Melbourne Football

Round 8 - Aloisi Farewell game: Melbourne v Adelaide, Sunday 5pm

LR9

In fairness to Harry, I would be making up excuses myself to not play for JA. I bet you if milicic was coach he would be playing on one leg. Just another sign showing you how JA had lost the players

Maybe Ange has told Harry that his services are not needed in Brasil.

Foxsports team says we're gonna win tomorrow. Robbie, Harps, Rudes and Peacock picking Heart and Bozza and Tara Adelaide. And they call themselves experts ??????

They are desperate for Bambi to be spared execution. Wishful thinking. I don't think that any win would be received with more ambivalence than if we happened to win tomorrow. Unlikely though.

Foxsports team says we're gonna win tomorrow. Robbie, Harps, Rudes and Peacock picking Heart and Bozza and Tara Adelaide. And they call themselves experts ??????

They are desperate for Bambi to be spared execution. Wishful thinking. I don't think that any win would be received with more ambivalence than if we happened to win tomorrow. Unlikely though.

I think it's that, and also that Fox Sports doesn't want A-League viewers who are Heart supporters and Heart sympathisers to tune out and stop watching, so they're giving us sympathy predictions (notice how none of them ever say why they think Heart will win. At most they say 'they have hit rock bottom and are due to bounce back').

Harry Kewell ruled out of Melbourne Heart's crunch match against Adelaide with another injury

Staff Writers   AAP   November 30, 2013

MELBOURNE Heart will play one of the most important games in its short history without Harry Kewell after the captain was again ruled out because of injury.

Kewell's absence will stretch to seven consecutive matches after coach John Aloisi said the Socceroos legend had not recovered adequately from a training session earlier in the week.

And as pressure builds on the coach to retain his job ahead of the clash with Adelaide at AAMI Park, Aloisi said he had received strong backing from the club's administration to turn the team's fortunes around after a winless start to the season.

Kewell has played just 68 minutes this season after arriving amid much excitement during the winter.

Those minutes came against his old club, Melbourne Victory, in Round 1 before he succumbed to what was said to be a whiplash injury.

Kewell later said he had been dealing with "a few things that have come up", giving credence to speculation that a soft tissue injury was also keeping him on the sidelines.

He suffered an ankle injury barely 48 hours out from what was meant to be his comeback game against Western Sydney in Round 5 and has not played a game since.

Kewell trained alone and in non-Heart gear at Gosch's Paddock on Thursday _ just 100m away from his former Victory teammates _ while the rest of the Heart squad trained at Epping.

That session was just days after Aloisi declared Kewell would feature in some part against the Reds today and 10 days after chief executive Scott Munn said the 35-year-old would return against Newcastle last Sunday.

He wasn't seen at Saturday's run around at AAMI Park.

"He hasn't come through a training session as well as we would have liked," Aloisi said.

"There is no point risking him unless he is fit. There are still 20 games to go."

Heart has taken just two points from the first seven games of the season, while the club has won just eight times during Aloisi's 34-game tenure.

But the coach was seemingly unnerved when asked about the mounting pressure yesterday.

"We can't let the outside pressure affect us," he said.

"There's always speculation. Management have told me to just concentrate on my job. They haven't said to me John this is your last chance and you are out."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/harry-kewell-ruled-out-of-melbourne-hearts-crunch-match-against-adelaide-with-another-injury/story-fnk6rlg0-1226772036886

Perhaps a bit interesting and telling that even Aloisi thinks the board could soon tap him on the shoulder and tell him he is one loss away from being sacked.

Edited by Murfy1

I think it's that, and also that Fox Sports doesn't want A-League viewers who are Heart supporters and Heart sympathisers to tune out and stop watching, so they're giving us sympathy predictions (notice how none of them ever say why they think Heart will win. At most they say 'they have hit rock bottom and are due to bounce back').

Yeah, because that's such a huge market..

Looking beyond the current crisis cum fcukup, Berisha is coming out of contract this season and is only 28y. We could make a statement by getting a striker with HAL form. Or sign young 19y old Kwame Yeboah and return to one of our core values of developing youth. Just dreamin'

The Albanian Striker scores for Roar against Glory. Who would have thought that?

Here's more of what Aloisi said today:

Heart needs to stick together, Aloisi

Lou Verga   November 30, 2013

Melbourne Heart boss John Aloisi has stressed that the club need to stick together and avoid dwelling on the negatives in order to turn their season around.

Speaking ahead of Sunday’s home clash with Adelaide United, Aloisi’s message to the club and its fans was clear.

“I’m sure that there’s unhappy people and we are unhappy with the way we’ve started the season. This is a tough time for us as a club. We really need to stick together and get through this period and we’ll come out the other side stronger, there’s no doubt there.”

“We can’t let the outside pressure affect us. The biggest thing I’ve said to the players this week is to play without fear.”

Aloisi revealed that marquee-man Harry Kewell will again be unavailable to aid in Heart’s resurrection due to his ankle injury, and revealed that at present there is no need to rush the skipper back.

“We gave Harry a good test yesterday to see if he was able to play or at least be involved but he didn’t pull through it well.

“We’ve got enough players that we think can still do a job for us and it’s up to those players to step up in Harry’s absence,” the manager said.

