= 2m.

Outside the cap:

- Junior Marquee

- Local Marquee

- International Marquee

500k of cap remaining for:

- 2 more 50k youth players

- 400k for between 2 to 5 other players

With all that, you can see why we just filled 3 spots with cheap options, as there's not much left in the cap.

Isn't Germano getting under 100k? I believe he's complained about how crappy his wages are in the past. 

Also, I'll cry with rage if Ramsay is on 200k a season.

He was originally signed on minimum wage. Don't know if he has since negotiated his way to a higher wage.

I think duga would be between 100-150 not 200. Mooy is on 300k.

Its hard to judge what is 'significant'  but if it were for Visa players it would have to be a pretty high number? more than 500 k. For example, Mifsud was on 300k. I think most of the squad from this year are probably on peanuts because of the results of last season. 

Edited by Dylan

It's the Bolton Wanderers X1, whatever that means. Not the first team.

Bolton XI means a team of 11 players (hence XI in Roman numerals) from across their various squads. In practise it will mean a mix of reserve players, their best youths and maybe a handful of first teamers who need the match fitness.

Bolton is maybe 15 miles from Manchester. I'll mention the match on Bluemoon, you might get a few dozen City fans there.

Do you think there is a chance of some youtube footage or something? Would be pretty interesting to see how it all goes.

Second fred all over again

Who sent the tweet Murf?

You can see at the link below the tweet. It's from an account named FootballFocusAU, that describes itself as: "All things A-League, Socceroos and everything in between. The occasional exclusive scoop and a bunch of good - and bad - jokes."

Here's some players from the list of former Mariners players:

Marcos Flores, Tom Rogic, Oliver Bozanic, Mustafa Amini, Michael McGlinchey, Danny Vukovic, Rostyn Griffiths, Mitchell Mallia and Nick Fitzgerald.

A fair few good possible options.

Amini only has 1 more season left on his Dortmund contract, and although he's played fairly regularly in the reserves/youth team in the German 3rd division, he's barely made the senior squad a few times (and he hasn't played a single game). And when he was getting close to featuring in the senior team in the first half of last season, he lucked out and was injured for the whole of the second half of last season.

So Amini moving clubs is conceivable IMO, although I think he's good enough to be in Europe, so it would still be a bit of a surprise if he returned to the A-League (and something of a coup if Heart signed him).

Amini only has 1 more season left on his Dortmund contract, and although he's played fairly regularly in the reserves/youth team in the German 3rd division, he's barely made the senior squad a few times (and he hasn't played a single game). And when he was getting close to featuring in the senior team in the first half of last season, he lucked out and was injured for the whole of the second half of last season.

So Amini moving clubs is conceivable IMO, although I think he's good enough to be in Europe, so it would still be a bit of a surprise if he returned to the A-League (and something of a coup if Heart signed him).

After letting the thought bounce off a couple of brain cells, I agree with both of you. He realy hasn't made a huge impact at Dortmund, though it would be hard to break into conceivably, even with all their injuries this season they had.

The tweets following that one are also quite interesting: 

@MelbourneHeart looking to assemble some sort of VPL version of a 'Galaticos' - get the best fringe and ex @ALeague players for reserves

Melbourne Heart got that sweet, sweet oil money now - opening many doors and possibilities to strengthen outside the A-League salary cap