Melbourne Football

A Message from the CEO‏

heartrate

A message of this type has a lot of 'craft' put into the words ... and everything is very literal.

SM references that the Club is doing everything within its powers to turn things around with things happening behind the scenes.

The Club is mentioned several times, the fans are mentioned, and so are the players ... but not one reference to the coach / manager ... to me this is telling. Unless we play Adelaide off the park and our win and our tactics get rave reviews, I would expect that its curtains for JA and HF.

A message of this type has a lot of 'craft' put into the words ... and everything is very literal.

SM references that the Club is doing everything within its powers to turn things around with things happening behind the scenes.

The Club is mentioned several times, the fans are mentioned, and so are the players ... but not one reference to the coach / manager ... to me this is telling. Unless we play Adelaide off the park and our win and our tactics get rave reviews, I would expect that its curtains for JA and HF.

Agreed.

Somehow I think that the decision has already been made. Now it's just a matter of "when."

After this game we have a tough run - WSW and Sydney away and then the Christmas Derby. Not a lot of points on the horizon there on our current form.

• Like 1

Expectations hmmm lets see - form is LLLLLDDLLLLL.

There is expectations though and then there is hope.  My hope is that Kisnorbo and Wielhart will form an impenetrable wall at the back and despite his layoff, Kewell will wind back the clock with a vintage display that will leave Adelaide reeling.  Our dominance will of course be rewarded with goals and we will walk away 3-0 victors.

Dear Mr Munn,

Thank you for your generic letter out to us, the members of the most under performing football club in the country. I appreciate the brief communication and effort to calm the fan base down.

In the years of being a member the club has gone backwards. From a starting position of scratch that says something. However you managed it though, you have created a passion within in me that adores the club.

What is important to remember is the people who own the club are not the club.

Without us fans no matter how small a base we are, the club becomes nothing.

We are hurting. Some may rely on their humor to pass this phase but make no mistake anyone with Red and White through their veins is in deep pain right now. Not only are we suffering on the pitch with the worst brand of football seen since a certain NZ defunct franchise but we have become a laughing stock off it. We the fans are mocked in our support.

Scott, time to ask some serious questions of yourself and your team. Are you and the others steering the ship the best people to take this club forward? Does the ownership care enough?

The only thing I ask is take a look at what's best for this club. If that means selling to an enthusiastic investor, then maybe that's what should be done.

The club are in a critical phase right now. The next decision made at any level is of vital importance.

Melbourne Heart is losing any respect and relevance in the sporting capital of the world. In a league where there is teams with only populations of 500,000 we with 4 million in the city alone average the lowest attendance. Remarkably poor no matter about our neighbors being here first.

It's time for drastic action and change. Either solve the problem or remove yourself and team for people who can. The long term future of our club depends on it.

This shit has gone on too long.

Regards,

Disgruntled fan.

• Like 2

You have to laugh when you read some of the comments....sometimes makes me think that MH got $$$$millions in the bank ready to be splashed out to turn the problems around. I think a machine operator is payed more than this players and coach..lol....let's be realistic .....even big teams that splashed the cash get humiliated and smashed (man city vs spurs 6-0) ,all of a sudden AVB is a shit coach is it?? Arsenal supporters wanted arsene Wagner out start of season when they lost agaist villa By 4 goals, where are arsenal now?? Top.

Let's stay behind our team and keep supporting, because we might not have a team in future ,,remember ( Gold Coast ,N Queensland )? They all gone. FFA needs to make sure that A-league can't afford to loose another team.

Go hearts

Ragnar AVB is a shit manager,and we dont have the bucks to replace JA so hoping he turns it all around.will be there on sunday to see that first win.

Expectations hmmm lets see - form is LLLLLDDLLLLL.

There is expectations though and then there is hope.  My hope is that Kisnorbo and Wielhart will form an impenetrable wall at the back and despite his layoff, Kewell will wind back the clock with a vintage display that will leave Adelaide reeling.  Our dominance will of course be rewarded with goals and we will walk away 3-0 victors.

His whole tenure has been horrid, not just the past 12 games.

We've played 41 games (inc. pre-season) against HAL opposition since his appointment, for a record of:

8 wins, 7 draws and 26 loses!

