Melbourne Football

Wishlist for change for 2014/2015 and beyond

alexiano

Mate this is Australia our journos covet their shitty 200mm+ focal length like stolen nazi gold.

The A-League regs and even the AAMI Park regs allow DSLRs with a lens no larger than 200mm but I was even refused admission with an old 6MP Nikon D50 with a fixed 50mm prime lens as it was a 'professional camera'. Maybe we should just ask for gate officials who can read!

Bring back handing out the herald sun newspaper pre-game. I miss reading it

Not sure if your being sarcastic but I don't want a paper that promotes itself through football supporters yet stabs the game of football in the back whenever it can. Faaarrk off Hearld Sun. Think he was referring to ripping it up and chucking it in the air (CCM game)

Mate this is Australia our journos covet their shitty 200mm+ focal length like stolen nazi gold.

The A-League regs and even the AAMI Park regs allow DSLRs with a lens no larger than 200mm but I was even refused admission with an old 6MP Nikon D50 with a fixed 50mm prime lens as it was a 'professional camera'. Maybe we should just ask for gate officials who can read!

I got dragged back by a secco last season because he wanted to inspect my lens below to see if it was over 200mm. Always thought it would be a good idea to print up some stickers that can be placed over the top of the focal length on the lens if you wanted to sneak a larger lens into anywhere....put a 8-12mm sticker over the top of a 500mm lens or something. 

olympus-17mm-pancake.jpg

Edited by hedaik

What's funny is that a 200mm lens is different depending on what camera it's on. For instance a 200mm on a GH3 has the same effective focal length as a 400mm on a 5D. And I have a video camera where a 200mm is equal to a 576mm on a 5D!

It's such a stupid rule. I'm tempted to take my camera in with a 180mm lens just to take the piss. That 180 on my camera is equal to 518.4 on a 5D btw. 

Edited by Alexxandro

Fuck kappa off and get nike or addidas. But I sure as fuck don;t want to see any Melbourne Heart snap backs or flat brimmed new era hats. They are the worst. It's not like we play fucking baseball

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MELBOURNE-HEART-A-LEAGUE-9FIFTY-CAP-SIZE-MED-LGE-/350966297833?pt=AU_Sport_Soccer_Merchandise&hash=item51b738b4e9

these......

Fuck kappa off and get nike or addidas. But I sure as fuck don;t want to see any Melbourne Heart snap backs or flat brimmed new era hats. They are the worst. It's not like we play fucking baseball

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MELBOURNE-HEART-A-LEAGUE-9FIFTY-CAP-SIZE-MED-LGE-/350966297833?pt=AU_Sport_Soccer_Merchandise&hash=item51b738b4e9

these......

Dear god no.

took a couple of new fans to the game last night. AFL fans and they loved it.

Some feedback - more around the fan experience which is what we need to look at going forward to grow our base. 

Firstly price - they thought it was expensive, and hard to stomach when a team is struggling to break 8K at home. $25 for General is OK I guess, but reserved seating is priced at a ridiculous AFL level which needs to be looked at. Perhaps without the 'bottom line' pressure the club now has, we can try to drum up support through cheaper price points.

Stadium - the loved it, but why the green seats they asked? I must admit, they are ugly and are really standout with lower crowds. Perhaps the stadium can look towards the Gabba's multi colour arrangement? It really is difficult to get a clear picture of the crowd size at that ground.

Anyway, perhaps with a very strong and resources management team we look at things to add to the fan experience as well for next season?

I like the idea of better outdoor area outside the ground, with a bar & food & screens to get people in and around the ground to enhance the match day experience. basically, a smaller version of the City Square concept Man City has.

As it grows, you can add live music, interviews with players/officials before/after the game etc.

If Heart owned it, it could become the official watering hole for yarraside before and after the game!

Just a quick note AAMI Park is owned by the State Government. Changing the colour of the seats, facilities, etc. will need the govt approval. As far as ownership is concerned that may require a sell off which would come with conditions.

It cost, finally, something like $268m to build. Unless there was a profit on a sale, there would rightly be outrage from taxpayers.

Just a quick note AAMI Park is owned by the State Government. Changing the colour of the seats, facilities, etc. will need the govt approval. As far as ownership is concerned that may require a sell off which would come with conditions.

Everything is for sale in Victoria... for the right price