Melbourne Football

Match day 27: vs West Sydney @ AAMI Park, Saturday 12th of April, 5:30pm

cadete

So for this game I know the club is planning on doing some sort of tribute to Harry, but are we??? Not necessarily for him playing at heart but for his career. I think down the track he will always be remembered for where he finished his career, it'd be nice that we have something for him like a banner. And it looks good for our supporter base as well.

Would be nice but I think the focus is on the keepTheRedAndWhite campaign.

So for this game I know the club is planning on doing some sort of tribute to Harry, but are we??? Not necessarily for him playing at heart but for his career. I think down the track he will always be remembered for where he finished his career, it'd be nice that we have something for him like a banner. And it looks good for our supporter base as well.

I think the Core are organising something, nothing to stop people making something themselves though :up:

I think the Core are organising something, nothing to stop people making something themselves though :up:

Great to hear!

Why the fuck are we paying tribute to a bloke who barely played half a season worth of games at Heart? I don't remember Skoko or Aloisi getting this sort of treatment when they gave it up.

Short memory. Both, with Sibon, were featured by Yarraside with big banners and "Thanks for the memories."

• Like 1

Why the fuck are we paying tribute to a bloke who barely played half a season worth of games at Heart? I don't remember Skoko or Aloisi getting this sort of treatment when they gave it up.

Short memory. Both, with Sibon, were featured by Yarraside with big banners and "Thanks for the memories."

Won't be able to pluralise that for Harry unfortunanetly.

Saturday, 12 April 2014

Melbourne Heart v Western Sydney Wanderers

AAMI Park, Melbourne

Kick-off: 5:30pm local (5:30pm AEST)

Referee: Jarred Gillett

Assistant Referee 1: George Lakrindis

Assistant Referee 2: Jonathan Barreiro

Fourth Official: Shaun Evans

TV broadcast: 7.30pm (AEST) Live coverage on Fox Sports 3HD and on Sky Sport 3 (New Zealand).

Radio Broadcast: ABC Grandstand Online/Mobile phone app

Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag #MHTvWSW #ThankYouHarry

To purchase tickets visit www.aleague.com.au/tickets

Melbourne Heart FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 3.Robbie WIELAERT, 4.Orlando ENGELAAR, 6.Patrick GERHARDT, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 10.Harry KEWELL ©, 13.Jonatan GERMANO, 15.David WILLIAMS, 16. Aziz BEHICH, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 19.Benjamin GARUCCIO, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 21.Stefan MAUK, 22.Nicholas KALMAR, 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO

**One to be omitted**

Ins: 10. Harry KEWELL (returns from injury)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: Nil

Western Sydney Wanderers squad: 1.Ante COVIC (GK), 2.Shannon COLE, 3.Adam D’APUZZO, 4.Nikolai TOPOR-STANLEY, 6.Jerome POLENZ, 7.Labinot HALITI, 8.Mateo POLJAK, 9.Tomi JURIC, 10.Aaron MOOY, 11.Brendon SANTALAB, 13.Matthew SPIRANOVIC, 14.Kwabena APPIAH, 17.Youssouf HERSI, 18.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 19.Mark BRIDGE, 20.Jerrad TYSON (GK), 21.Shinji ONO, 22. Dean HEFFERNAN

**Two to be omitted**

Ins: 17.Youssouf HERSI, 22. Dean HEFFERNAN (both promoted)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 12.Tahj MINNIECON (hip – indefinite), 34.Golgol MEBRAHTU (knee – indefinite)

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/r.27--ins-and-outs%E2%80%A6-superstar-strikers-are-back/89624

Kisnorbo praises retiring Kewell

10 April 2014

Melbourne Heart FC defender Patrick Kisnorbo believes retiring Club Captain Harry Kewell is one of the most successful sports persons he has ever played with.

Kewell, 35, will play his last professional football match this Saturday when Heart face the Western Sydney Wanderers at AAMI Park.

Kisnorbo is a close friend of Kewell’s and believes his send-off this weekend will be a bitter sweet occasion.

“It’s a difficult one,” Kisnorbo said. “You never think that the day’s gonna come.

“It’s going to be hard that he’s retiring, but it’s going to be a privilege knowing that you’ve played with him in his last game.

“Personally I wish him nothing but the best in the future and hopefully he can make an impact off the pitch like he did on the pitch.

“He’s probably one of the most successful sports people that I’ve played with.

“Especially as a young kid and getting to play with him you learn a lot because he’s played at the highest level. You think, if I can be a third of what he’s done, I’ll be alright.”

Kisnorbo also expressed his delight after yesterday signing a one-year contract extension that will keep him at the Club until the end of the 2014-15 A-League season.

“It’s nice to know that a club like Melbourne Heart wants you,” Kisnorbo said.

“We’ve got a lot of exciting things happening at the club and I want to be a part of that.

