at least it's not ruled out at this stage...

I think it would be a massive let down for him not to play. I know people want him to have his first game in Melbourne but really it would be fantastic for the A-League for him to start first round. It would get big press.

Also for the fans travelling up it would be bloody fantastic. 

Okay I might be biased....

I am traveling too but if it means his last game is the xmas derby.....I'd prefer that

He gets here when he wants.

He's David Villa. Its part of the plan :lol:

I'm not that optisistic about this now. Given such a small amount of time until the season starts, the level of understanding between he and his fellow team mates will be low (ie. his positioning, passes, movement).

It also really does raise the question about his dedication to this loan deal.

Hope I am wrong though.

i got this feeling its all over hyped, he'll only play a few games and leave. i hope im wrong and i know this may sound stupid but our leauge might be a bit to physical for him. if he gets hurt New York are fucked and the CFG will be pissed off. I hope im worng and he kills it. just sayin.

but he can arrive when he wants his david villa. 

He gets here when he wants.

He's David Villa. Its part of the plan :lol:

I'm not that optisistic about this now. Given such a small amount of time until the season starts, the level of understanding between he and his fellow team mates will be low (ie. his positioning, passes, movement).

It also really does raise the question about his dedication to this loan deal.

Hope I am wrong though.

Not overly excited about Villa joining to be honest.

Dont get wrong, he is a gun and will enjoy watching a player of his calliber but thats where it ends for me.

He is a NYCFC player just using us to get fit in my eyes.

• Like 1

i got this feeling its all over hyped, he'll only play a few games and leave. i hope im wrong and i know this may sound stupid but our leauge might be a bit to physical for him. if he gets hurt New York are fucked and the CFG will be pissed off. I hope im worng and he kills it. just sayin.

Even if he does kill it though, whats happens to us when he leaves.

I dont see Kennedy filling that void completely and plus he is a totally different style of striker.

I dont see Kennedy filling that void completely and plus he is a totally different style of striker.

funny thing is we havent even go kennedy yet. i just see it as being to over hyped not delivering and then "BaM.... and the villa is gone".

hopefuly when he leaves we will have enough points to win the title or have a home final

• Like 1

funny thing is we havent even go kennedy yet. i just see it as being to over hyped not delivering and then "BaM.... and the villa is gone".

Agree totally on that mate.

You think it would have to be Kennedy. Plus i just cant think of an Aussie Marquee worth spending much cash on.

People might say Bresciano, but we dont need another midfielder right now.

Only other Aussie i could think of would be McDonald but after ive seen what delivery Duff and Mooy can provide into the box, I'd take Kennedy any day.

NYCFC coach Jason Kreis referred to Villa's loan move to Melbourne City in a press conference today. There's been a few different write ups of it:

Kreis also confirmed that the 32-year-old Spanish legend Villa would soon be outgoing to Melbourne City of the Australian A-League for a loan deal of his own.

“He is set to go over to Australia I believe the first week of October and start up down there for at least a month,” said Kreis, adding that Villa has looked fit in training. “That date is already predetermined and he’s ready to be rolling for that. He’s training here in New York City.”

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2014/09/allocation-priority-lampard.html

Kreis confirmed to SI.com on the conference call that Villa will head Down Under in the first week of October, and will stay for two months. 

"He's been training here in NYC, and I spent some time with him in the past week," Kreis said. "He looks ready to go."

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futbol/2014/09/24/nycfc-jason-kreis-frank-lampard-loan-rumors-manchester-city

What I find perhaps most interesting is that Kreis emphasises that the arrival date is predetermined, which suggests that much of the details about Villa's guest stint have long been arranged. I reckon Villa's guest stint at Melbourne City will follow the details stated in the first official announcement, where it was said that Villa "will play, train and contribute to Melbourne City FC-s Hyundai A-League campaign between October and December 2014" (http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/melbourne-city-fc-confirms-david-villa/idkytoxh8mib17j1vcv2jgqdy). I have little doubt that Man City CEO Ferran Soriano arranged this move, as he currently is the CEO of NYCFC, and I've seen it reported that he is the Chairman of Melbourne City. And I doubt that arrangements Soriano made would be changed.

Kreis seems to be downplaying Villa's move to Australia, in the same way that he fiercely rebuked the suggestion that Lampard's loan to Man City FC could be extended. It's in Kreis' and NYCFC's interest to downplay the loaning out of their designated/marquee players.