That's:

L D L W D L L L W L D D W L L L W W L W L L W L W L L L L L L L D L D D L L L L L

The writing was on the wall a very long time ago, I reckon we've had just one comprehensive result in his whole time in-charge at the club, that 4-1 win over Brisbane last year.

The worrying thing is, there is zero evidence that he will turn the team around, so it's time to stop beating round the bush IMO.

great post. 100% agree with everything. 

• Like 1

Thank you to Scott Munn for sending out such a pathetic, condescending and, actually, insulting letter to your members. The response here shows that there have been many members trying to help “management” develop and grow the club yet receiving in return inaction, platitudes and disinterest.

Sure we haven't been performing well on the field but I would say that poor performance at the production end is indicative of poor performance higher up. And, in our case, this does not end (or begin) with the coach.

I, and some of my friends, joined Heart because we thought it had a solid community ideal and that it had “heart” but we are now all seriously questioning whether we want to continue to be involved with something that is looking so dysfunctional.

As members all we want is to be part of a successful club, to be entertained and feel we are part of a cohesive organisation that is developing a sense of real community. This is simply not happening.

Members ARE the club and they need to be treated properly, listened to and involved. In the 4 years of this club's existence the A League and other clubs have grown yet we have failed to attract members, failed to obtain adequate attendance figures, failed to make a statement – in fact FAILED.

It really isn't money that is needed but a complete reappraisal by the club of what we are trying to achieve, how we should do it and (dare I say) getting some basic understanding of what a football club is all about.

Something has to seriously change and quickly or we won't last this season out, let alone be here next year.

It went wrong, IMHO, when a football decision turned into a marketing decision and JA got the job over Milicic. This is the problem and Munn and Sidwell know now they fcuked up. Under Milicic we would have won against CCM, for example, and would be playing a more cohesive style and not random like. A football club should be run by football people with the main aim of winning silverware.

It went wrong, IMHO, when a football decision turned into a marketing decision and JA got the job over Milicic. This is the problem and Munn and Sidwell know now they fcuked up. Under Milicic we would have won against CCM, for example, and would be playing a more cohesive style and not random like. A football club should be run by football people with the main aim of winning silverware.

Look TBH, it's more than just that, I really don't think Ante would have been the right man for the job either.

We would have had a starting XI of:

Redders

Germano - Gerhardt - Colosimo - Behich

Thompson - Wheelhouse

Dugandzic - Hernandez - Williams

Mebrahtu

Even though he would have been better tactically, I dont think we would have had much success with him in the end.

The real issue is the whole process was flawed from the start. They never seriously considered anyone else, and didn't have the balls to look outside their own backyard.

Edited by LR9

It went wrong, IMHO, when a football decision turned into a marketing decision and JA got the job over Milicic. This is the problem and Munn and Sidwell know now they fcuked up. Under Milicic we would have won against CCM, for example, and would be playing a more cohesive style and not random like. A football club should be run by football people with the main aim of winning silverware.

Look TBH, it's more than just that, I really don't think Ante would have been the right man for the job either.

Redders

Thompson - Wheelhouse

Mebrahtu

Even though he would have been better tactically, I dont think we would have had much success with him in the end.

The real issue is the whole process was flawed from the start. They never seriously considered anyone else, and didn't have the balls to look outside their own backyard.

Sorry but do you really think the team would have looked like that under Milicic? Half those players wouldn't have been in the first eleven.

Redders

Thompson - Wheelhouse

Mebrahtu

Sorry but do you really think the team would have looked like that under Milicic? Half those players wouldn't have been in the first eleven.

Not exactly but more or less.

Thompson and Colosimo would have been key figures, he badly wanted us to sign his former teammate Wheelhouse and he had a non-negotiable during his interview process that Hernandez would be our marquee because he felt he "could deliver regular finals football and lift crowds."

And he would have tried to bring in Labinot Haliti and Liam Reddy as squad players too.

Not very appealing, eh?

Redders

Thompson - Wheelhouse

Mebrahtu

Thompson and Colosimo would have been key figures, he badly wanted us to sign his former teammate Wheelhouse and he had a non-negotiable during his interview process that Hernandez would be our marquee because he felt he "could deliver regular finals football and lift crowds."

And he would have tried to bring in Labinot Haliti and Liam Reddy as squad players too.

Not very appealing, eh?

To be fair, I'd rather Carlos than Harry right now.

