Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

So the world cup starts June 12 and finishes 13th of July and then the FFA cup late july. It doesnt give the CFG much flexibility in making announcements. You would think (and hope) that something must be said about anything before the World Cup and you would also think it HAS to be all sorted before the start of the FFA cup. The only tid bit that I could add is that SST tried to get JD on but basically said he can't do interviews at the moment ie: is not allowed to. However, he said he will try to line up JVS for them in the next couple of weeks. So if you want to read something into that, they wouldnt have JVS out there before they announce anything, because you know what type of questions will be asked? 

Edited by Dylan

Christ you lot are worse than a clingy girlfriend "omg why hasn't he called yet"

Everything they've done in football has been a complete success, they know what they're doing.. I'm sure we'll find out when we need to..most likely within the next 4 weeks.

• Like 6

This is what FRG member Torn Asunder said at the end of his report on the meeting of the FRG with City Director Simon Pearce:

'Out of respect to other A-League clubs in the finals, and also with consideration to the World Cup, announcements and further developments will be timed accordingly, but we can all expect an exciting off-season."

You can guess when we might hear something from that!

Howevr, the signings of Connor Chapman and James Brown are "confirmed" on transfermarkt here: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/melbourne-heart-fc/transfers-alle/verein_25580.html

The boss man was out celebrating with the Abu Dhabi firm yesterday.. and as MCFC arrive to play an exhibition game on Thursday against a club where the crown prince himself is the President I expect him to be a bit busy..926780_278396829000808_983397234_n.jpg

That´s him in the 1894 T-shirt.. :huh:

Celebrations with no alcohol. That'd be fucked.

Isn't that a bottle of champagne over the Man city logo at the back?

Sure is. But I think you'll find it's part of the photo of the Man City celebrations.

Reckon that bloke bottom right lifts? :huh:

The boss man was out celebrating with the Abu Dhabi firm yesterday.. and as MCFC arrive to play an exhibition game on Thursday against a club where the crown prince himself is the President I expect him to be a bit busy..926780_278396829000808_983397234_n.jpg

That´s him in the 1894 T-shirt.. :huh:

Celebrations with no alcohol. That'd be fucked.

Isn't that a bottle of champagne over the Man city logo at the back?

Sure is. But I think you'll find it's part of the photo of the Man City celebrations.

Reckon that bloke bottom right lifts? :huh:

Forgot to do his tris since forever

Ah, Heartinator... Why buy MCFC? Why buy anything really?

It´s not to make money for sure, we talk about people that could lose a billion or two and never notice it, as for fun and fame.. Well, it´s not like they like to see their faces in the papers is it?
Peer pressure perhaps?.. Unlikely, these cats own superyachts, racing stables, castles in Europe and mansions in all over the world, having a football team is not uncommon at home but not outside their own backyard.

FIFA is restricting spending by clubs in Europe coz is getting overboard, they can't spend anymore then they are now. Naturally they've decided to buy/create other clubs around the world and spend money there. They have enough money to live 10 lives over so why not buy the fuck of out everything??

You would think with all that the CFG had said that our club will be independently run, with its own people and the three clubs will be 'sharing resources' only. Maybe there is a delay in appointing all the new people in the club? Maybe Munn has been demoted because they would probably want the head of the club to be there to announce all the changes?

But hey, who knows. We now have pretty strong evidence the club is under a media blackout, if SST are to be believed. 

FWIW I think the poster called 'the shiek' is probably right, and is probably the same person as the other poster 'on the ball'

Edited by Dylan

I wonder if anyone has considered that if the CFG are going to keep the name and colours they may not anounce any thing before the FFA cup, just players. That would probably drive a few her crazy but it could happen. Again it is most likely that the FFA are still processing any requests.

I wonder if anyone has considered that if the CFG are going to keep the name and colours they may not anounce any thing before the FFA cup, just players. That would probably drive a few her crazy but it could happen. Again it is most likely that the FFA are still processing any requests.

Waiting on kits to be manufactured so the anmouncement will be made with numerous player in kits

We've heard plenty this week on the subject of whether promises have been broken or not.

I'm simply referring back to Ferran Soriano's letter to us on 24th January 2014, and the paragraph: 'I understand that many of you will have questions about the future of the Club. We are committed to sharing information with you as soon as we can. However, as I stated yesterday, out of respect for the players and coaching staff in the middle of the Hyundai A-League season, we will not be making any more major announcements until the end of the current season.'

IMO so far almost no information has been shared with us and I expect Soriano to keep his promise.

I reckon the delay is caused by the trademark of the Melbourne City name. I looked on ATMOSS earlier and it still has both the MHFC Holdings and Original Melb City applications as pending. I have no doubts we'll be able to get the Melbourne City name, but you can't go and announce anything when you don't actually have it. 

Got a feeling that the yearly statements from Khaldoon (CFG Chairman) is about to go online within a week or so.. Hopefully we´ll hear something about the situation regarding Heart.
On a sidenote we can mention that MCFC and Uefa have finished negotiating about the financial regulations (2010-2013) and basically it got down to a £17m fine and MCFC using 21 players in the Champions league the coming season (we used 23 the last one).
But the interesting part of that statement was that MCFC right now are at break even, meaning (as I posted earlier) that CFG might be looking at new horizons. Like Melbourne..

