Melbourne Football

Aaron Mooy

MHFCRC

On 21 July 2016 at 9:20 AM, JC22 said:

Liverpool largely controlled possession and pressed Town pretty hard, which limited his opportunities.

Looked very sharp when he got a chance though and played one great ball that almost resulted in a goal.

Commentators were impressed with him, and were hilarious when discussing the A-League. Called us the 'big club' of the league.

They were discussing his move from WSW to us, and were chatting about what the EPL equivalent move would be. They landed on Liverpool to Chelsea.

But then he realised his co-commentators mistake and corrected him. Burnley to Liverpool.

i post this safe in the knowledge that for WSW fans to express outrage they will first need to learn to read.

Thought he was one of huddersfields best in the first half.  His teammates weren't using him often enough but they will when they start to understand his brilliance and when they play lesser sides.  Mooy is easily good enough for the EPL.

Edited by Rasputin
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

Thought he was one of huddersfields best in the first half.  His teammates weren't using him often enough but they will when they start to understand his brilliance and when they play lesser sides.  Mooy is easily good enough for the EPL.

Baring injury and he continues to improve as he has since being with the socceroos it's not crazy to contemplate him lining up in Manchester next season or sooner. I think this German dude at huddlesfield could be just what he needed at this point in his development. 

And I've come to this conclusion after 45 minutes in a practice match lol.

On 22/07/2016 at 0:21 PM, rass said:

The more I think of it, the more I believe we are not looking for a direct 'Mooy replacement' as such.

The midfield evolved last season from what looked to be a formidable setup on paper at the start of the season, to by what was the end of the campaign, pretty much a 'no Mooy - no City' setup.

This season sees the acquisitions of Brattan, Kilkenny and Brandan(99%) with perhaps another visa/marquee - players who are all more than capable and can boss it in this league. Add in Caceres and the other current City players and the need to find a direct replacement for Mooy, imo, is no longer as relevant as we now have the quality to spread that load.

Hence the reliance on one player to deliver for us to win is no longer as important and it makes us much more dangerous.

I pretty much said exactly this previously (perhaps not as elegantly) but unlike you I got no likes :(

Banning you all from the forum.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, pattyd89 said:

They all think Mooy's a level above and will be player of the year on the Huddersfield forum. And they are also slagging Jason Davidson as the worst signing in history lol.

Probably right on both counts. Just hope Mooy doesn't plateau but gets even better. 

He has just got better and better over last 24 months and I reackon socceroos involvement played a huge part. 

23 minutes ago, pattyd89 said:

They all think Mooy's a level above and will be player of the year on the Huddersfield forum. And they are also slagging Jason Davidson as the worst signing in history lol.

In all seriousness I'd take him. Better than the aerially challenged Clisby. 

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

Off the top of my head I think so, he's played bugger all games since he moved to West Brom. Maybe he's just shit and thats why but i thought it was injuries too

Yeh ok, I know hes missed some games but I assumed with the way Hudders fans go on it was because hes fallen out of favour with the coach. I dont know. 

1 hour ago, Rasputin said:

Mooys wasting a season at Huddersfields when he could be adjusting to and contributing in the EPL.  Bad move by Man City.  Should have been loaned to an Everton or stoke or palace.

With Huddersfield, provided he doesn't get injured, he's likely to be able to play 45+ highly-competitive matches in a wide variety of circumstances. Much better than being on the fringe at an EPL club. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

With Huddersfield, provided he doesn't get injured, he's likely to be able to play 45+ highly-competitive matches in a wide variety of circumstances. Much better than being on the fringe at an EPL club. 

correct

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

and lets face it, he wouldnt be starting before Barkley at Everton.

Only the Championship games that Sky telecasts will get shown on BeIN or have a stream. So you're pretty much at the mercy of Sky for the games you get to see. I think they like to telecast the games with bigger clubs, so maybe a fair chance to see HTFC when they are playing in their bigger games.

On a sort of related note, I'm disappointed to see no mention of Jackson Irvine in Burton Albion's side tonight. Their game against Forest is the one being broadcast tonight on BeIN.

1 hour ago, illeatyourheart said:

Only the Championship games that Sky telecasts will get shown on BeIN or have a stream. So you're pretty much at the mercy of Sky for the games you get to see. I think they like to telecast the games with bigger clubs, so maybe a fair chance to see HTFC when they are playing in their bigger games.

On a sort of related note, I'm disappointed to see no mention of Jackson Irvine in Burton Albion's side tonight. Their game against Forest is the one being broadcast tonight on BeIN.

Irvine is apparently suspended 

Huddersfield flogs now all over Mooy's dick.

Red lines for all of them for their ignorant initial opinions of him.

Most clueless country when it comes to football, highlighted by the fact they actually think they should be a chance at winning international tournaments :lawl: 

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 3

On 29/07/2016 at 8:36 AM, Rasputin said:

Mooys wasting a season at Huddersfields when he could be adjusting to and contributing in the EPL.  Bad move by Man City.  Should have been loaned to an Everton or stoke or palace.

Let's be real guys, this is the truth.

Huddersfield is nothing more than a year of his prime wasted. His career will now never reach the heights it could have if he was playing at a higher level this year. Not sure about those particular teams (Stoke are underrated and have some serious quality players), but certainly could be a starting player for a team in the Premier League or an even better league.

Yeah he'll be doing it next year, but at his age he really couldn't afford to waste a year like this. At the start of next season he'll be turning 27, teams will be more reluctant to gamble on a player at that age so it will be harder to make big moves.

Edited by Tesla

9 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Let's be real guys, this is the truth.

Huddersfield is nothing more than a year of his prime wasted. His career will now never reach the heights it could have if he was playing at a higher level this year. Not sure about those particular teams (Stoke are underrated and have some serious quality players), but certainly could be a starting player for a team in the Premier League or an even better league.

Yeah he'll be doing it next year, but at his age he really couldn't afford to waste a year like this. At the start of next season he'll be turning 27, teams will be less reluctant to give him a chance so it will be harder to make big moves.

Yeah that's a fair assessment. Was also on the town boards and they are froffing him so hard.

Let's hope Huddersfield get promoted and he can play Premier League that way, kill it again and then at 28 or so that'll be a good enough 'audition' to get a gig at Man City.

6 minutes ago, pattyd89 said:

Yeah that's a fair assessment. Was also on the town boards and they are froffing him so hard.

Let's hope Huddersfield get promoted and he can play Premier League that way, kill it again and then at 28 or so that'll be a good enough 'audition' to get a gig at Man City.

I don't know if Huddersfield will get promoted even with Mooy, either way it's really irrelevant he is just there on loan and will impress enough anyway for Premier League teams to be interested.

I'm just hoping there is a recall option in his loan and in January City can take him back and either keep him as a squad player or loan him to a better league than the Championship. I don't think anyone has mentioned this possibility, wouldn't surprise me if City have got a recall option, might be why he finds himself at Huddersfield because more serious teams wouldn't agree to a recall option in the loan.

Edited by Tesla