Melbourne Football

Matchday 26: vs Adelaide United @ Coopers Stadium, Friday 4th of April, 7:30pm (8:30am GMT)

GreenSeater

Don't understand why people are surprised, watching this game with my Dad and we were having bets on what minute we would concede an equalizer, was so close with the 89th minute my bet.

Game just sums up our whole season. Not mentally tough enough to be successful

• Like 2

I fucking knew it! I could see this coming from half-time for fuck sake ...

I'm giving this club 5 games of the new season next year... FUCKING GET IT RIGHT or I'm fucking off ... Sick of this shit...

Week in week out... How do we go from 6 straight wins to this shit..

Don't understand why people are surprised, watching this game with my Dad and we were having bets on what minute we would concede an equalizer, was so close with the 89th minute my bet.

Out of likes. 100% agree. Unlike our team, I'm giving 100%!

Usual shocking performance from our teamPoor first touch from nearly everyone, way below the AU level, poor at winning the second balls, poor passing and way too frequent turnovers, The team totally lost its way and shape when Engelaar was subbed, worse when Mauk came off. Velaphi - speechless. As soon as Adelaide went to 10 players we all said that Heart wouldn't win.

At 90+1 all of us being Heart fans believed that the games would end 2-2. The problem is that the Heart players on the pitch believed it too. 

Ben Williams was the man of the match as usual, totally dominated the game with formidable stats of 11 yellows and 1 red. HAL record

Edited by belaguttman

I'm giving this club 5 games of the new season next year... FUCKING GET IT RIGHT or I'm fucking off ... Sick of this shit...

Completely agree with you, 100 percent! Change the name, who cares, who cares if they change the colours what would you rather heart red and white and losing or blue city and winning. Who cares what colours and name as long as they win!

• Like 1

Fuck off back to Visitors then .... 

You choose a Football team - you stick to your Football team - no matter what 

• Like 4

Completely agree with you, 100 percent! Change the name, who cares, who cares if they change the colours what would you rather heart red and white and losing or blue city and winning. Who cares what colours and name as long as they win!

Bollox  

Mate, this club has no culture they are a joke. Fuck the colours!

Bollox

Edited by Villa-Nuevo

These are not tactics these are game strategies only, and the problem with this shit approach is that once something significant happens like the send off, players don't no what to do... JVS a half time team talk is not fucking good enough.. Sort out the fucking tactics or fuck off..

Have a look at the players we have and cut the fat we don't need. Make the hard decisions or the supporters will turn on you.

Honeymoon well and truly over... It's time to start working.!!!!

Josef has a booga in his nose.

Would you rather your coach had a booga in his nose and you came back like they did or your coach had a good looking tan and a bag of fruit and you threw away 3 points?

Well I feel sorry for Lucy. She has to anticipate being sprayed with spit and a booga flying out every time she interviews Josef.

• Like 2

Again, I think Hoffman is getting undue criticism, we play with attacking fullback and Hoff was very good for us going forward today, and until Mabil came on he was good defensively. Mabil definitely caused him some problems, but I dont really think he deserves to be singled out for criticism.

• Like 6

Fuck off back to Visitors then .... 

You choose a Football team - you stick to your Football team - no matter what

It's fuck heads like you that helped create this sub standard mentality that has crippled our club.. Lift your fucking standards and put pressure on this club if you really want to see this club succeed. This take over is our clubs last chance if they fuck this up club is gone..

• Like 1

There's a fair bit of merit to this - a panicked frenzy at the end. But what is obvious to me and has been obvious all year is that there is no leader or general in our team and this should be a recruiting priority. I'm talking about a character supremely confident in their ability, calm in a crisis, and with the ability to drag, pull or cajole more timid people or lesser characters along for the fight. This is a contact sport where aggression and the image of not giving up or being stepped on is powerful. Sheer will can get you a long way. Characters like Roy Keane, Patrick Viera, Yaya Toure at City, Cameron Smith at Storm, even (at the risk of abuse) Muscat when he played at Victory. They all exude(d) a "don't fuck with us" demeanour and never ever gave up. If you aren't performing on their team you'd get a spray or cajoled to get better and keep pushing. Kewell has shown glimpses (sometime whiny) but isn't on the park enough.

City, find us a general. There's enough ability, just no steel. We just looked rudderless when the crunch inevitably came.

• Like 4