“We’re not going to put unnecessary pressure on someone eight games in when he’s not feeling good. Everyone wants to see him play but if he’s playing at 40% it’s not going to be good for anyone.”

More positive news is that Michael Mifsud will start the game after international duty cut his contribution short last time out

“Mifsud will definitely come back in. Last week he only played 20 minutes with us but he has looked very sharp this week. He wants to get off the mark and start scoring goals.”

Heart comes up against an Adelaide outfit that has also endured a lacklustre start to the season, sitting just three points above the Melbourne side. Aloisi sees an opportunity, but still expects a difficult game.

“It’s a big challenge. They are in a similar position to us. They have only won one game, that was the first game of the season. But they are a side that keep the ball very well so we know it’s going to be a tough game. We’ve worked on how we can hurt them this week and also how we can stop them from hurting us,” the former Socceroo said

“We’re very confident. We have to make sure we’re focused the whole game, especially defensively because they are a side that can keep the ball for long periods and if you’re out of position they can hurt you.

Aloisi also spoke of the influence that former Heart manager John van’t Schip has had in coming back to the club and being in touch with the coaching staff

“He’s been through all this before. He knows what it’s all about and having a mentor like that helps me and it will help the players as well because we’ve got an older head around.”

http://www.mfootball.com.au/heart-needs-to-stick-together-aloisi/

Edited by Murfy1

"Aloisi revealed that marquee-man Harry Kewell will again be unavailable to aid in Heart’s resurrection due to his ankle injury, and revealed that at present there is no need to rush the skipper back."

JA has been constantly saying kewell is needed in the midfield and has mentioned him after almost every match. Don't pretend that there's no rush, admit that our season is relying on him.

I expect we'll have <40% possession for the match tomorrow with AU dictating the game & most of the match played out around our defensive third. AU will patiently move the ball around, quickly get back possession when they lose it, and poor Mifsud will be an isolated unsupported figure when someone lobs the ball up the field to him and the 3 AU defenders surrounding him. We'll have a few shots on goal, lucky if we score. With most of the game being played around our box I expect at least 1 penalty to AU.

Edited by belaguttman

I expect we'll have <40% possession for the match tomorrow with AU dictating the game & most of the match played out around our defensive third. AU will patiently move the ball around, quickly get back possession when they lose it, and poor Mifsud will be an isolated unsupported figure when someone lobs the ball up the field to him and the 3 AU defenders surrounding him. We'll have a few shots on goal, lucky if we score. With most of the game being played around our box I expect at least 1 penalty to AU.

Aren't we all? I'm going to the game expecting us to lose 0-1, 0-2, or 1-2. In fact looking ahead I'm finding it hard to see where we can win a game this season.

all week i've been pretty down about the lose-lose for the game.  one way or the other we fucked; we win and Aloisi keeps the job or the guy goes and our season is pretty well done.

funnily enough they said on the Sydney- Newcastle game tonight that Farina has just had his "One Year Anniversary"; given the mess those mutts are always it has been a good signal of doing the right thing early with a coach (all be it that Crook pulled the plug and fucked off - mind you it Farina is not all that much chop either) given Sydney sit 2nd (at time of posting - WSW play Wellington team tomorrow).

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 1

Meant to be a nice day tomorrow. Might leave half time and go and watch the hot chicks run around the tan and the yarra.

You won't be alone as the game will be well and truly over by then.

1-4 loss with Aloisi still claiming he can still get the team out of this mess, whilst hopeful Harry can play before Engelaar. Positive out of the game is we have scored two weeks in a row. Team is improving but just need a little luck.

Meant to be a nice day tomorrow. Might leave half time and go and watch the hot chicks run around the tan and the yarra.

You won't be alone as the game will be well and truly over by then.

1-4 loss with Aloisi still claiming he can still get the team out of this mess, whilst hopeful Harry can play before Engelaar. Positive out of the game is we have scored two weeks in a row. Team is improving but just need a little luck.

And he also claims that the hot weather took its toll on the players. (I actually remember him using this as an excuse last season and we were playing at home)

So what about that Munn quote "the next three games are really important" or whatever it was. Surely having lost two of them already that means that they are looking for a replacement already? Anything other than this and Munn would look like a total idiot. If Heart lose today that would mean we won zero of three "very important games". If they continue to support JA the board will look like even bigger idiots than they do now.

A draw wont surprise me today.  

What is the point in attending a Football match if you are hoping your team will Loose - Regardless of the shit going on , True Football supporters always back there team. 

I dont get the mentality 

I suppose its un-australian too? :droy:

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

I'm sure many members have mixed feelings. Of course one part of us wants to see the boys win today, both for them and for us, while the other part sees a loss as helping to accelerate the changes at the club that I suggest most people see as necessary.

Yeah this! Head is saying I hope we lost but heart is saying I hope we win. Funnily enough as this is my second year as a member and didn't get to go to many games last year (went to the ones towards end of the year) I am yet to see us win a game so to be honest I would probably take the win. In saying that I want us to win with substance and play decent football. If we win 1-0 with a penalty or deflected goal I would rather not even bother and get flogged. 

Edited by RoyalHeart