Hopefully Melbourne City gets their act together and comes out and gives everyone an official announcement about Villa's guest stint at Melbourne City promptly, both because everyone deserves to know the details of this guest stint as it's so close to the season (and because people might be factoring in Villa's guest stint when they buy memberships, and it would be misleading by the club if they didn't properly explain what Villa's guest stint will be like) and because at Family Day the club said that there would be an announcement about Villa this week. 

Edited by Murfy1

NYCFC coach Jason Kreis referred to Villa's loan move to Melbourne City in a press conference today. There's been a few different write ups of it:

Kreis also confirmed that the 32-year-old Spanish legend Villa would soon be outgoing to Melbourne City of the Australian A-League for a loan deal of his own.

“He is set to go over to Australia I believe the first week of October and start up down there for at least a month,” said Kreis, adding that Villa has looked fit in training. “That date is already predetermined and he’s ready to be rolling for that. He’s training here in New York City.”

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2014/09/allocation-priority-lampard.html

Kreis confirmed to SI.com on the conference call that Villa will head Down Under in the first week of October, and will stay for two months. 

"He's been training here in NYC, and I spent some time with him in the past week," Kreis said. "He looks ready to go."

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futbol/2014/09/24/nycfc-jason-kreis-frank-lampard-loan-rumors-manchester-city

What I find perhaps most interesting is that Kreis emphasises that the arrival date is predetermined, which suggests that much of the details about Villa's guest stint have long been arranged. I reckon Villa's guest stint at Melbourne City will follow the details stated in the first official announcement, where it was said that Villa "will play, train and contribute to Melbourne City FC-s Hyundai A-League campaign between October and December 2014" (http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/melbourne-city-fc-confirms-david-villa/idkytoxh8mib17j1vcv2jgqdy). I have little doubt that Man City CEO Ferran Soriano arranged this move, as he currently is the CEO of NYCFC, and I've seen it reported that he is the Chairman of Melbourne City. And I doubt that arrangements Soriano made would be changed.

Kreis seems to be downplaying Villa's move to Australia, in the same way that he fiercely rebuked the suggestion that Lampard's loan to Man City FC could be extended. It's in Kreis' and NYCFC's interest to downplay the loaning out of their designated/marquee players.

Hopefully Melbourne City gets their act together and comes out and gives everyone an official announcement about Villa's guest stint at Melbourne City promptly, both because everyone deserves to know the details of this guest stint as it's so close to the season (and because people might be factoring in Villa's guest stint when they buy memberships, and it would be misleading by the club if they didn't properly explain what Villa's guest stint will be like) and because at Family Day the club said that there would be an announcement about Villa this week. 

Someone should ask Kreis what team in FIFA 15 he is on.  :up: 

I agree with you here Murf. I don't think it's smart PR that people have to spend hours trawling the internet for news about our much-hyped guest player for Season 2014/15. If Kreis knows the details on Villa then so does Munn - after all, he boasted how he had "four conference calls a week" with CFG - and it's a matter of keeping faith with Melbourne City supporters and keeping them in the loop. I can't believe that we are being advised to do our PR - or not do it in this case -  in what I regard as a pretty juvenile way.

• Like 1

When villa is announced it will be done properly I'm sure. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a media spectacle that has been planned for a while for his arrival. If they released information to members then the cat is out of the bag and doesn't have as big an impact for when he does arrive. For me I don't care that I haven't heard from the club when he is coming, makes absolutely no difference in the slightest. The main thing is he is coming, he is fit and he is ready to give his best effort.

• Like 1

I'd say Munn has told CFG to wait after the Grand Final, I'd say Wed or Thurs.

I think that this would be a wise time to announce it, maximum potential for media coverage in what is an AFL-centric media. Most of those 'sports' reporters will have to look up David Villa on Wikipedia to discover who he is.

• Like 3

My guess is the new overlords have many people in control of spin that know alot more about it than us speculators on the forum.  Not saying they will always get it right but I suspect the people we are dealing with at the top are getting it right more than they get it wrong so let them announce it as they see fit, when they see fit. The key for them isn't attracting the die hards like us it's capturing the casual consumer. As such I personally think after the afl grand final makes sense as the media are totally afl centric. I suspect in a few years time once our overlords have truly established the club as they like they will start to enlarge our reach and start taking the afl on in their own time/ territory.

Yeah absolutely no point promoting it this week, would just get smashed by all the AFL news stories going on... Although next week is trade week so they will still be up against it.

My feeling is once people see him in Australia shit starts to get real, it will all look and feel real, there's still a bit of vagueness about it all at the moment