Melbourne Football

A Message from the CEO‏

heartrate

Over the last two weeks the Club and I have received many emails and letters providing constructive feedback on our team’s current form. We have listened, taken notice and I felt it necessary to reiterate our shared concerns. At Melbourne Heart, we recognise and accept that our start to the season has been unacceptable and we identify with your frustrations. Football is a game which delivers highs and lows in equal measure and we acknowledge that we are experiencing a difficult period on the pitch currently.

The A-League is a competitive league, but at Melbourne Heart we are committed to meeting the highest standards of professionalism on and off the park – and ultimately that means delivering results. We want to win games and we want to be near the top of the table – which I’m sure is a desire shared by all of our members and fans.

You can guarantee that the Club is doing everything possible to turn our current form around. It may not be visible, but we are working hard behind the scenes – and the Club are 100 per cent focussed on achieving a positive result against Adelaide United this Sunday.

Importantly, we appreciate your continued support and your loyalty at this current point in time.

In times of hardship, the Club, our members, fans and players need to stick together and show fight and support – and importantly unite together behind our Red and White.

This Sunday at AAMI Park, I encourage you to show your support and help us secure three vital points.

Yours Sincerely,

Scott Munn

CEO, Melbourne Heart FC

I skimmed through it hoping to see "John Aloisi has been sacked"

"help us secure three vital points" secure it yourself by getting a new fkn manager.

I got excited when I found this in my inbox.....

Didn't find what I hoping to find :(

• Like 1

I might be reading too much into this but the club has gone pretty silent. Normally they are all over twitter posting photos of training etc.

I'd say that is due to the amount of abuse they are copping on social media at the moment. Don't want to give too much space for fans to vent their anger etc.

I might be reading too much into this but the club has gone pretty silent. Normally they are all over twitter posting photos of training etc.

I'd say that is due to the amount of abuse they are copping on social media at the moment. Don't want to give too much space for fans to vent their anger etc.

True, every time they have tweeted ive replied with alosisout :up:

• Like 1

Received the email and agree with the general sentiment echoed above...

Realistically though, what do people want Munn to communicate under these circumstances? Do people want clarification from the board as to why Aloisi is still the head coach - if so what professional sporting club has ever done this or would ever do this?

It's another, typically vague email from management that attempts to appease fans without ever really committing to any details, dates or decisions. At least those in charge are supporting the current coaching staff and are trying to promote strength through unity - don't get me wrong, I'm all for JA's dismissal - but further division can't be good for the players...

At least they have finally listened to the growing chorus. Credit for that.

We probably can't ask for too much more publicly.

Note there is no mention of any specific person, nor indeed the coaching team. And there is clearly a focus on the next home match - it's not " get behind us for the rest of the season."

I still think Sunday's match is JA's last chance.

Agree, let's see what actions back up the words. I agree with HoM, we don't aspire to be near the top, we want to be top. We need regular feedback from the club, perhaps more specific that this, but this is a start of the process of our relationship with the club changing from being passive consumers of the franchise product provided by the owners to having the franchise owners being custodians of the club and the club having responsibility to the members.

You have to laugh when you read some of the comments....sometimes makes me think that MH got $$$$millions in the bank ready to be splashed out to turn the problems around. I think a machine operator is payed more than this players and coach..lol....let's be realistic .....even big teams that splashed the cash get humiliated and smashed (man city vs spurs 6-0) ,all of a sudden AVB is a shit coach is it?? Arsenal supporters wanted arsene Wagner out start of season when they lost agaist villa By 4 goals, where are arsenal now?? Top.

Let's stay behind our team and keep supporting, because we might not have a team in future ,,remember ( Gold Coast ,N Queensland )? They all gone. FFA needs to make sure that A-league can't afford to loose another team.

Go hearts

• Like 1

You have to laugh when you read some of the comments....sometimes makes me think that MH got $$$$millions in the bank ready to be splashed out to turn the problems around. I think a machine operator is payed more than this players and coach..lol....let's be realistic .....even big teams that splashed the cash get humiliated and smashed (man city vs spurs 6-0) ,all of a sudden AVB is a shit coach is it?? Arsenal supporters wanted arsene Wagner out start of season when they lost agaist villa By 4 goals, where are arsenal now?? Top.

Let's stay behind our team and keep supporting, because we might not have a team in future ,,remember ( Gold Coast ,N Queensland )? They all gone. FFA needs to make sure that A-league can't afford to loose another team.

Go hearts

Wtf did I just read? Edited by LR9
  • Like 3

Go hearts

you should talk to TOPCAT and boffins because you clearly have a grip on reality that mirrors a 12 year old ;)

Go hearts

you should talk to TOPCAT and boffins because you clearly have a grip on reality that mirrors a 12 year old ;)

Why would we wanna talk to him

According to @ChrisTannerZSEM, "one Aleague coach has been 'put on notice' today if results don't improve, he is expected to resign"

Yeah resign already musky you cunt!

Serious though, it's probably the Adelaide coach.

Don't see it being him, Has been close a couple of times, Only bad game from memory was against victory.

According to @ChrisTannerZSEM, "one Aleague coach has been 'put on notice' today if results don't improve, he is expected to resign"

Yeah resign already musky you cunt!

Serious though, it's probably the Adelaide coach.

And if it IS GangnamStyle, what does that say about us.. Speaks volumes about persistence.. but.... 

Does that mean the players will lose on purpose so he's gone?

Can we just have one win please? I really do want JA gone but this is my last home game for a while, and i would like to see a win before i leave. :)

I don't think i can go to a game an actively cheer for my team to lose 

Go hearts

Your grasp of the English language is horrible.

Also, to finally dispel the myth that a 45 minute silence is going to kill our club somehow. We are doing this so the club can improve. If we continue to support as we have been, pretending nothing is wrong, the club is far more likely to die than if we take a stand a let the club know we aren't going to accept this shit.

We are not abandoning the club. We are still as passionate as we have ever been. We will still be singing as loudly and as proudly as we ever have in the second half. We still want, and believe this club can be a success, but not without changes being made.

• Like 6