But I completely get what you're saying, who's to say we wouldn't have been just as bad under Milicic? It's the fact we didn't look abroad that's the problem as you said, which comes back to the board.

• Like 1

Redders

Thompson - Wheelhouse

Mebrahtu

Not very appealing, eh?

But I completely get what you're saying, who's to say we wouldn't have been just as bad under Milicic? It's the fact we didn't look abroad that's the problem as you said, which comes back to the board.

but back then it would have been fatlos. 

Redders

Thompson - Wheelhouse

Mebrahtu

Not very appealing, eh?

Still the best fatman I've seen play!

Someone who scores goals  :wub:

Redders

Thompson - Wheelhouse

Mebrahtu

Not very appealing, eh?

Still the best fatman I've seen play!

Someone who scores goals  :wub:

You cant speculate how well a coach may have done at MHFC by in turn specualting on what possible squad he would have tried to put together?

Just look at how the unwanted A League Veterans in WSW's side last season had them as Wooden Spoon favourites before the Season.

Leaving aside speculation about squads, what Munn et al did know at the time they were considering between JA and Milicic was:

JA's: 1 year youth team coach 2011 (finished 4th)

Milicic: !st year senior coach and lead Sydney United to champions in 2009 home/away season. Won 2009 NSW Premier League coach of the year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Premier_Leagues_NSW#2008_.5B6.5D

Leaving aside speculation about squads, what Munn et al did know at the time they were considering between JA and Milicic was:

Milicic: !st year senior coach and lead Sydney United to champions in 2009 home/away season. Won 2009 NSW Premier League coach of the year.

The youth team finished 4th but having seen a lot of the NYL games that season, the team performed worse under JA after Arthur Papas left

• Like 2

The youth team finished 4th but having seen a lot of the NYL games that season, the team performed worse under JA after Arthur Papas left

Indeed, 6 out of our 8 wins that season were in the first half of the season. Papas left close to the end of November 2011. After that our NYL record was W4, D2, L6.

Aloisi was a mediocre NYL coach.

Extracts from the "official" match preview

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/calendar/match/December-2013/Melbourne-Heart-vs-Adelaide-United/3124

"As for Heart, in the last two weeks the spells of encouraging football and the number of chances being created and not taken have become fewer and fewer, leaving embattled coach John Aloisi clutching at straws as he attempts to explain the nightmare run and seek to turn the team's season around. At just about any other club in the league, Aloisi would have been axed by now, with the Heart's financial constraints and default low expectations keeping him in the job. But even they have limits as to what they can endure, meaning it will soon be a case of now or never if a revival is to take place without a change in the dugout.

The big issue:
Heart – What isn't an issue for the Heart at this point? They need to show more spirit and determination if they really believe in Aloisi's message, and they also have to make better decisions and execute skill-sets more effectively all over the pitch for results to improve. The ball needs to be moved more quickly and with more accuracy in the final third if they are to breach opposing defences with the frequency required to win matches.

I'm guessing they didn't run the copy past Scott Munn first?

Extracts from the "official" match preview

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/calendar/match/December-2013/Melbourne-Heart-vs-Adelaide-United/3124

"As for Heart, in the last two weeks the spells of encouraging football and the number of chances being created and not taken have become fewer and fewer, leaving embattled coach John Aloisi clutching at straws as he attempts to explain the nightmare run and seek to turn the team's season around. At just about any other club in the league, Aloisi would have been axed by now, with the Heart's financial constraints and default low expectations keeping him in the job. But even they have limits as to what they can endure, meaning it will soon be a case of now or never if a revival is to take place without a change in the dugout.

The big issue:

Heart – What isn't an issue for the Heart at this point? They need to show more spirit and determination if they really believe in Aloisi's message, and they also have to make better decisions and execute skill-sets more effectively all over the pitch for results to improve. The ball needs to be moved more quickly and with more accuracy in the final third if they are to breach opposing defences with the frequency required to win matches.

I'm guessing they didn't run the copy past Scott Munn first?

Ouch!

Indeed, 6 out of our 8 wins that season were in the first half of the season. Papas left close to the end of November 2011. After that our NYL record was W4, D2, L6.

Aloisi was a mediocre NYL coach.

Not that the youth team is about results but I do remember a quick change from the positive reports from our games to less than positive after Papas left.

Of all the Aussie candidates I would take Papas right now.