I reckon the delay is caused by the trademark of the Melbourne City name. I looked on ATMOSS earlier and it still has both the MHFC Holdings and Original Melb City applications as pending. I have no doubts we'll be able to get the Melbourne City name, but you can't go and announce anything when you don't actually have it. 

I looked at that in some detail. If I'm reading it correctly, some of the applications (those that I assume are from the existing Melbourne City) were due for resolution by 12th May.

The one from MHFC Holdings seems to have stalled.

£49m!!!!!

With that much money they could have bought the whole A League and have them all play in many, many different shades of blue.

Great idea, mini-Man City would then win every game and every Premiership :)

Hang on they'd also lose every game and also finish bottom every year, maybe not such a good idea :wub:

• Like 1

City posted combined losses of almost £149m for the past two seasons - £97m in 2012 and £51.6m in 2013.

maybe they should have bought out our owners and get them to work over there-would've shown 'em how to break even.

A small mention of Heart in Man City's statement regarding FFP:

- Given the unique nature of the new City Football Group structure – which incorporates MCFC, New York City, Melbourne Heart and a number of other companies, the Club has agreed to certain non-material terms in order to make FFP reporting as easy as possible for UEFA to discern.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/club-news/2014/may/club-statement-16-may

Pretty vague, and without knowing what the terms are it's hard to discern what this means, and what the impacts might be.

2 guesses of mine are that Man City won't be so vague next time if/when they mention sales from Man City to Melbourne Heart, like the much discussed £22.45m ($40m AUD) "sale of intellectual property to related parties". A second guess is that perhaps there won't be such big intra-company business in the first place (especially with regards to unclear intellectual property sales).

I think you hit the nail on the head with your first guess, Murf. Disappointed as I am to admit it, it sounds like this is the club conceding that there was creative accounting going on between City and Heart, and UEFA have told us "don't ever try that again", yet City are still too proud to come out and actually confess in public that they did it.

- Given the unique nature of the new City Football Group structure – which incorporates MCFC, New York City, Melbourne Heart and a number of other companies, the Club has agreed to certain non-material terms in order to make FFP reporting as easy as possible for UEFA to discern.

Pretty vague, and without knowing what the terms are it's hard to discern what this means, and what the impacts might be.

2 guesses of mine are that Man City won't be so vague next time if/when they mention sales from Man City to Melbourne Heart, like the much discussed £22.45m ($40m AUD) "sale of intellectual property to related parties". A second guess is that perhaps there won't be such big intra-company business in the first place (especially with regards to unclear intellectual property sales).

You'd wonder then if Heart is as necessary to CFG as they had originally hoped when they bought the franchise license. If it isn't then it opens a number of possibilities.

Edited by belaguttman

I don 't think the City owners are fools. But neither is UEFA. I would expect that such large transactions would be subject to being "arms length" ie that the payment was as per going market rates for such IP, and that the purchaser is able to and in fact  did pay that sum of money, rather than it just being on the books.  

Otherwise its a sham and what is the point for UEFA to even bother with the FFP?

So how in the hell anyone could claim as being legitimate "arms length" tens of millions of dollars in IP being paid for by a club like Heart which turns over a paltry $9 or $ 10 mill per season in a league like the A-league?

Hello guys.  

I've been reading this forum for a while. I never really thought about joining until i read all your "crazy" therories about FFFP and City. I'll clearify some importants points for you. 

First of all the actual fine to be paid by City is NOT 49 million but infact around 17 million. Which in Citys case are pocket change. City got 100 million just from the TV deal alone this year, City is in the top ten biggest sporting orgnisation in the world. 

Point two. the intellectuel property transaction from City to CFG is a must if all three teams will be able to get most out of if.  Its nothing shady about this it just give more structure to the new organisation, parts of city that will be used by New york and yourselves  like scoutingnetwork should therefore be managed directly under CFG. CFG paid for it.

For you who questioned why city purchased melbourne now when the transaction from city to CFG got under investigation should know this. CIty did not buy melbourne heart to use in some grey half legal creative accounting  this is not only bad business but also a slap in the face on the entire city organisation. 

City made this deal to increase the city brand and the only way to do that is to make all teams in the city family best in their leagues real power houses. If Melbourne city dont do well it will reflect the entire brand.  

One of the  reasons city want to change colors,chrest and name, philosophy is part of this brand building  one of the advantages is sponsorships. CFG can now tell sponsors that, sponsor us and you will  get three teams in stead of one  and you will reach out to all cornes of the world.  CFG will have a huge advantage over all other sporting clubs/franchises in the world. All this will benefit Melbourne. Everything city do will only benefit melbourne. 

City will not stop until your team is the best in the country and Asia you will be one of the biggest and best team in Asia 

I think you guys are getting a bit confused now.. ´MCFC failed FFPR because Uefa changed their 2010 wage clause which meant that £80m was added to our FFP losses, that in turn was because a IP rights deal years ago was seemed as overvalued.
Basically everything is about what happened 2011 really.

• Like 1