“I’m a Melbourne boy through and through and it’s great to be at a Melbourne club and especially a club like Melbourne Heart. I can’t wait for next season.”

This campaign has been a difficult one for Heart on the pitch, but Kisnorbo admits things are looking bright as the Club already begins preparing itself for next season.

“I would have loved if as a team we were higher on the table but such is football,” Kisnorbo said.

“All we can do is learn from this and bring what we learn in to next season and cut out some simple errors. We are working hard already for next year.”

But despite some of the attention already turned to next season, Kisnorbo says there is no less motivation to go out and defeat the Wanderers on Saturday.

“The motivation is that you want to win,” Kisnorbo said. “Even personally for myself, if we have a training game I always want to win.

“It’s another game, whether it’s the last game of the season or not, it doesn’t matter.

“We want to go out there as a team and get the three points and hopefully we can do that.”

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Kisnorbo-praises-retiring-Kewell/89609

Edited by Murfy1

Won't be able to pluralise that for Harry unfortunanetly.

Core have not made a Banner...

Yarraside Members can just take part in the club's tribute to Harry if they wish to... I can guess what your choice will be Mate. :D

Hoffman thrilled to join Kewell farewell

Greg Prichard

10 April 2014

Melbourne Heart midfielder Jason Hoffman said one of the first jumpers his parents bought him as a child was the Leeds United number 10 worn by Harry Kewell.

Now, more than 15 years later, Hoffman says it will be an honour to play in Kewell's last game before retirement when Heart meets Western Sydney Wanderers in the final round of the A-League at AAMI Park on Saturday.

"The first week Harry came to Heart training I went up to him and said the number 10 jumper from Leeds was one of my first jerseys," Hoffman said.

"You want to suss him out and see if he's a good guy and approachable, and he was everything I hoped he would be. It was a bit embarrassing to admit the jumper thing to him straight away, but it was all good fun.

"I was probably only eight or nine when I got that jumper, and I used to wear it all the time. When I heard he was joining Heart this season it was great news for me. It was fantastic to think I was going to be able to play alongside him.

"It meant a lot to my parents that I was going to be able to do that as well."

Hoffman, 25, said Kewell, ten years his senior, had been unselfish from the start in his approach to the season at Heart and had played the part of mentor as well as star player.

"Harry is the captain here and he has gone out of his way to help everyone," Hoffman said.

"He's always prepared to help players with advice and he's someone who's easy to talk to.

"He's got a great personality. He's serious when he has to be, but he can also have a laugh and he's got a way of easing the tension for everybody.

"There's never been any sign of him detaching himself from the rest of the group, which, I guess, you might get sometimes from a big-name player. He's always been a great presence around here."

Heart is at the bottom of the competition table. It started the season poorly, had a great run through the middle section and then dropped off again towards the end. But it can still avoid finishing last if it beats the Wanderers and one or two other results go its way.

Perth Glory is eighth on 28 points, with a goal differential of minus-eight, and Wellington Phoenix is ninth (28, -12). Heart has 26 points and a minus-five differential.

Hoffman said that despite all of the emotion surrounding Kewell's last game and the spotlight that will be on the Socceroos legend, Heart would still go out there with a specific game plan and try to concentrate on that.

The bonus, he said, will come if Heart can send Kewell out the right way - and hopefully get off the bottom of the table at the same time.

"No-one wants to come last," Hoffman said. "We want to perform well for ourselves and the fans, get a win and hope the other results are good for us.

"It's also Harry's last game. He's been a great champion and we want to send him off the right way.

"But we will have a game plan and Harry will obviously be a key part of that and we can only win if everyone follows the plan and does their part.

"There will be extra motivation because it's Harry's last game, but it won't really sink in for everybody that he has retired until the game is over.

"I think we'll all look to Harry at fulltime, to see what his reaction is. Ideally, we'll win and he'll score a goal. Even better, the winning goal. That would be a great moment, if it happened like that.

"We're hoping for a big crowd to help give Harry a fantastic send-off. He's been voted the greatest footballer Australia has ever produced, so he deserves it.

"It would be great if, at the end of the day, we're all celebrating a win and a great game by Harry."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1186390/Hoffman-thrilled-to-join-Kewell-farewell

Edited by Murfy1

Oh God, I don't think there's anything worse than one sportsperson talking about another sportsperson - except perhaps those TV shows where the "celebrity" panelists all laugh at each others' "jokes."

I hope one day the A-League is mature enough that we actually get real news.

• Like 1

Holy shit! Hide your kids, the anti-Yarraside is coming!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Told you guys I wasn't fucking around on the west syd thread :)

Hide yo kids, the red and black are comin for ya Wow, just read your post which was before mine and we said pretty much the same thing haha. Always gotta look out for the children when AMOK come to town

I'm not sure what's worse, this one or the Against modern football one they did in their full kits and face paint.